State of the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Alright guys, if you haven't noticed by now, we have had a few guys leave us rather recently. I am looking to keep this thing going, but can't do it alone. We need to be adding content and playing our games rapidly. I will be cutting the strings on some that aren't doing that. I have posted in the New Member Lounge to refill this up. If you guys aren't interested in this league, leave. I don't want to have guys here that don't wanna be here. Nobody is forcing you. These things tend to happen this time of year. We are looking to advance hopefully tonight. I would like to fill it back up to a majority before advancing, but I want to keep it going. So looking at advancing tonight, if you can, please get your games in if you haven't already done so. If you need more time....remember....post in the scheduling thread.

2. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I feel you commish I have been laying low recently but I work in shipping/receiving for a mail order company that will be crazy busy till end of next week, been only 2 months (and after I first joined TF) since I have become a single dad of a 10 year old daughter who thinks she's 25...and dealing with the holidays. Not making excuses but I plan to step up my game once the Christmas rush eases a little, but I am here and committed to this OD

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I've grown up with a sister who thinks she's 25. Does that count

4. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

I posted this in "It's been fun" Thread:

"I know I ain't the most involved with content. I'll be honest I have never added content to a league. I think we need communication, flexibility, and consistency first. I will try the content thing but I'll be honest I am not computer savy like some of you. I play games and will communicate that's old school. I mean I have given a summary of the games I play. Lately very short.... I'm still adapting to content side of an online league. I think we readjusted our league to have more user games when we really didn't have long time users and dedication. To me dedication is when you play the games and communicate. With being an older league guys are going to struggle to make the league a main priority. Especially when they have a family. I don't have kids or a wife but I do have a girlfriend and a full-time job as a counselor working with kids at home and school. Its craziness but I have almost always played a game in 2 days. But this ain't like have a family or being a single dad. If I'm unsure I let my rival (the guy I can't beat) know through text. But I try. We may need to consider spreading out in the conferences like we did before if we don't have veteran members. Less user games I mean. This sucks but if we don't have communication people are going get bored. Content is cool looking but if we don't have communication to set game times then we are lost. Content or not. I don't know just an idea. All I know is I am on and have not seen Toobac. I posted something on this board yesterday and I don't see a response from him. Not much I can do but wait. Even sent out a friend's request. This league has been great from the beginning. Running an online league is tough. You either got guys bitching or guys that just leave the picture usually (thankfully we have not had to much of either of these). Cimmy and Paw we are the original members who have kept with it (May have missed someone else). You two have done great...running 12 guys on the same path is rough."

League hype is definitely down.....for all of us I think.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

@Bkhogfan51....you've already dropped the league hahaha

@quietstrm and @mikedredd I understand guys have lives and I am not asking for this to be the first thing they think about everyday or something they should put infront of family, friends, and work. Just asking for some content. It doesn't need to be flashy. Just simple write ups, just so we know what is going on.

Toobac has been removed from the league for his failure to communicate. I am getting online right now to remove him, so quiet you can play your game.

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

@Cimmy24

I was just laughing at the 10 year old 25 thing. You big ole jerk lol

7. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

I'm playing now. School is off so I'm doing paperwork at home. But I'll get on right now and play. Thanks.

8. Abikis2

Abikis2 Walk On

I didnt realize we had to do write up summaries of our games. I will look into that. My internet went out for a few days as I posted today in the scheduling thread. I went out and bought a sprint modem which seems to be a lot more reliable. As i explained in the other thread my avatar is of the final score when i lost conn to the access point.