State Of The League: Road 2 Canton

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by Kasper, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well, we survived season 1 and are still mostly alive. I know our inaugural season was a bit bumpy dealing with newbies not understanding basic fundamentals of TSO such as scheduling, along with even TSO "vets" struggling with things that should be pretty basic to understand.

But, as I mentioned, we are still here and moving along. Now, that said I would like to ask you guys some questions, along with get some general feedback. Answer the following as best you can, and bring up any points you would like the group to discuss.

1) What do we need to do for the league to fill more immersive?

2) What is your favorite thing about the league?

3) What is your least favorite thing about the league?

Please bring up other points of concern/praise - I want this discussion to be an open book.

AFC WEST
    Denver Broncos -
    Kansas City Chiefs - Jeffrey Hartle
    Oakland Raiders - Hitmhrd72
    San Diego Chargers - gian

AFC SOUTH
    Houston Texans - CamInMyMind1350
    Indianapolis Colts - Julius Young
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Danthraxxx
    Tennessee Titans -

AFC EAST
    Buffalo Bills - PhiGuy179
    Miami Dolphins -
    New England Patriots -
    New York Jets -

AFC NORTH
    Baltimore Ravens - Mogriffjr
    Cincinnati Bengals - CTfromDC
    Cleveland Browns - Kasper
    Pittsburgh Steelers -

NFC WEST
    Arizona Cardinals - Jon Jon Anderson
    San Francisco 49ers -
    Seattle Seahawks - Blackattack87
    St. Louis Rams -

NFC SOUTH
    Atlanta Falcons - broth262
    Carolina Panthers - krtgolfing
    New Orleans Saints - wkward83
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

NFC EAST
    Dallas Cowboys - bringbackjimmy
    New York Giants - dablakpope
    Philadelphia Eagles - GovernedSpy
    Washington Redskins - Kevin Gomez

NFC NORTH
    Chicago Bears - guitarDADDY1208
    Detroit Lions -
    Green Bay Packers - coltronsauce
    Minnesota Vikings - RyanC

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

1. We need way more content, even if it is as little as a short game summary after each game. Also streaming on Medium/Low quality works fairly well even with meh internet so there should be a link to the game on twitch/condensed highlights for almost every game imo.

2. Honestly everybody I played was fun minus one game(who isn't in the league anymore anyways), even though I get a little in game rage no matter haha. Plus me and coltronsauce seem to be livening up this Pack/Vikes rivalry

3. Damn facemask penalties and roughings driving me crazy lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1.we have a lot of open spots. if it seems to be running dry on good users we should probably get PhiGuy179 to move over to the nfc west that way we have 3 per in every division and just stick with that.

I know we got a chat and people should be using that, but i think we had a lot more banter going on with group me.. I am not saying use group me because i personally hated the app as it was annoying to use(skype is much better IMO). i just think we need to get more topics in the chat and get people interacting that way. I have also stated cell phones which gets knocked down, but every league i have been apart of that has been successful i had #'s. more ways to interact(schedule/trade) i feel is better. Not saying everybody has to i just think more options makes things easier.
    Content- Power rankings, rookie watch, weekly pickem. The problem with content though is ppl only want to do it if people are going to look at it. maybe we could get a 3 man team for a quarterly podcast to go over league topics like hot/cold players teams on the rise teams on the fall.

2. The pace of M/W/F is great, the base members are good and fun to play with.

3.rouging the passer penalty. Seeing people not trying to schedule and cpu games being simmed(esp. on weekend weeks).. Sadly i think ppl feel losing to the cpu will hurt their man card so would rather take a 50/50 chance on a sim. there should be some repercussion for teams simming cpu and teams not scheduling.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'd be in on a podcast idea. Would be fun

5. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

1. More content would be nice.

2. I love this league I dropped all other leagues for it and im not mad about that at all.

3. No major issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Just arrived in league I know but from time on tmfl etc there is plenty we can do guys to get things going. Podcast good idea always fun to hear and take part in .

Other things such as content should be a no brainer for things like match summaries, power rankings, draft preview/reviews. Could do roster summaries start of each season predicting how you will do etc.

Personally no problem streaming games with a 130mbps connection no excuse for me lol. Be good to see chat going on the site sure we will get there good bunch of guys

7. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

1. I saw some ideas about power rankings and records. I like those ideas. We can assign some "jobs" to certain people who have time and want to do write ups about the league. Id be interested in doing top ten power rankings every Week and doing little write ups on each time.

2. Been having a good time. Love the Vikings rivalry. Hope the new bears guy sticks around and hope we get a good lions coach. The pacing is great too. Have one league that is only advancing once a week and it's tough lol.

3. I have no major gripes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm going yo try to reply to everyone- I feel a commish should do such a thing.

1) Content is up to you guys as much as anyone. You get out of a league what you put into it. I know this is a "2nd League", for a lot of you guys, but if we need to let's brain storm what we can do content wise- there are a lot of things out there.

2) Good to hear- hopefully we can get a couple more users for you guys up there.

3) I havent' seen facemasks too bad yet (couple a game tops). Roughing has been put back to 50.

EDIT:
    See my point #1 Stephen.

EDIT 2:
    My original post especially applied to you too with your #2 mention, haha.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

As would I- broth262 has experience doing it if we had questions.

10. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Yes, have done numerous podcasts, and I'm happy to help anyway I can.

Also with regards to playing CPU, I just don't enjoy it. Would take the guaranteed lose over trying it, just too frustrating for me.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) I think we can fill this thing out slowly. I'm not ready to make anyone leave their divisions yet.

I really thing the forum chat could be used more and be an effective tool for us. If your online and have time to chat, pop in and say hello- see who responds.

2) I agree, our pace is pretty good. Regarding content, as I mentioned about Ryan's post: we get out what we put into this league. Don't talk about content, be the one to start it man!

3) Again, roughing is set back to 50 :D I have no problem with someone leaving a CPU game to sim- I have a hard time getting into it if I am playing CPU.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I look forward to you hopefully injecting some energy around here. You have experience on TSO so be a leader like the other guys that know how this site works.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Anyone lookomg for a slightly younger poss. Wr I have mike williams otb for cheap. Also cj spiller is on the block if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I'd be open to help do podcasts. Other than that look forward to this 2nd season.

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

You guys dont have each others phone numbers?? yowza

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Chat box doesn't work well for an interactive leagues unless you're sitting a PC all day. Having the mobile app was much more convenient IMO, as you could switch from all your leagues at the hit of a button. I think once the decision to leave groupme was made, it took a piece of the league with it for me anyways. There is a bare bones amount of content, but I can't say much, I haven't contributed. This is my second league, and really haven't thrown myself into it as I do with the Q. Can try to add some more this season if I'm around.

I like my team.

Lack of understanding how to schedule, and not playing users. Not into playing CPU, the reason I joined was to play ppl to get work in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jeffrey Hartle

Jeffrey Hartle Walk On

I really liked the league. This was my first TSO league so Ive been tickled to finally be in a Franchise Mode that could move as efficient as this one has.

My only suggestion, or what I would like is someway we could communicate more effectively. I really appreciated GroupMe. I get that was not liked, but it at least gave me a quick avenue to communicate on my mobile phone. I of course say this as someone that is still getting used to the TSO message board layout and how it functions.

As for providing extra content. I will try my best to do that in Season 2. That part of these leagues seems extremely cool. Having a working schedule makes it difficult, but now that I understand how this league operates. I plan on delegating some extra time to doing some extra content.

Basically my one suggestion for improvement is a way for better universal communication (i can get used to TSO though) and suggestion for myself would be provide more extra content. If there is anything else you feel I should do, please let me know.

-Jeff

• Like Like x 3
  18. Julius Young

Julius Young Walk On

I think we should add the YiM like the Q does for like trades and scheduling

I like my team and there are some cool people in this league

I didnt like how we went through the playoffs real quick i think we couldve took our time on the playoffs because i didnt want to go out like that losing to the raiders on a sim (no offense) i know i shouldve played in the alotted amount of time but i couldnt play around his time
    and i dont like madden how most people can run the ball on me but i cant get any yards rushing lol

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not the place for this :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We are not HK- the point of not exchanging phone numbers is to get guys to understand that they need to schedule and do things here on the site. I don't want to start a debate about it, but that is the reason we aren't doing that.

I don't understand - anything done via text can be done via the site once you utilize Tapatalk as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) Is the chat function that inconvenient for you guys? I understand the convenience of an "app", but just bookmarking our forum gives pretty darn quick access to the chat box.

Is it a lack of "speed" for private conversations?

2) Good- I agree, we have some fun people in this league.

3) In the future, let me know you need extra time. For the playoffs, if someone can tell me they can get the game in the day after we are scheduled to advance, I likely wouldn't mind waiting.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

See my #1 to Julius above this post ^

3) I am doing what I can to fill this league with quality people- I know you know that though.

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

You should be HK :D

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ok, I will get right on that. I don't understand if you just came into this thread to fuck with me or what? :confused:

25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

No you disliked me and got a little defensive. I was actually going to reply and offer some advice.