State of the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Mar 20, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    @Maxattax34
    @Riptides
    @uncleho
    @1ke
    @Elkpride
    @The Parrothead

Well, we've reached a point where activity has died down, people arel osing interest, and now we cant keep a full league. All the new people I have brought in have bailed which really pisses me off. They claim they have time for the league but quit citing lack of time. I'm done trying to bring new guys in for this version of the game. It's pretty much pointless. You guys will be the core of the league and I hope you will stick around for NCAA 12.

With only really 7 active members left does it make sense to shut it down? I'm down for continuing but it might really get annoying with all the CPU games. I want to know what you guys think.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

First off, let me say that I love this league. Was my first Tradition league and I really hope we can all keep playing together in '12.

I say we finish out this season and all join the sun belt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I'm fine if you don't want to find others for now since they were dropping like flies. I don't want to shut down though as this is my only league on TF at the moment. I think we should focus on stepping up our activity in here for the remaining seven since its clear that none of us have really been contributing even game summaries the last few weeks. I think that will at least breathe some life into this league if we can get us posting write ups again and maybe even some recruiting banter (as mine has gone terribly wrong so far).

Thoughts?

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I say we finish this season out and then all join the same conference and play a season or two. We could join a mid-major and start over. Just an idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I like this idea. All in 1 conference with a member count on the lower side is much more interesting. I think interest will peak if we all start from the same point as a lot of guys have joined up later in the game.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm down with this, too. Besides, my recruiting has sucked for Miami this season. lol. How do we pick squads/which conference?

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

random order

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Random, as in kind of like when you're online? :) Just playing.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

haha. yea when im available for a game. Im online all the time, just not available.

I just threw the restart out there almost as a joke, but if you guys are really interested I would be down to do that. I just dont want anyone else to jump ship.

yep, been reading it. I dont care if this OD is "premier" or not as long as we keep playing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's why I know the Premier League system has been failing.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think the restart thing would be cool at this point, as we've got a smaller group of guys that are getting their junk done. I know from time to time there are situations where your game has to be simmed or you need to be put on AP. Those things happen. Just don't like it when guys disappear from the map with no communication. That hurts the rest of us in terms of keeping things moving. With a smaller core for now, I think putting everyone in the same conference would make for some good times for the rest of NCAA 11. Maybe not, but I think it's worth a try.

I'm with you on whether this dynasty is premier or not. The core group that's been here have been good and fun to play against.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I've been reading the thread myself but haven't posted anything there. Hell, I'm only a page and a haf in. haha. May have been mentioned in there already, but the question I think is what do you really get for being premier. Is there anything additional that would make someone WANT to be premier? I think that's where the focus needs to lie. That's probably in the thread already, though. I just haven't reached that point. lol

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Valid question. What do YOU think you should get for being premier?

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

getting to play with our friends and having an equal voice in what goes on in the OD.
    sigs
    chatbox
    other site features like that are cool

Maybe more "real-life" prizes. More opportunities to win copies of games, or TF apparel.

Maybe TSO could have someone dedicated to putting together highlight videos for the premier leagues.

maybe intra-league tourneys for bragging rights, gear, sigs, or ''real-life'' prizes.

Im trying to think of what kind of tangible rewards we could give to premier members and its difficult.

Well, we still want to play together lol. thats something.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't mean the "stuff", I mean what do you need for it to mean something to be in a Premier league?

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Honestly, the reason I went to premier was because this league was. I liked playing in the dynasty with the other guys that were in it. Granted, a few left early on, so that sucked. But if we're answering honestly here, it was just to make sure I stayed in this league.

For what I think it should mean, I think it should mean that you're going to play against guys who play the right way, who stay on top of things in terms of communication and getting games played, and that people are somewhat active here. I know I've been guilty of not posting as much as I should at times (and it is extra tough during tax season, since I also have a side business preparing personal taxes to go along with being married with three kids), but I don't think the only times we should see people on the board are when they are complaining about something or solely to schedule their games. I get tired of watching games get simmed due to lack of communication (and I'm talking CPU games more than user games, as I think for the most part user games get played). I just want to be in a league with 12 people who enjoy playing the game the right way, and enjoy the competition with other members. I guess that's really what I'm looking for a premier league to be, in a nutshell. I realize this thread really isn't the place to post it all, so when I finish reading the other thread, I'll post my thoughts there.

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

For me, its Exclusivity! I mean, its a serious load of shit, when everytime I sign on the OD and it says a new note. HR as kicked so and so from the OD. So and so has joined the OD. Fuck that, we cant even keep a full 12? And were prem? Make it somehow mean something. Make it so HR doesnt have to find a new guy for the 11th and 12th spot in the league every week.

As far as the league. I dont know, i think Im done though. Ill finish this season strong as Im number 4 right now, and in a perfect spot to flay for a NC with a win over "da U". I think the idea of us being in the Sun Belt is actually really cool, but il know i would bog the OD down. Virginia had my heart. :(

Dont worry, i promise to be in a 12 OD with all of you. **tear**

Now would be a perfect time for Parrothead and Riptides to stop fucking around get Battlefield Bad Company 2 as its on sale cheap so we can shoot small children in their faces with big tanks and choppers! Hurry up fuckers!

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

i agree with you guys.there needs to be some kind of incentive to be premier. some non-content thing that makes outsiders say "Damn, I wish I was in a premier league" or "man, I have got to upgrade".

20. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I'd really like to apologize for all of the turnover, I wish I knew more about the guys that were brought in that 2 week later left us hanging, that really screwed things up around here.

21. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll chime in here since I was in it from August until recently.

I agree with a lot of 1KE said that it pretty much sucked that it seemed every week that HR was having to find someone new for what seemed like a rotating 3-4 spots. It made it difficult to schedule games when you were playing guys that had been around for a couple of weeks and didn't really weren't into the league.

Also the content was pretty much nonexistant which seems like that shouldn't be the case for a premier league and there was very little general discussion. A few guys seem to skate by without ever posting anything at all and those same guys seem to take 3-4 days to play CPU games.

22. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Then the question is why do we, as a league, let this start a trickle down effect to where we stop doing even the simplest of things? Such as game summaries, recruiting banter, ect... Why aren't we posting more so that when others join they know, by our example, that they should be doing these things as well? I am certainly guilty of this and just looking through the threads in here you can see we all are.

Being a Premiere League is all about user/user interaction on the forums which in turn will generate the desired content for the league.

23. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I guess just following the trend. I know when I joined very little was posted as far as content and I kind of just rolled with it. Part of it to me is playing so many monotonous CPU games that nobody else cares about. Hell I never even played some of the guys in this league in my 6+ months in it, what makes them remotely intrested in my CPU games?

24. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Restart all in same conference ftw!

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

HotRod I think you did a great job. I dont think you have to apologize at all.

I think the core members that have been here from the very beginning are the ones to blame myself included. @uncleho is right. The vets need to step it up again if this is going to be a premier league. Im going to limit myself to 2 ODs total in '12 and this will be one of them, so I might as well start giving it the attention it deserves now.

I officially move we all join the same conference after this season. Anyone really not want to do that? 1ke I know you love Virginia, but we all want that same love for our own little project-programs! I think if we all step it up a little and are playing in the same conf going after the same recruits it will bring back some of that intensity we had in '10.

If we ending doing this after this season:
    Should we start over a fresh OD? (fresh rosters)
    Or should we just jump to the sun belt in our original file?