State of the OMFL - Changes taking place

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 17, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

State of the OMFL - Changes taking place

Hey guys. The OMFL is well into our 2nd season and things are rolling right along. We have witnessed our own bumps in the road, and I take full responsibility for that. I've jumped to the conclusion on some rules, I've had to take some back, re-word some of them. I tried my very best to do my homework on the offseason and we thought we came up with a simple yet realistic plan that actually ended up sounding great on paper and not working out as well. We had some last moment changes and a draft that was as good as we possibly could pull off. Has it been perfect? By no stretch of the idea, but we are doing our very best here. We have guys who are putting in lots of time for podcast, rankings, and picks. You name it, we are trying it. Its an open door policy here and every owner has a voice. We have a board who help me with decisions so that it's not a one man show around here. There's no secret agenda other than making the best sim style online league out there. and giving us a place that we can all grow friendships, rivalries, and have a league that last years on end.

I think we have been pretty successful, but I am always trying to make us even better. We are going to apply some new changes around here to help me with the work load and help our board members with their work load. Life happens, and people get busy. Things change and people have to come and go, but the OMFL is here to stay.

First let me state that we are a cheese free, sim style league, as best as I possibly can make it. One look at my 2 PAGES OF RULES will show you that I mean business about cleaning it up. If a complaint if filed you are always given a verbal warning first and then several written warnings before we move to having you removed from our league. Everyone is given a fair shake at cleaning up their act.

The first major change really isn't that major, its more of just an official announcement. Our official co-commish is Winuvas. Winuvas is the one who is in control when I am not around and has the power to make the same decisions that I make around here.

Second we are taking a new look at our board and adjusting a few things to help some guys out who have become very busy in this season. Currently this is who is on our board:

Nate - I am in charge of simply overseeing the general function of the league. I step in when board members cant/don't do their jobs and I send out mass messages to keep the league flowing as best as possible. I am also responsible for advancing the league each week.

Winuvas - The co-commish of this league. He is in charge of overseeing the cap book. What I am adding to this also is it is his job to let me know when a person needs an official warning or possible other action if they are not taking care of their part with their cap book. Win also oversees podcast and Free agency as a help.

Jeremy - Oversees our free agency. He closes and edits post to show the winners after 24 hours have passed. Jeremy is responsible for letting me know when a player must be forced signed and is also responsible for overseeing duplicate threads and correct bidding formats are taking place.

Not assigned officially - The board right now is assigning someone to do this. This person is to oversee our game scheduling threads. He is to make a post each week with an update of when games are scheduled, played, and where they stand. It is his job to let me know when players need to be set to cpu or when games need to be simmed. Mustang will be trying this out and if it works out, he will be taking his board position back.

Dunlap - Seth is kinda a floater right now. He's job is to help us make decisions here and to step up and help where other board members fall short. Seth also takes care of our podcast each week and oversees that with winuvas.

Web - Web is also a floater right now. He has asked to be removed from his position but I told him to stay put for now. He doesn't have a specific job, but will fill in where needed.

Claven - Claven is overseeing our game summaries. Ever since taking that over they have improved 200%. Thats exactly what I am looking for and he does an amazing job with staying on top of that.

Cade has been relieved of his board position due to a extremely busy schedule for him right now. He simply doesn't have time to put into the board as required.

There are some other board members who have had an extremely busy life right now and some adjustments maybe made shortly, but as of now this is our board.

For me to continue to run things the way I need to run things we are making some inside changes.

1st - Our board members will be more actively pursuing you to do your part, and not just me. Our board members will be the ones messaging and pm'ing you to make sure you are getting your stuff done. If one of them come to me and ask me to do something, then I am taking their word for it and doing what they suggest. On our owners list is listed every board position and their jobs, so they are the ones you go to if you have a issue with something specific. If you can't get a resolution that you are looking for then you take the next steps, which will be explained later in this post.

2nd - We are adding a non-board member position (much like the one gaddy has) as a recruiter. We are currently discussing this with a member and will have this announced shortly. This person will be responsible for stirring interest for the OMFL in this community and other communities around the net. He will be responsible for showing them our rules, telling them of our schedule, and making sure they fill out our application and TF application properly.

3rd - We are setting up a trades committee. Currently I oversee all trades, but we will be setting up a committee of 3 board members who will vote on every trade that is done in the OMFL.

4th - We will be setting up a NFC and AFC representative. This is the person that ALL owners go to with issues. If the issue is major, then I or Winuvas will get involved, if its minor then the rep can handle it. If our current board members do not have the time or effort to do this then we may adjust our board and open it up to other members of the OMFL.

Last thing is not very fun for me to talk about. When theres a pile of poop in the room you have one of two options. Pick it up and make a mess, or leave it and leave a mess - either way its nasty. We have decided, mainly I have decided, to remove ownership of Ceezarr and Merks the Chiefs and Redskins owners respectively. Their styles of play simply did not match up with what we are trying to do here. I am tired of making up new rules for 1 or 2 owners and from here on out will simply boot those owners. We are a sim style league and I've heard too many times that there is a ton of cheese here. Look at our rules and you know what I am looking to make this league. Problem is I can't fix issues that I dont HEAR about. I also give everyone the chance to clean up their act. So before you, a good owner, leaves us over a bad experience, please give me the chance to help fix things. I need the good guys to stay, and the bad ones to leave.

I am excited about the future here. I think things are going to run smoothly and more efficiently. I am open to suggestions as your commish and I am not about making this a one man show. I do my best to give you guys my spare time and energy and I answer things very quickly. Clean up the game play if you have been warned or complained about. If you have a bad experience then let me know. Help me guys to make the OMFL one of the best as our very great past shows. It's you guys that make this a great league, not me!

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

bumping so this doesnt get buried.

3. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

good read. good to know who does what!!!

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nate

I'm purchasing a laptop tomorrow and am willing to help where needed. Pretty active person. Willing to do anything.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Nate, i know we have had our disagreements and agreements in the past, and i have been an ass a couple of times, but if you need someone to help out, just send a holler. Id be glad to help. If the recruiter doesnt work out or the board doesnt have the time to do the AFC/NFC rep, just send me a message on AOL.