State of the OMFL Address - Major Changes - Please read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

What's up OMFL. This is not going to be an easy post to make, but things happen in the life of a league and sometimes major leadership changes need to be made. People leave for different reasons and sometimes we just make the best choices that we can at the time. Doesn't many anything is forever, just the best for that moment.

Sadly those changes have taken place here in the OMFL.

The OMFL is going to be saying goodbye to several key board members, some from the league and others simply from the board, their ownership in the league will stay put.

Frisk. The one and only great guy here in the OMFL has decided that the OMFL simply isn't for him. Different reasons have played into his decisions and I am sure if you spoke with him yourself he will share what he wants. This will be a hurtful loss, but there are a ton of guys who wills step up, and in their own ways make this place rock. Frisk, straight from the horses mouth your a stand up guy, I am sorry for all the crap I put you through and you will be sorely missed.

Bluebean. Bluebean has been a stable factor with weak teams in his tenure here in the OMFL. I've played in several leagues with Blue and I must say, the dudes a class act. Blue is stepping down from the board and the OMFL due to personal reasons. He will, we hope, be able to re-join us again one day soon much like Steven and Moogle done last season. Blue, I'll miss ya man.

Dunlap. Dunlap has been a leader in the OMFL from day 1. He's been my co-commish and AFC rep for many many year. Dunlap reminds me of myself, a passionate guy who only wants the best. Much like me, we rub people wrong and say whats on our mind, not always the best thing. There are issues that do not need to be aired out here. Say what you want about the dude, he's had my back and he's been a leading force who has brought about many great changes to the OMFL. He's a true pioneer in my book. Dunlap is simply taking a break from the board and will stay as a owner and contributor in the OMFL.

With these above changes to our leadership here in the OMFL and some other changes that took place earlier in the year, we now have three open board member positions.

? - (League Media Rep - Game Scheduling, Game Scheduling, Media Commitments) - League Media Rep is over the Game scheduling, and is committed to continue getting a thread up each week, to give an update with what games are NOT scheduled or agreed upon. They are also committing to be over the Game summaries post. This simply means that each week they should have a post of what summaries are yet to be posted and he should keep track of guys who do not post a summary and turn that into the AFC/NFC rep each week so that maybe taken care of. League Media Rep also commits to making sure that those who have committed to articles and media are actually doing those articles and media each week or whatever was agreed to.

? - (League PR Rep - Conflict Resolution Ombudsman, Recruiter for OMFL ) - League PR Rep consist of Conflict Resolution Ombudsman, and recruiter for the OMFL. Ombudsman means that they are committing to making sure that all complaints are taken care of in a timely manner, and they are to stay in touch with commish and co-commish about all complaints and the process in which those complaints and owners are taken care of. They are in charge of all complaints and systems and owners in the OMFL. Their suggestion carries heavy weight, and should be a board member who can balance kindness, opportunity to fix issues, and keeping the OMFL clean. They League PR Rep will be responsible for the way all owners are delt with when needing to be corrected. NFC and AFC rep should receive the complaint along with co-commish, commish. The said parties will then discuss action to be taken and the AFC/NFC Rep will be notified with the process taken on the complaint and owner. League PR Rep should also make sure the OMFL is being published for everyone to know about our league. It is their job to make sure that all league openings are being posted and filled as fast as possible. They are to also make sure that the league waiting list is staying as full as possible, and to make sure that list is being stayed in touch with and those owners are still interested and around. They are to also notify these owners that the OMFL is a pay league, and make sure that new owners are handled by their AFC/NFC Rep in a timely manner.

? - (Free Agency Assistant, Cap Book Assistant) - FA and CapBook Assistant is committing to helping with in season and offseason Free Agency and CapBook. They will be overseen and even directed by Capbook Rep and FA Rep on what needs to be done. This position is committing to helping the Cap Book Rep with keeping track of team management threads and updating of cap book.

I'm sending out some messages to a few guys that I would like to see try and fill these open positions but we are also taking request. If you see a position here that you would like to fill, then I'm asking for you to contact me so that we can talk.

We have also decided to remove two non-board member positions and just add them to a board member position that is already here. Those are the newbie scrims, and the OMFL recruiter. Those two spots are no longer needed and those owners are no longer tied to those commitments.

Now let me get to the stuff that affects you:

You no longer are forced to give us any content. We tried it and it was a failure. So from this day forward the only content that you are forced to give us are game summaries when you win, game scheduling within two days of advance, and any content that you have committed to at the beginning of the year. We will have a Media rep who will watch over that content.

The rules book needs bad updating and fixing. It's my fault as commish for not having this done and for causing the issues we had last week. Please give me just a little more time and we'll get it done.

Offseason is almost upon us. We are tweaking a few small things to make it easier to understand, simple, realistic, and fun. Let's get excited the OMFL season 4 is wrapping up.

We will also have some kind of tournament going for non-playoff teams as we test weather to give ALL PRO a try or to stick with ALL MADDEN. I know this is a hot button topic, but we need to test it and see. Neither are perfect, we just need to pick the less of 2 evils.

We are a great set of owners. We are losing a few goodies, but we will survive. No scratch that, we won't survive we will flourish! This is the OMFL and we will continue to be humble, fix issues, have fun, and lead the way into what I feel is one of the, if not the, best madden ps3 league on the net.

If you have any questions or concerns please hit me up and lets talk!

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The commish is back. Long live the commish.

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Want help with anything let me know

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Damn Blue, You're my boy Blue,......(whispering) "you're my boy"

6. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Wow. Can't believe Frisk is leaving, was really good to play him twice this year in the North. It's always a shame to see good owners leaving.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Agreed, SRC.

8. natedawg212000

I totally agree. these are big hits.

9. natedawg212000

10. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

11. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Ide like to thank everyone who made this happen, my parents, my 3rd grade math teacher, and the all seeing-all knowing-all powerful commish Nate :).

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey, what about me?

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I only have 2 lips.... so I need to focus them squarely in the most advantagious place :). But I still ove you brother !! ;)

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Fair enough. LOL

15. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

This is a softball in every sense of the word. I'll let this one pass only because your a Raider fan and you still have to endure that walking zombie known as Al Davis.....

16. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I do have a question, what rules need to be tweaked and what types of complaints were out there? Im just curious? I only ask is that sometimes putting out the infraction (not who did it) makes people aware of a potential issue or flaw in the game.

17. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Couldn't of picked 3 better people myself. LONG LIVE THE OMFL!!!!!

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i miss the OMFL!!! one day i will play in this league again. mark my words. hope everything is going well for all of you guys(except gaddy);)! until im on these boards again.... peace!

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nice to hear from you again, man! Hope things are going okay?