State of Chompions League

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Jbek, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

jandy Glen Cieske Paytonno1son fantasyboi cmassey13 cyhiphopp Rhight Antonio T. MrWitness36 Spayer419

So as you all probably know, NCAA 14 online dynasties all across TSO, from premium leagues to non, are either dead or dieing. Particularly for the PS3. Take pride in our progress guys, this is a truly special league when considering our committed members, our organization and our sustained pace. Nearing the end of season five, we are the furthest dynasty on the site, and probably the world (sounds dramatic, doesn't it!). Yet, it's a sad reality; this being the last NCAA game to ever be made and the new consoles being released. Even then, Chompions League still has a pulse.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to how the end of this season shakes out.
    • Cy and Cmassey will face off once again in the SEC Championship in a quasi Nat Champ playoff game
    • Glenn has to beat me and most likely either Payton or Fantasy in the B1G Ten Championship to earn a spot in the title game
    • Jandy will hopefully lose to the computer or something. :sneaky:

It's going to be a typical BCS roulette on the road to the Championship, embodying the camaraderie of college football that hooked us when we were kids and keeps us hooked and playing this game as adults. With that said, lets keep our pace and hopefully by the end of next weekend we will be in Bowl Season, on the verge of starting a new campaign. Then in Season six, the fun really starts, as we field entirely our own teams, and see whos recruiting was the strongest (or luckiest).

I've started a sort of Call to Arms across TSO, trying to find new members to fill our league out to keep things fresh and progressive, and ofcourse, new blood to spill on the field. Hopefully we can snag a few wayward users who can be committed to an exceptional league such as ours, users who may have fallen off because of their own leagues shortcomings. I think we can find them.

But in the meantime, we have eight strong users. Next season we should consider a conference realignment. We might have to merge the PAC14 Users and the SEC users, as awkward as that may be. Hopefully we can snag a new user or two to prevent us from having to do that.

Well, this may have been a long winded message, but I feel it was worth getting out there. Long Live Chompions League!! Enjoy the weekend guys!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

Ya Jbek I've even FINALLY opened up my own online dynasty and havent even got one hit. I personally will never get rid of my PS3 because this is the last NCAA and this is my #1 game of interest. Am def happy that I finally found a solid OD here tho! Unlike u guys, I am just now pulling in my recruits but some look to have immediate impact, specially with how much I hate all of my QBs!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Yeah dude its great having you onboard! Things will turn around for Sparty. I mean, you already have a sick recruiting class, its ranked like fifth or something.. pretty damn impressive. Just don't lose to the computer anymore!!! It's easier said than done though, sometimes the CP seems unstoppable or even as if they are cheating haha. Like Kansas State against me earlier in the year. :dead:

4. fantasyboi

ya well when ur QB throws for 35% its tough to do anything. But the big win over Michigan pretty much has me in control. This offense I have is absolute garbage which is also y i beat Maryland by a whopping score of 17-10! The QB situation is is shambles but my incoming Freshman will b a stud in my offense

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

glad to see you're still very involved, Jbek ... I definitely miss playing this with y'all

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It's almost Bowl Season!

Since we probably wont be gaining any users before next season let's talk about some realignment.

I like Jbek's idea of a new PAC14.

Move ATM and Arky to a new PAC West.

The question is which 2 teams do we show the door?

81 OVR Oregon State - Worst talent currently. Could still play Oregon in non-con
    84 OVR Arizona State - Offense is really bad, but defense is good.
    84 OVR Washington State - Still great offense, made a bowl game this year

86 OVR, Utah, Colorado, Cal, and Arizona. None of them made bowls this year.

I'm actually surprised that Colorado has that much talent still.

I'm thinking for continuity purposes we should just send Utah and Colorado to Big12.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, should we do protected inter-division rivalries this coming season? We might end up beating each other up a lot and having a non-user BCS championship, but it would be fun and challenging. I am cool either way.

I'm kind of pumped to play some new teams in the PAC. The SEC is fun but we can still schedule some good non-con games with them.

7. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

we have a good chance of getting atleast one more user. LTL7360 are you still on board for joining after this season?

In the event that we get two more users, we will have to stick with three user conferences. If we start next season with 8 or less, then obviously we will have just two user conferences. We'll see how it plays out. I'm guessing interest in the game could increase slightly in December for various reasons, thus more potential for new members.

Colorado and Utah to the Big12 definitely makes sense. Or we could move Texas back to the Big12, to balance out the conferences. The SEC doesn't need replacement teams either, I'd say. jandy what do you think?

About the protected inter-division rivalries, I think we should consider it. User games are what keep the league fresh. I think we have a solid group right now, where a user loss won't prompt any of us to have the gut-reaction of quitting the league like we've seen with some former users. Another factor that could play into the necessity for more user games is the fact that computer teams will see a monumental hit in player ratings starting next season, as our users have hoarded top talent the past five seasons.

Once again, we will see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe we will have a wait list by the end of the season! heh.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Ah, I didn't know about LTL7360. Would be nice to play him in both The Pride and here! TexasA&M is mine over here though!

If we can get one or two more for next season we definitely shouldn't consolidate so much.

If we end up with 3 User conferences then we really need to do the inter-division games and make sure we have our User non-con games figured out.

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

You guys both make some valid points. If in fact we start next year with 8 total members, I think it would be best for the league if we had 2 conferences, while also playing the crossover divisional user game. Personally, I think we should try to play at least 4 user games a year, especially now that most of our teams were recruited entirely by the current head coach. Due to unforeseen circumstances that cause games to be simmed, this will also ensure that everyone actually plays more than 1 user game. National championships should be much more difficult to earn now.

I think I can speak for Antonio T. when I say that the PAC14 guys wouldn't mind moving to the SEC and changing up the competition. However, I am cool with bringing TAMU and Ark out west to join us. Either is cool with me, honestly.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Even if we only did the 8 team two Conference set up for one year while recruiting new members it would be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jandy

jandy Walk On

Couldn't agree more!

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Geographically it would make more sense to add TAMU and Arkansas to a division with Texas and Oklahoma rather than adding Stanford and Oregon to the SEC.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

Im still on board if yall want another. Im not particular about a certain team. Ill take whatever is available after conference re-alignment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We would basically have out 8 team playoff. If anyone comes out undefeated, they earned their BCS shot for sure.

If we get new teams during the season they can take over whoever they like and have a quick season to get their bearings. We can realign after that.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

With the current 2 conference plan it looks like the PAC would be full and you could take a Big Ten team.

Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Penn State are taken.

Ohio State is a former user team that still has wicked talent thanks to former commish Spayer419
    Michigan was also a user team at one point and is in decent shape.
    Nebraska is also pretty solid
    The next best team talent wise would be Iowa

16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We also are obviously not averse to adding a non-B1G team to the conference if you would like. Preferably one that makes some sense regionally, but not a big deal otherwise.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Please leave osu untouched I might be coming out of hibernation

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Great to hear!! That would be excellent.

19. fantasyboi

either way we will need a B1G (West) team once Jbek goes back to the East

20. fantasyboi

ya if u guys r merging the PAC and SEC teams geographically moving them to the Big XII is best since the big XII doesnt specify a specific area of the country

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

At this point does geography matter haha? We've got 14 teams in the Big 10, Texas in the Pacific 12, and Mizzu in the Southeastern conference. Common sense doesn't matter much

22. fantasyboi

just was an opinion thats all

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Everyone, we have our 8th member.

Welcome back, Spayer419 !!

Just a friendly reminder of the outcome of last time we played:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. jandy

jandy Walk On

This.

At this point, geography doesn't matter too much, but I have no problem moving Ark and TAMU to the PAC14

25. jandy

jandy Walk On

Welcome back, Spayer419! Hopefull the CPU didn't totally screw you in recruiting this year. Will you be reassuming the position of commissioner?