Stat Strangeness

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Stat Strangeness

I gots ta ask ...

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Florida State Florida Atlantic
    1st Downs 26 44
    Total Yards 617 866
    Passing 420 572
    Completion Attempts 23 - 31 37 - 55
    Yards Per Pass 13.55 10.4
    Rushing Attempts 23 31
    Yards Per Rush 4.74 2.58
    Turnovers 1 4
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 4
    Possession 15:07 21:17

How does one give up 44 first downs in a game, 866 yards, 86 plays from scrimmage, 572 yards passing, six minutes of extra T.O.P. ... and win by 30?

You guys combined for 56 points in the 4th quarter alone, after playing a reasonable game up to that point. What happened in this one?

These are the kind of stats that remind me of the SCU-Bama game that got easy in so much trouble. I'm not a fair guy if I don't ask what's up with this weirdness. Mind enlightening me?

Also, I make the score 30-14 at the start of the 4th. You then score 3 times, making it 51-14. FAU scores to make it 51-21. Then, you go and throw a 31 yard pass to the FB for a score with three minutes left? Who does that? Up 30 with three minutes left, and we're throwing the ball?

This game is strange. It just doesn't look right. I'm afraid I just have to call attention to it. Let's hear what the guys have to say.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

If I was a defense attorney assigned to Sample's case, I'd point out the 4 FAU turnovers. Depending upon where they were on the field, you can double your opponent's yardage and still lose. As for the late score through the air? Perhaps he audibled from a run to a quick slant or screen after the D' put all 11 in the box?

Other than that? I can't imagine the Owls putting up that much yardage on any team, never mind a user-controlled FSU. If it's an EA glitch, you must acquit!

3. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

About the pass that was my back up QB in the game and you'll notice that it was his only pass of the game. it was to my FB who is also my 2nd string TE, so that was back up QB to back up TE.. it just happened that the only pass was a TD..

I was able to score so much in the 4th b/c they onside kicked the whole 4th qtr giving me a very short field. And i was just able to run it down their pie whole.. which i have been complaining since we started that i can't run for shit. that changed in this game.

next, turnovers kill.... they moved the ball on me very well the whole game between the 20's but in the read zone that (cheating) crap they were doing (throwing over the middle) was not working b/c they now had a short field. 4 TO's is hard to over come even if you put up that many yards.

also, the reason the sliders got changed was prob b/c of me being a bitch and complaining about the cpu being too accurate and the middle of the field being wide open no matter what play i called (don't know if you guys remember that thread).. That same thing happened this game..

i think the total yards has to be off.. how can they pass for 572 and have 866 total? where did the other 300 yards come from? running? they had 2.58 yards per carry on 31 att. that does not add up to 300 yards. The same goes for my team.. i did not have 200yards rushing..

4. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

also check out my highlights.. you'll see a INT in the endzone (which is ego's point), you'll see a pick 6 by my 4 string FS, you'll see a endzone pass by the cpu over the middle (my point about them passing over the middle) which they actually did twice but i didn't save the other, and you'll see the pass to the TE/FB (you can't see the loaded box as they brought the safties up and that play had the blinking green link as i had a good run a little before that) where they were in man with NOBODY in the middle of the field..

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Those yards include kickoff and punt returns as well with 8 tds and an average of 20 ypr that's 160 yards right there

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm not saying anything happened, but I am saying that it looks really strange to see a touchdown per minute in the 4th quarter. I've never had cause to question Sample before, but these stats are waaaaaaayyyyy elevated, and that's the kind of thing I tend to put out there for public discussion. We've played a full season together, and Sample's play has never been an issue, so I'm not terribly worried about it. But, if we all come out of this conversation with a better idea of when to call it a day and burn out the clock, I'll call that a success.

7. egofailure

To be objective (which is hard because Sample is cool), I'd have to say that he should have put the breaks on much sooner in the 4th. His play could arguably be deemed as spiteful (Revenge toward Robo QB!) and/or an attempt at stat-padding (or at least gunning for the blowout).

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Can't say I disagree.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

+1

Heck I get up 21 in the second half and the second units both come in and I do nothing but run. I've even dove to the ground to keep from scoring sometimes. To each their own.

10. egofailure

Damn, suddenly everyone loses their testicles and hides?

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No, some of us don't live on the internet, and PSN all day.

12. egofailure

And that would fly, had some members not peeked in and/or posted in other threads without touching this one. ;)

And some of us don't use the goal line formation on 1st and 10 on the 50 yard line, either.

(P.S. We post in online forums about imaginary dynasties. We're all geeks. ;))

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Busting your balls man...no need to take a cheap shot at my affection for the Power I formation.

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

ya caught me...Guilty

15. egofailure

I love puttin' you on blast, Mull'. Haha, but only out of love! :)

16. egofailure

I love puttin' you on blast, Mull'. Haha, but only out of love! :)

(Andy's guilty, too.)

17. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

lol, this is exactly what i said.. i expected way more then 2 people in this thread..