STATE OF THE FRANCHISE - OMFL WEEK 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 29, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

STATE OF THE FRANCHISE - OMFL WEEK 1

Just a quick update on a few reports that are coming in. Looks like All Madden, though it has its flaws, was the way to go. Some really really good games and some really big upsets so far in week 1.

A few reports though. Kicking is HARD. Duh. I know it sucks guys but all I can ask is that you do all that you can to keep the lag as free as possible. Restart all your modems/routers before you play, try and keep the traffic down while you play, try and not have anything going like video or anything that may slow it down. Just do your best. We can't start changing the rules and allowing you to go for it and none of that will be tolerated. This is a sim style league and in sim madden ps3 football, lag is a issue and we all have to deal with it.

Whats funny is a few guys are upset about crazy things just because the game is different and we have to learn how to re-do things. We will all adjust and by season 2 we won't even remember why we were up in arms.

Second this is a patch or two is coming, so just hang in there. We will get things adjusted and re-adjusted as these new patches come out. We are open to any and all suggestions, so bring them, but we have to do whats best for the league as a whole.

Third is injuries. Man they are bad, but after talking with the PMFL its pretty normal thing. We are NOT turning off injuries and injuries weren't even discussed in the patch updates that I seen get put out. It may just be how this new madden works. Keep your guys fresh, rotate key positions, and lets just figure it out. If there is something we can do, we will do it, but as of now things are staying the same.

Fourth is game play. Guys, especially new guys, the OMFL is a SIM STYLE, CHEESE FREE league. I will not allow guys to chase other owners away. With that said, I nor the board can do ANYTHING about a owner that we don't get told about. We are not mind readers and can't tell from your game that things were cheese or not. YOu take your complaint to jeremy, frisk, your AFC/NFC rep or myself. Please work with us here. We have a very good conflict negotiator who will take care of these problems in a timely manner.

Here are a few things that you must be aware of.

SUBS/DEPTH CHART - one complaint was that a guy had a starting TE as their #1 WR and it was told that this could not be changed. This is a complete lie. please make sure that you guys follow the sub rule that is in place. Play right or you just won't last here. Don't believe me? Take a look at the mile long waiting list and ask yourself if you don't think we will replace you.

GAME CALLING - mix it up. period. mix it up on offense and mix it up on defense and offense. Dont run only tosses, dont run only zone or only man, dont pick 5 plays on offense and 5 plays on defense that work, PLEASE MIX IT UP!

Give guys time to get set on defense before you hike the ball. Don't be a prick and hike when a guy is trying to select his player. If it happens once or twice fine, but a majority of the game let them get set. It's called sportsmanship - some of us need to learn it.

Dont break sub rules, dont break play calling rules, dont be a prick and let a guy not get set up, just lets play good sim style football that the OMFL is known for.

Please report any issues to the guys named above.

YOu guys rock and I am glad we can play games now! Let's keep things rolling fellas and have a great year.

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

C'mon Patches!!!!!

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

read and signed

4. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

hey I was the guy with TE at #1 Wr, it happenned for one series. My depth chart was not set before the game so before kickoff I went in and auto reorder then matched it to my cap system post but I couldnt change my TE from #1 wr for some reason the auto reorder locked him in there, I punted in my first series and did not throw to the TE at all. I then paused for second series and had to play around with the depth so it could allow me to set my wr n te order. It won't happen again.

Note that I didn't abuse or even benefit from this MiStAkE.

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Also, I think that would be a DIS-advantage for him to do that anyway, I dont think it was on purpose at all, I had to re-order my depth chart as well, but I just did it before my Week#1 game

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

No one said he done it on purpose, and I didnt even call him out on it, just making sure that all guys follow the sub rule.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Agreed on all parts. I have no issues with the gameplay whatsoever, except for the ridiculous amount of injuries. They are going to begin to pile up and owners are gonna be pissed when their star goes down for an extended period.

8. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

I didnt feel called out but wanted to
    Own an honest mistake, trust me I rather have 98 speed hester at wr than 85 speed olsen. :)

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I was all stoked I was making it through the whole game with no INJ. Major Wright subs in for one play, boom broken collar bone out for 12 weeks. At least I lost no starters.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

CJ and the titans survived but i feel it might only be a matter of time... A part of me wants to bench all my key guys and just wing it until enough of the teams are missing big pieces 7 or 8 games into the season. At the pace we are on, it could be 8-9 guys per team.

I seem to remember someone posting a link to an patch fix list and i thought one of them was to fix the amount of injuries per game. IMO EA tried to spice up the exhibition games with big injuries but never changed the settings for franchise play.

11. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

injuries are part of the game. pre-season or not. it sucks but that's what happens in sports(and not just in video games).

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Understood but the real question is the amount, im not talking about anything below a 1-2 game injuries. My biggest concern is the amount of 9 week to season injuries, i couldnt count on both my hands the about of herniated disks ALONE in offline user v user play.

Does anyone know of any online franchises that have finished the first season with the injuries turned on. Would be useful information. Im gonna take a look around TF to see if any here

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Injuries for the first week werent nearly as bad as i expected, hopefully i am gonna be benching CJ for nothing lol