State of the League

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Shaun Mason, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    @BakerWildcat7
    @T Bird8239
    @mboda
    @JOEDESIGNS
    @IrishBearcat

Guys,

Joe has been in constant contact trying to make sure you guys stay together. Since it is very hard for me to justify having a dyansty here with only 4 members, I tried to come up with a solution that can keep you guys together and somehow fill the dynasty.

One of our current members, Elkpride (Now IrishBearcat), also contacted about brining some folks over from a dynasty he has long hosted. They currently have 6 members going strong.

You see where this is going.

So, what I intend to do is give The Hurt Locker space to Elkpride to bring his dynasty over. He has graciously offered you guys a spot in his dynasty. I will let you guys work out format and such. I think with at least 10 good members you will be in a good spot to grow into a solid dynasty here at TSO.

What I need you to do is tell Elkpride if you are interested here, as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
    Shaun

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

<------I am interested! BACK TO FOOTBALL THANK GOD!!!!

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Hey guys, I'm excited to meet all of you who are interested!

We're currently in week 9 of the 2013 season. This OD was started over Christmas, so that gives you an idea of how fast we advance. The advance pace is the one thing that separates us from most other OD. We usually advance around every 24 hours, and have an advance max of 48 hours.

We are rolling with 5 (and will add a 6th member, a friend of mine) after this season all in the Mountain West Conference. If we only get interest from 3 of you guys here, then the numbers work out well as there are only 9 MWC teams. If we have 4 or more, what I am thinking of doing is putting you guys in another non-bcs conference (WAC perhaps, thought MWC and WAC would be cool as they're similar team caliber level). We'll wait and see what type of interest we get here first.

We wouldn't add you guys until the offseason (2014). I'm projecting us to be there by sometime late next week (Friday/Saturday-ish).

Here is a link to our current forum, you can check out the rules and see how we've been doing things and make an assessment. What we've struggled to do is maintain quality members beyond our "core 5" who have been rolling with us since NCAA 09.

I'm looking forward to meet all of you guys, no rush as you have around a week to figure out what you'd like to do. I'll keep you guys posted!

Legendary Veterans OD Forum Link: http://www.digitalsportscene.com/forum/legendary-veterans-ncaa-football-11-online-dynasty/

4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'm down for sure!

5. IrishBearcat

Glad to hear, we'll wait to hear from the other guys as well. Is it just the four Shaun tagged in the original post, or are there possibly more?

6. IrishBearcat

I just finished doing some perusing to check out the history of this league, learn a little bit about it's member, and find out what may have led to its demise.

Before reading this, please do not take this as a shot at your league or the work any of the previous leaders did. It was easy to tell while reading you guys had a solid group who really cared about doing what it takes to keep the league alive. My theory is this league was in trouble once the exodus of the core group occurred. As I said above, our core group has been strong for the past 2+ years and is easily the reason Legendary Veterans has survived and flourished.

While I'm inexperienced in some areas, I can say being commish of a league for over 2 years I've learned a lot. It looks like you want through a similar cycle as we did. There was a time when we tried to get really specific and create a ton of rules and put forth extra work on our members, it didn't work out well similar to what it looks like happened here. Let me assure you we don't have a ton of rules, but a few specific ones that will be enjoyable. I'm never worried about new members getting the rules down.

WHAT HAS ME WORRIED: The commitment level of some of the members. I'm not pointing out any members who have already posted or anyone who hasn't posted specifically. I couldn't find the advance pace but it looks like this was a more "relaxed" advance pace. It's easier for members who aren't so committed to hide behind these long advancing times. I suggest all members who are considering joining this league to really consider if you can handle about 1 game per day. We advance at a pace where we expect most are members to get their games done in a 24 hour window, but understand everyday doesn't workout so that is why we have 48 hours maximum. We've been doing this for years and I can count on one hand the amount of times a user LITERALLY couldn't fit in a user or cpu game in 48 hours.

I just don't want your time wasted or our league's time wasted. Our members get grumpy when we take the full 48 hours to advance. Leagues are defined by their members, and the most successful ones have members who get their games in on time every week. If you can't handle it you will be weeded out fairly quickly, as the show must go on!

I apologize for the wall of text that resembles a lecture, but in our league's experience it's the biggest problem for new members. If you have any doubts, contact me or perhaps considering a slower paced league would be better. This league is for the players who hate waiting to advance and love fitting in 50 minutes of NCAA football in their daily schedule (at times, every other) into their schedule.

Alrighty I'm finished guys, I'll keep you posted :)

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    He told you!

LVOD rolls. There has been single days with 3 advances. Though I do think forum content can make a league more interesting, it all comes down to the games and having fun and moving things along. I try to keep things fun. I understand that I'm not gonna win every game but I will give anyone a great challenge. If I lose, I may be upset for a few minutes but I blow it off and get back to having fun and focus on the next opponent. I'm also addicted to stats so there are sporadically random fun facts.

It's not like we are starting over (I hope) but we are upgrading. And I am excited

8. IrishBearcat

LOL screw you! The gif is hilarious though :)

No we aren't starting over. We are going to include these guys and hopefully they like it and prove to be quality members so we improved our member base for '12.

Glad to see ya made over here alive too Oshio

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

alive? These guys love me over here already! Good memories.
    I got time today if you need to discuss anything. If not, I'll hop on AIM anyway if something comes up

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Nice to meet you new guys. @Elkpride, think you can give me a rundown of what teams might be available?

11. IrishBearcat

IF 3 or less of you guys are interested, and we decide to simply add you to the Mountain West Conference with us:

TCU, Wyoming, New Mexico

If 4+ are interested I'm thinking we put you guys in the WAC and we can have a few scheduled OOC user games between MWC & WAC.

I'm considering doing the other conference and simply looking for more members if it's 3 or less of you guys so we can eventually stock up to a full dozen. If we add you the highest member count we can have is 9 as there are only 9 teams in the MWC.

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Ok well I'll take the Frogs if thats ok.

13. IrishBearcat

Let's hold off on selecting teams. We're not even sure right now which conference you guys will be picking from. I'm thinking about doing a random draft for the new guys and the teams they want.

I wouldn't be too worried about being "behind the curve" unless you're wyoming. Most of us have struggled to even sign a top 90 class, with the best class any of us have signed ranking in the 50s I believe.

14. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

50's??!!

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wyoming's average class is about 15 one star players and maybe one 2 star.

We limit the number of players you can sign to the ammount of seniors you just lost, so most teams can only sign about 10-15 players and we dont bring in 5 stars so the class ranking is misleading

16. IrishBearcat

Yessir. The current users are Air Force, Utah, Colorado State, San Diego State, UNLV, & BYU. I landed my first four star this week in season 4!

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

great...starting in the basement huh?

18. IrishBearcat

If you're TCU or NM you'll be fine, Wyoming will be a much tougher job.

19. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

@Elkpride Got it. Staying away from Wyoming. Hopefully we'll be able to join you guys in the league soon.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I want to see some content out of you guys too.

21. IrishBearcat

Don't worry, our guys on our end need to be whipped into shape with in the content department as well. I have some ideas/plans to help get everyone on a better routine.

22. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Saw that coming a mile off. :D

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We do what we do.

The Deuce is the fastest league here and generates a shit ton of content. If we can be in Y11 already and still post, you guys can too.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

well if you need any help in the graphic department...just ask. The Hurt Locker logo in my name was designed by me.

25. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I swear Shaun you just lurk in the shadows. (y)