State of the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Alright, not going to beat around the bush here guys. I don't enjoy NCAA this year. Majority of my games feel like a chore compared to Madden which I actually get excited about. I don't know if I fucked up with the setup I chose, or if it is just the game this year (the turnover didn't help either, but that is basically a reflection of people's general lack of interest in this release).

So where do you guys stand right now? I figure if I step down and go with just Madden this year, that will likely be the end of the league because I would imagine Kapono, Phil, and possibly hornfan and BP would leave then too. Aaron, this league hasn't been nearly what it was last year, and I apologize for that as I sold you the idea that we were going to be one of the top non premiere leagues- honestly if we were like we were last year I feel that way- but not having folks like Redd, Qwon, Fuzzy, and hornfan for a while really made a huge difference.

Alas, if I pass the reins (to who that would be idk yet) who would still be here? I would help whoever I pass it to with recruiting new guys etc- but I wouldn't be an actual member. NCAA is just not doing it this year for me.

aarondramp , Philstyle3005 , hornfaninbama , Kapono , sreese , Jolts57 , BPHusker

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Eff it- idk where reese is, I tossed him from the dynasty online.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

No need to apologize, it happens. I won't stick around for this turnover. I could see it was headed this way and moved over to the Dirty Dozen. I thought recruiting wasn't easy with UConn...now I'm trying to do it with Dartmouth. Yikes.

If anyone else is interested, I think there may be a few slots left in there.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

They love us over there- right JQwon13 ?

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Also, I wasn't looking at this from a jump ship perspective- more of a who is willing to stick it out and be ready for the transition.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Go die.

But no I think we have a spot or two open right now.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nice to see ya pal

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'm torn. I genuinely like playing with the guys in this league. But NCAA sucks bad this year. I can't give it up simply because I haven't liked Madden in a long time, I can't tell you the last time I bought it. If this league is repopulated with new guys it may be hard for me to want to stick around. But I can't answer definitively. I do know if this league dies I'll probably stick with just 1 dynasty.

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

No comment >< I just joined so I don't really care either way. Had a couple good user vs user games though.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm fine with the league shutting down. I'm in 2 leagues now and it seems like I don't have as much time as I used to

11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I feel the same way. I love playing with you guys as we always seem to play really great games, but I think if you guys leave and get replacements, it won't be the same.

Is Delaware open? ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I was wrong earlier when I said Dartmouth. I am currently at Delaware, but if that's your team, and you want to come on board then I can switch.

JQwon13

13. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I don't know what I'm going to do yet. If this league gets shut down, I'd be open to trying to get into another league. I was in D12 when it started, but dropped out in Week 1 because I was in 3 leagues. Even if I was interested, they probably wouldn't let me rejoin.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You could try giving hand jobs under the table... If you were serious about re joining and would be more active on the board, I could get you back in...

15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I'm in Overdrive also---really solid league with great activity and content. You may want to check it out if this league goes under and you're looking for a non-premier.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hornfaninbama , aarondramp , Philstyle3005 , BPHusker , Jolts57 , Kapono

Alright, like I said- I am counting Reese out; haven't heard from him in a long time. I have a proposition for you 6 because I feel this group (while not a full 12) can have a lot of fun together. On top of that, I plan on continuing to work towards filling the league back up and promise to reccommit to the league. Aaron, I know you have been on the fence but I could really, really use you still here.

So my idea is simple- let's decide on a different setup and restart this thing. I am willing to admit that the setup we decided on has since turned out to be very "meh"- largely due to the turnover that we have had (IMO). I vote we head to a smaller conference ( I would like the Big 12 ), and also play on All American so we don't see the all the frsutrating/fake things that the CPU tends to do on Heisman. In my opinion, that is one of the things that ruined NCAA for me-- the constant 4 broken tackles in one play, my players doing weird things that keep me from being in position against the CPU; hell you guys know what I am talking about.

Like I said, I think the setup was not the best choice- but if I could have foreseen that we would lose some guys like Fuzzy, Hokie, and others I would not have went with this setup.

So let's here it guys- if some want out I understand, but hoping most of you guys stick around so we have something to build off. A restart worked great last year: Kapono (kinda of), BP, and Phil can attest to that. I think it is just what we need.

17. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I'm down for whatever but I think you're going to have trouble filling the league back up since so many people have madden fever.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right, that's why I want to get into a smaller conference where we won't be playing 4 conference CPU games every year. Throw us all into a conference without a CCG where we all play each other and I think it works out a lot better.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Pending who stays here- I have talked to a league about merging to get the full twelve. The stability should be there guys, don't swear that.

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Kasper I'd have no problem with restarting and going to the Big 12. I'd love to go to the big 12 personally.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Gee, I figured :rolleyes:

haha, good to know you're sticking with- need my OG's if we are going to get this thing back to good.

22. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Screw the Big 12! BOOOO! Just kidding.... Just some memories from that (shitty) conference. ;)

I'd be up for it. How would we be picking teams? Lottery?

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Depends on a number of things: who is here, if we bring in another league etc.. We could just take the group we have too. Just want to ere what people think of this first and we will go from there.

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kasper my time seems to be a little more limited this semester and now that actual football season has started, my free time on weekends is usually spent watching games. I would've continued going with this Big East dynasty because I wouldn't back out on a league that I started.

I do have to say though, since we are re-starting, I probably won't be able to stay interested in this league and AM as well as school and football season, so I'm going to have to drop with the restart.

25. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I would definitely stick around if we go Big XII.