Starting the new dynasty

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 15, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Here are just some things to think about when we start this OD so that we don't forget any minor things in the many menus. Most of these are fundamental but I'm sure it could be easy to lose/forget about them.

FOR EVERYONE:
    When you join, select "Create New Coach." The rest is self explanatory. Last year we had guys miss out on a week of recruiting because they chose to use an existing coach and had to leave the OD and get reinvited.

FOR Masler :
    • "Dynasty House Rules" - Besides setting the sliders, make sure to set "Recruiting Difficulty" to Heisman. It's Varsity by default. I'm guessing that everything else under "Dynasty Rules" is self explanatory.
    • Under "Dynasty Teams" -> "Custom Conferences" Add Nevada, SMU, Houston, and BYU to the Big 12. I don't know what we decided on for divisions or if we ever came up with Division names.
    • I think we're adding Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC now instead of waiting for 2013 right? If so, you'll need to add them. If you do that, you'll also need to make all the future Big East changes now as well as they'd only have 6 teams.
    • For Big12, go to "Conference Rules" (hit "X" button) turn on protected rivals (it's off by default).
    • For both the ACC and Big 12, setup the protected rivals to be user games (I don't know what we decided on for protected rival matchups). You can try to change the "Start Conference Games" week #, but I haven't had luck with it (IE. I set it to week 4 to start but still had conference games starting in week 2).
    • For Big 12, setup a location for the conference championship game (I didn't like the Pac12's "best record gets to host it" setting). I'd guess the Cotton Bowl would be a good place, but I don't know if it'll act like it's the Big XII CCG or the cotton bowl (I played a play now game between SMU and Rice in the Rose Bowl and it had all the pregame cutscenes of the actual Rose Bowl).
    If anyone else can think of anything to keep in mind, post it up.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I believe the divisions and protected rivals are on the Google doc that UofCWildcat made during the draft process.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Where is that google doc he made?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I tried to set Start Conference Games but it did not work.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's in the sticky The E 2013 Draft Sheets

6. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I really hope in the OD the AI is smart enough to notice it's not a bowl game or for that matter a neutral site rivalry game. For my new members NPL we made a 12 team Big East and I set the championship up at Lincoln Financial (Army/Navy game). For our Big XII, I'd be good with either the Cotton Bowl or Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Masler, I just now thought about this and it's too late for season 1, but I think we should probably change the BCS bowl bids so that the ACC and Big XII play each other.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I like this. Make the Big East not specific to any BCS Bowl and make the Big XII and ACC play in the Orange Bowl

• Like Like x 2
  9. Masler

Masler Moderator

We will implement this Season 2