Start-Up Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Start-Up Talk

I want to hear some of your opinions on starting this thing up. Do we want to wait for luvs rosters, which I kinda prefer doing. Or do we wanna work with what we have. How about settings? I am thinking starting out with base AA, maybe a tweak or two. Recruiting sliders? Time? 6 or 7 min quarters are the better options. Recruiting limits tie in with the settings? Let me hear some input from you guys.

2. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

i would also prefer to wait for luvs rosters.

i think AA would be the way to go. i also think recruiting on AA would be best.

6 minute quarters.

3. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

I would prefer to go with the rosters that are out. No offense to the luv guy but he seems like he will be doing his for a long time and i'm ready to get rolling.

I think AA is fine for game play and 6 minute quarters. I'm not sure about AA recruiting or Varsity. I have been doing a offline dynasty and recruiting is extremely hard on the AA settings. Teams like Duke were out recruiting me lol. I don't think we will have to worry to much about recruiting limits with this years game. We will be lucky if we are able to fill our team needs. But seniors plus 3/4 would be fine with me.

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

^^^^
    Agree with t-bonr

5. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

^^^This

....All American default, 6 min quarters. I say AA for recruiting as well. With all of us being 3 star and below prestige teams, recruiting for decent talent will be challenge enough.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Definitely AA for recruiting, And I would say start at AA gameplay difficulty then move to heisman after a few weeks. I'm anxious to start with the OS guys rosters and 6 or 7 are both fine with me.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well I think the 6/7 min quarter thing can be adjusted on the fly. Settings/Sliders after a season. I am mainly concerned about rosters.

8. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I'm fine with what you guys have suggested. We prolly should hold off on slider tweaks until season 2 tho.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Luvs will have more corrections than the OS ones

I downloaded those last night

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

They shitty?

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

With the rosters I'm sure Luv's will be great. OS has a pretty good one, I didn't notice mistakes as I did with gamingtailgate's roster . Luv will probably be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I'd rather get going now but if wait for Luv's I won't be complaining.

12. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

I haven't went through Block-O's roster from top to bottom, but from what I've looked at, they look pretty good to me. I used his last year and they were legit.

I think you're gonna find a noticeable split as it relates to the roster debate. The guys in this league who have history here at TF will stick to the familiarity of the roster maker here. Totally understandable, because I remember the days at MaddenMania when we only waited for rosters from this guy named blacklover because he was from the site and we were most familiar with him. The new members in this league will obviously be more open to going with a roster set from outside the site such as the one from Block-O at OS.

Personally, I would prefer to start now with legit rosters that are already out, but if not, I have my own offline dynasty going to tide me over til we get started with luv's.

Constructive advice...one of the best lessons I've learned in my years of coaching is that open dialog during coaches meetings sounds good in theory. In the end, the Head Coach has to ultimately decide what's best for the team and just go with it since the team's success or failure will fall upon his shoulders.

If the decision is made to go with luv's I think ultimately everyone will be cool with that. I think guys are just ready to get started and develop their own name here at TF.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha I appreciate the words Doom, definitely a football coach talking there. I want to look deeper into it, which I will get time to do tomorrow evening. I was playing a game with Virginia and when looking at stats I thought it felt like players weren't in their right positions. I will go over them tomorrow and see how good they are. I saw a post in the Saturday Heroes Premier league stating that Luv may not be done until the real NCAA Season begins...which is awhile. They will be extremely good, but may not be needed for this season. I will look things over tomorrow. I have played one game with Virginia, but would like to get more in. Whether it be against an opponent or just practice.

14. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Yeah, Block-O sent a msg out shortly after his rosters were out that there was a minor glitch in the depth charts on a few teams that came from him fixing names and positions relative to where EA had them. He sent another out that was supposed to be fixed.

In any event, I'm with whatever we decide to go with.