State of the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

abolishthefed
    Fmode11
    uncleho
    Will Atkinson
    gwill
    NYJuggalo45
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    tmac6412
    dj illmatic 23

Guys have been dropping left and right due to different issues. Wick and RyanC are gone but I have already replaced them and the new guys will be joining soon so we are back to 12. If anyone wants to leave please leave now so you dont waste my time. Content and recruit posting will be required so leave if you do not want to do that either. This league will not fail on pace or content and I will make sure of that. Going through a rough patch with madden and everything else hitting NCAA leagues but we will get back on it here asap. Advancing tonight at 10 PM when I get a chance during the bears game.

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Did he pull an Urban Meyer?

4. Hova

yup

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Wow. And moon left in offseason huh

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Is there any chance we could make some adjustments to the settings? I prefer slow, but I know not everyone likes it. Playing on normal with default speed threshold is killing me. Receivers get zero seperation. I'm not sure how the origianl settings were decided on, but I figured I'd ask in case the guys who pushed for normal speed and default threshold were part of the group that bailed. Don't take this the wrong way. I committed to the OD, so I'm not going anywhere regardless of the settings. I just figured I'd ask.

7. Brandon S.

i would prefer the speed threshold be lower. More realistic. College football is all about speed.

8. Hova

Ive never messed with those. What is default and what happens when you lower it?

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

speed guys dominate, it makes the difference between speeds much bigger.

10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Slow gives you time to read defenses or when your running look for holes. Normal is just way to fast and arcadey in my opinion. On default speed threshold fast HB and WR are constantly caught from behind by DE or LB. Lowering the speed threshold increases the gap between faster and slower players when running. I wouldn't say speed guys dominate though. I won a title in Overdrive against a much faster FSU team.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  11. Hova

What is the default setting?

12. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The default settings are normal game speed and speed threshold of 50.

13. Brandon S.

On default, it is common for DEs to chase down much faster players such as WRs and what not. And the CBs that have ridiculous MCV stats that stick to WRs like glue can actually be burned in MCV if they are slow.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i know (speak to Helli alot), T1 has lowered it to like 20. And The deuce has lowered it too, not sure how much. I would say drop it to maybe 40 for 1 week and see what people think. Don't need to make a dramatic jump in 1 shot.

15. Hova

I will drop it to 40, but I have never been a fan of slow gameplay. Passing would be way to easy. Lets see how it goes on 40 if we need to drop it more we will but we dont want speed totally dominating

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This is very kind of y'all to make mention of all this AFTER Arkansas QB broke the single game passing record against me last night. Their WR were impossible to stop. I needed up losing the game but it was literally a hail mary fest for the last 4-5 possessions. I wasn't entirely sober, but I am glad that it was the speed that was really throwing me off as I'm using to slow. :eek:

17. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I am going to have to retire as well. Not leaving for Madden or anything, but with work and personal life I just can't keep up with the advance times and the required postings. I'd like to thank everyone for the fun games and a great league.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

wow, the Big 10 is fn cursed!

19. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Is all the Big 10 guys gone now?

20. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

No, we have 3 of 4, but the B1G is where most of the turnover has been.

21. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Ohio state open ???? I'd be there for life (y)

22. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm just throwing this out there for discussion, but what about finding a good set of All-American sliders? Heisman relys on attribute boosts to make the game more difficult, which means players don't play to their ratings. That is why you have 70 rated offensive lineman consistently blocking 90 rated defensive lineman, and other questionable things. Even on Heisman, the cpu usually only gives you a couple of good games a year. I would just like to see more balance in the cpu gameplay. I'm tired of getting 0 pressure and QB's trucking three or four guys on a play.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I've always played it at 17, I think 15-25 is the way to go to separate the guys with elite speed w/o it getting ridiculous. It'd be nice if EA could define elite speed per position rather than globally, DE 84+ spd = elite CB 94 + spd = elite.

I truly think Heisman as well as All Madden difficulty's are set up to put the CPU over the top in regard to AI, penalties, momentum - the whole nine. I think the SIM aspect of the game is thrown because of this, it forces user to play out of line at times i.e. stopping the no huddle, counteracting the CPU's strange situational play calling (all out blitzes, going for it on fourth down often.) IMO there might not be a fix for it, we're damned if we do damed if we don't

? If we drop the CPU accuracy will that prevent the super across the body 35 yard come back throws for the improbable completion on 3rd and 20 .... Worst part is I'm usually tackling the guy and it happens a few times a game.

24. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Here are a pretty good set of sliders I use for offline dynasties.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...mkharsh33-all-american-sliders-ncaa-13-a.html

It's an all-american set. If any of you want to try it on an exhibition, than that'd be great. Give us your input. Of course, you must play sim against the CPU, or you can cheeze them on any sliders.

I played a game with Ole Miss versus UTEP and won 28-18. I had "chew clock" on entire second half though. I was running between the tackles and not throwing out of shotgun everytime though