State of the League Address: Season 1, Week 1

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by RynoAid, Aug 28, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

State of the League Address: Season 1, Week 1

Welcome to TMFL...

You know all year we talked about how great it would be if Madden rolled out Online Franchise and all the hardcore members from the Tradition Leagues (there was only 4 leagues for a while) could all pile into one online franchise and slug it out every week with user games.

Well, it has happened, we are on the cusp of kicking off what i feel will be THE BEST franchise - anywhere- on the net. I know alot of people say that in there marketing posts on Operation Sports or on EA's site... but how many can truely back it up with 32 dedicated, cooperative and competetive guys burning to play their games every night after the wife pisses them off so bad they lock themselves in their mancaves....? (oops.. maybe thats just me)

I think we all realize that we can say that here... like Al Pacino once said in a favorite speech of mine " I think if you look around, your gonna see a guy who will fight for that inch"...

This league is what we make of it... treat it with respect, follow the rules, treat each other as colleagues not enemies, this thing could be the best league i've ever been a part of.

So on that note... take care of your business... communicate with each other... sometimes things will happen and you will have to miss a game, that's just life in an online Madden league. Just deal.

a little housework..

1. Advances - Hard advances SAT: 12am WED: 12am (these could be 8am the next morning but there is no guarentee either way)

2. Scheduling - You are to define a set game time within 24 hours of the week advance via the forum scheduling threads. This is the only way i know how to track who is responsible for the inability to get the game in so that i can allow the other owner to play the CPU.

3. Gameplay - It is paramount that you respect the intent of the rules and treat your opponent better than you expect to be treated. Nobody wants to play a jackass week in and week out... word will get around and we don't have room for that type of thing on this ship. This isn't NCAA where you only play 3-5 user games a season.. you have 16 of the puppies, make sure your playing with simulation in mind.

4. Forum Activity - I expect all owners to pull their weight in the forums. Game summaries are required to be posted by the winning coach... it doesn't have to be shakespear or the length of a novel... any ole drivel will do..but do it... Loser should reply in good sportsmanship.

5. Issue Resolution - If you have an issue with anything.. do not post about in the forums. PM your conference president... Hellisan for the NFC, NYJuggalo for the AFC.. FLAMING ANOTHER OWNER ON THE BOARD WILL NOT BE TOLERATED .. just don't even go there, PM your leadership team.

6. Quitting - If you get frustrated/angry and pull the plug during a game you are open to expulsion for TF... it's the cardinal sin of any of my online leagues. Finish the game, deal with it afterwards.

7. Website - www.traditionfootball.com/tmfl I will be getting logins for those that have show interest. Also a little tutorial on how to do things in wordpress. Also, if anyone want to right a weekly article or vegas picks or contribute content in any way outside of blogging for your team.. let me know.. i can facilitate that similar to how i will do the power rankings on the front page. I can give you a little section on the site.

Anyways... Good luck Kickoff 6pm EST Saturday night.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice!

Lay down the law Ryno.......now lets get this things rolling!!!!!!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

And make sure you play your games or a certain someone will be on your azz!!!

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im fired up!!

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

evidently need to post this reminder after WEEK 1????? wow... EVERYONE better read and understand... next time it happens, it will be automatic expulsion.

(of course this does not apply to technical malfunctions, that goes without saying)

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I just seen who quit. Ryno does this mean the person is kicked out of all things TF?

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ryno is figuring out what we need to do about it. There is more to the story than a straight quit. But I think it best we all just let it die rather than make it into a public issue. And everyone, adhere to the rules !

10. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

What is the protocol on disconnects? I know DJ and I had one yesterday, and JK and Kinger had one this morning. I know we both saw the screen that said the other opponent left, well neither one of us left because we could see on the GT cards we hadn't. Our happened going into the 4th, and i was down 4, but it was anybody's game so we replayed it. Just use our best judgement, and whatever we agree upon is fine, or is there a set standard we want to use? Just want to clarify before we get too deep into the season.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah, pretty much, if it's a close game/wasn't decided yet, I would go ahead and replay it...assuming it was a geniune disconnect, not someone quitting out.

If the game drops and it was pretty much decided (say up 17 pts with 2 mins to play), if it allows 1 person to finish vs cpu, finish out, and keep the result the way it should be. If it doesn't allow either person to finish vs. cpu, but the game is decided (like Kinger/Khallis), let me and Ryno know. I'm not sure if there is a way to sim it to get the correct result, but Ryno can make one of the guys cpu controlled so the person who won can beat the cpu.