State of the league

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by bravejaf, Aug 12, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

_MG_
    xGRIDIRONxGURUx
    BigJim11
    gnittio
    cadepetty247
    G_T_G
    ElectrifiedZombies
    CTfromDC
    boil16

We are about to be down 2 users in the ACC as BayouChef and Hoodlum are leaving the league due to various reasons. We are also having trouble with the file that is affecting different users.

1) _MG_ is not getting experience points for his coach. He has tried retiring and creating a coach but it does not appear this fixed the issue.

2) xGRIDIRONxGURUx is having trouble with certain playbooks. This causes the game to freeze when he faces other users.

3) ElectrifiedZombies and boil16 are having issues with playing user games. They both retired from league but this created a different issue as they both lost coach experience points.

At this point it looks like the only way to fix #1 may be a complete reboot, but there is a slim possibility the issue may be fixed at Coach Carousel. For #3 the problem may be fixed if I retire the file and rehost from the save file, but I have not tried this with this year's game. Please share your thoughts/suggestions on these issues. The advance will likely be delayed till we have a consensus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boil16

boil16 Walk On

I'm not a big fan of restarting the entire dynasty, I'll manage with my new level 1 coach if needed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Phuck!!!:banghead::facepalm:

This is season 1 and already the shenanigans? Pretty much half the league is having some issue or another...

I hate to do it, bcuz I put time and effort into trying to create a team and experience in this league for my Tigers. But it wouldn't be fair to continue on the way we currently are if ppl arent gaining xp, and playbooks fucking up connections...I guess my vote is to restart...I say that we finish out this season though, at least give Miami and Nebraska a chance to play for the National Championship...What happens if this happens again though is my question, meaning, is it a known issue by EA, is there a plan for a patch in the works. With Madden dropping, interests in NCAA starts to fade pretty quickly, just wanna make sure that we aren't restarting just to have others quit the league in a week or two...I say start recruiting more guys and get a wait list going if possible, or just drop the number of users down to 10 and run it like that.

End rant. As always, I go with what the league decides.(y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'd be ok with restarting but, honestly, playing the same exact schedule over would be boring to me. I'd rather switch teams or go to different conferences if we are starting over.

But nothing is guaranteed to fix if we do start over so that is risky.

I think finishing out the season should be the first priority then move on from there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

I dont care what we do... but for the love of GOD please allow custom playbooks... I have been in 3 OD's besides this one and had zero issues in now 8 user games... I love it here and the guys here are cool no pricks to deal with... I am down with whatever just hope you allow that with the expectation that we all know what this site is... SIM... that is my plea... :stepping down from my soapbox:

6. ElectrifiedZombies

ElectrifiedZombies Walk On

I'd say restart, but like GTG said switch up the teams we play with cause I don't wanna play same teams all over again and with the same team in season one, so if there is a restart I say we switch conferences

7. ElectrifiedZombies

plus I like to finish out the season but last week I couldn't play my game which was bs cause it keep freezing and this week I have yet to play my game cause my opponent is M.I.A. so its whatever at this point just starting to get a little frustrated......

8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

and also if there is a crazy chance you would allow CPB, i am all for a restart and new conferences, that way i can have a go at some of the users i have faced so far, and others... will make for a better battle

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I am not gonna go ahead and say restart the league, although I wouldn't mind LOL.

You guys have all put the time and work in already. However, if there is no fix and I can't figure out how to level my coach, I am probably gonna retire for good. I am just losing motivation by the week as you all advance your coaching tree and I am stuck on level 1 blindly recruiting because I can't scout, having my players play at a disadvantage in user games. Sucky situation.

I am going to set myself on auto until I find a resolution so users can go ahead and play me whenever they like, DAMN IT EA!

• Like Like x 1
  10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I'm against restarting unless we go to other conferences bc I'd would lose interest starting over

• Like Like x 2
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

If we do restart, then I would ask for a pick whatever team you want format...In my case, I could pick Bamma (dry heave)and still go 6 - 6, just a thought, to keep interest going, it's wayyyyy to early to be having these discussions, trying to be optimistic but I aint liking the tone

12. ElectrifiedZombies

if we restart there has to be new teams or it will be boring

13. boil16

boil16 Walk On

How about the players with issues retire and we advance the week then rejoin? Possibly clear some things up?

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Our best option at this point may be to retire the file after the advance, then reboot from the post-advance saved file. Best case scenario would be that all problems are fixed, worst case scenario is that everyone is bumped down to level 1 coaches and progression doesn't work. We would still be able to play out the season in the worst case scenario, but a reboot would likely be required if the progression issue is not fixed at the start of season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ElectrifiedZombies

I say just let NEB Vs. Miami play it out then we just vote if we want to continue with these teams or just start over and completely change teams

16. Drunk

Drunk Walk On

Are there any available spots for this league?

17. ElectrifiedZombies

this league isn't really around anymore