State of the League address

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jamie, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Mar 27, 2012
    So, I'm assuming that this is the end of the line for the 4th Horseman. Considering there has not been a post of any kind since Friday and no advance since then as well.

For whatever reason, I think the start over took steam out of the league. Not sure why. For my part, I could not be as active because of the second job.

I do know that for a while it seemed like we had a lack of advances. Not sure why. Maybe to allow for people to get their games in. Maybe busy. Not sure.

I really don't know what else to write. I wish this wasn't the end. I greatly enjoyed this league. But if this is the end, it was a pleasure playing with you all. We had a great league going. Of course, with this being the last NCAA game ever made (to our knowledge anyway); who's to say we can not keep it going?

See ya in the next life!
  2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Oct 31, 2011
    qclassic 22
    GMONEY 15
    publik drunk

Okay, so here's the deal......

My xbox360 is broken. My 8 month old son opened the tray and then grabbed and yanked it while my wife was (not) watching him. Now the tray won't close. I'm sure if I rip the thing apart I can fix it or I can sent it to microsoft and they will fix it for $0-100 depending on whether or not they think it is under warranty. After it broke, my wife said, "maybe instead of fixing it we can just trade it and the PS3 in and get you an Xbox One for Christmas."

I had intended on getting an Xbox One next summer, but at this point the timing of my 360 breaking is just terrible. I was going to advance from the wire through the offseason, then I realized that I can't make schedules on the wire, so I have been holding off for the last week or so trying to figure out what to do next.

To answer a couple of Jamie's points.

The slower advances as the season wore on have been mostly due to allowing people time to get games in. Additionally, unlike previous seasons, every user game went the full 72 hours where last season we seemed to have a lot of 24-48 hour user weeks.

Also, the damn XP glitch that was supposed to be fixed is still broken and is a league killer in my opinion.

NCAA is my favorite game and if my 360 worked I would continue to run this league even if there were only a few of us still in it.

At this point I am out. I will advance us one time past bowl games and then if anyone wants to rehost and keep this thing going they are welcome to do so.

Thanks for a great run, especially to those of you who were here for most/all of the '13 cycle. We had some great times.
  3. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Nov 24, 2011

Great job of running this league bro. I HAD A BLAST in NCAA 13. Good group of guys in NCAA 13. Too bad about your XBOX 360 as I know it's killing you inside not to be able to play.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

May 24, 2012
    Thanks Wyrmreaver for allowing me to play with you guys. It was healthy competition here and I enjoyed it. I think this league made me a better player
    • Like Like x 1