State of the Dynasty (S1)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Danthraxxx, Aug 12, 2012.

?

There are multiple answers here please select one for each three groups

1. I am enjoying this dynasty

50.0%
  2. This dynasty is ok , but not great

37.5%
  3. I don't enjoy this dynasty that much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. this is my only dynasty online

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like the 72 hour pace

62.5%
  6. I would prefer a 48 hour pace

37.5%
  7. I like the team I have

25.0%
  8. I would prefer a different team

25.0%
  9. I am ok with my team choice but not crazy about it

37.5%
  10. I like the conf set up we have

25.0%
  11. I would have liked diff conf

25.0%
  12. I would have liked an open dynasty with any conf

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

We are coming down the stretch on our first season , we have had a pretty good run so far in my opinion for a new member dynasty. Genrally , I am pretty pleased with our group. I want to touch on a few things here , and I have attached a few poll questions I want you guys to give me some input so we can try to make this dynasty even better.

This will not be a public poll, meaning nobody can see your vote. Please don't vote for the same answer more than once.

Also, we lost a member as Will Clinton has resigned from the site, I will work to replace him with a good member here shortly. To be honest , these things happen with new member OD to be frank, I thank those who are still here. ;)

hugezombie
    btbam91
    Ruckus Redbird19
    GDip
    FCCarsenal
    sreese
    LB Fitted
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    tothevictors56
    hornfaninbama

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Feel free to chime in here about these topics , keep in mind the questions being asked are more for feedback than anything else. This is not an indication that there will be changes in our dynasty , I am just trying to get a feel for how things are going with you guys.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Danthraxxx you know that I am technically not a new member, I've actually been here longer than you lol. So I've done several kinds of dynasties. In my experience the fully open dynasties are less fun because there are so many CPU games and not near enough user vs user games. But the one conference dynasties are a little restricting, and with 12 people it's difficult for everyone to be competitive. For instance if we took the SEC someone would get Alabama and someone else would be stuck with Vandy. I would favor a setup of 2 conferences with 6 people in each. We had a setup in like that in the OC last year with the Big 10 and ACC. Everyone got at least 3 user games in conference plus 2 games against users from the other conference. There were enough 4 star programs to go around and everyone could start on equal footing, but from there it was all about your skill in building a powerhouse and stick skills. If a change was to be made I would prefer the Big XII just because of the Texas schools.

I would prefer a different school but that's simply because I am not a big fan of Pitt.

I voted for a 48 hour advance, but now that I think about it 72 hours is better for me. I headed back to the OC and playing a game every night might be too much.

I like OD's but this one has less forum activity than any other dynasty I have been a part of. The forum content helps connect everyone and makes it more difficult to leave because you enjoy playing with your friends.

All that said, I enjoy the dynasty and I understand some of the issues I have with this dynasty are simple because most of he members are learning what is required for the players here. And none of them are deal breakers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

I agree with FaninBama, I think it would be more enjoyable if we weren't spread so thin. Like you said, if it were six teams in 2 conferences then it would be easier to build these personally rivalries and attachments.

I love reading the game summaries that people post but outside of those I'd like to see more conversation with recruiting battles and players that just committed, it seems to connect me better with that player and if I were to play against them later. just my 2 cents but overall I'm enjoying it (next year could be a rough one for the Bulls though)

• Like Like x 1