Startup Plan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Startup Plan

OK guys, here's what I'm thinking. As said before, we are in no rush to get going. I'd like to take time between now and a better roster update (and preferrably the first patch but who knows when that will be), to do some testing. We have a test franny up, we'll start playing some of the games. They are set to be short games, but if you decide you want full games I'll bump up the time. I'm hearing that 12 mins with 15 sec runoff is good, or we can do the traditional 8 mins with no accel. It'll be up to the league.

I want to make sure everyone knows how to connect to each other, that the games are played, that you can play the CPU. I can see how many times you disconnect and restart, so we'll put rules around that. The CPU won't be a pushover game, that's for sure. I also want to see if we can work around getting a sub, which would mean I need to test dropping and reinviting owners. There's a lot to take a look at.

So, with that said, let's look to start playing some of these games. I'll advance us every now and then during the next week or two. Ideally, I'd like us to hit the offseason so we can all look at that as well.

Sign into the franny if you haven't already. There are still a few guys missing.

If you have thoughts, post em here. There's a lot of undiscovered country...

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hey guys. im flying back home late tonight and will be picking my madden up in the morning. ill check for invites etc. at that time. it looks as if we are a couple of weeks away minimum so i would say try to go for the opening day roster patch.

3. Mags

Excellent...

One thing I've noticed is that we have absolutely no control over simmed games. I can't sim individual games, nor can I undo games that have been played. There is also no option to play the CPU if the other owner doesn't show. I'd have to manually remove them from the league and then reinvite them. Not too appealing. This stuff is REALLY limited.

4. Mags

Excellent...

One thing I've noticed is that we have absolutely no control over simmed games. I can't sim individual games, nor can I undo games that have been played. There is also no option to play the CPU if the other owner doesn't show. I'd have to manually remove them from the league and then reinvite them. Not too appealing. This stuff is REALLY limited.

5. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Limited.

And the Double Posting is annoying too:D

6. gt86

gt86 Walk On

this is really start to sound not to reaasurring

7. stealth

stealth Walk On

sounds like every owner has to be more dedicated then ever on getting their games played every week

8. Mags

Yep, it's just more of a chore. This is the type of stuff we'll have to craft rules around.

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ive been testing 7 min quarters with no acc clock on all madden. I like 'em so far.

10. Mags

I think what I'll do is readjust the franny and then start up testing this week. It'd be good if we could get some games in to see how things are working as well as slider testing.

Word on the street is that EA will be looking at the default speed for Online Franchise as an option to change as a patch. Whether or not they will remains to be seen.

11. Mags

I think what I'll do is readjust the franny and then start up testing this week. It'd be good if we could get some games in to see how things are working as well as slider testing.

Word on the street is that EA will be looking at the default speed for Online Franchise as an option to change as a patch. Whether or not they will remains to be seen.

12. Kan

Kan Walk On

5m does seem awful short w/ acc clock.

13. Mags

Yeah, Kan, I kept that short just so I could get a couple of games up there...

12 mins w/ 15 sec runoff or 8 min straight are what we'd normally do.

14. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

first thing EA needs to fix is the online franchise server. It takes me longer than it should (more than 10 tries) to get into the server.

15. gt86

gt86 Walk On

16. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

id like to chip in again on the time we play. id vote for the 12 minute w/ acceleration. I personally hate the clock accel. b/c it doesnt give u enough time to make adjustments at the line, but given the rules and way the game will be played i think it just might work. BTW im playing my week 2 game vs. cpu right now in franny and either the texans suck or the difficulty might have to be bumped a bit. ive got 28 points and we have 4 minutes left in 1st half.

17. natedawg212000

i am cool with whatever, but i hate acc clock. I say just 8 min quarters and be done with it.

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im sorry i went on to say i hate the accel clock yet i voted for it. i like 8 min quarters myself. i hate the clock. maybe i should stop playing and typing at the same time in the future.

19. Kan

Kan Walk On

Just played my franny week w/ 8m quarters and that felt pretty good.

20. Mags

All, please try to schedule with your opponent or play your CPU game with the current settings in the OF. I'd like to start locking down some of the settings stuff so we can move on.

21. Mags

Let's get a few more test games in. I'll then create a new franny with the roster updates and switch it over to All-Madden to see if that is any better. Keep posting your impressions.

22. natedawg212000

from what i have heard (only heard) is that it does some stupid things on all madden. Personally the game I played on all madden was a blast, but it was only 1 game so who knows.