State squeaks out a victory against Purdue

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Zetroc, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

This was a crazy game. Michigan State and Coach Z play Coach HotRod and his Purdue squad for the first time. "This was one of the most exciting games I've been involved in" - Coach Zetroc

1st Qtr

First play of the game Purdue throws a pick to FS Mcafee. Spartans are able to get down the field for a 37yrd FG from Peterson. MSU 3-0 Purdue gets the ball back and Michigan State's defense forces another interception, but this one was for 6 when MLB Collins finds a deflected ball in his hands. MSU 10-0 Coach HotRod settled in and marched the ball right down the field and scores at ease when Sanders find Brown for a nice TD. MSU 10-7

2nd Qtr

Both teams move the ball but didn't do much in the 2nd. Late in the Qtr State drives and finds a way to score when Reid find Thompson in the endzone for a 6yrd TD. MSU 17-7 Late in the qtr Reid makes a bad read on a pass and throws a pick. Purdue gets the ball back and marches down the field for a last second 48yrd FG from Murphy. MSU 17 Purdue 10 HALF

3rd Qtr

On the opening kickoff The Boilermakers force a fumble, pick it up and score! 17-17 MSU gets nothing going and punts. Purdue, with the momentum gets the ball and march with ease. Sanders finds Williams for a 46yrd TD. Purdue 24-17 At this point, it looked like a repeat of the Wisconsin game. Nothing was working for the Spartans. Maybe not. With a 2nd and long Reid calls an audible, gives the ball up the middle to backup RB John Brown. Brown follows his blocks and finds himself behind the defense. 85 yards later its 6 for MSU. 24-24

4th Qtr

The whole quarter was back and forth. MSU has the ball and notices Purdue keeps playing up. Coach Z calls for the bomb and Reid finds Mike Patterson for 66yrds. MSU 31-24 This is where it gets crazy. Purdue, of course scores with 17yrd TD from WR Dan Brown. 31-31 Spartans have the ball late and can possibly seal a victory, but Reid throws a stupid pick and gives it back. Coach HotRod makes a couple of plays and is the drivers seat to get a FG when FUMBLE! The Spartans get the ball with less than a minute. Reid finds a sprinting David Thompson on a flag route to get MSU in scoring position with less than 20 seconds. "I was contemplating just taking a knee and forcing an OT! kind of glad i didn't now" -Coach Zetroc
    Spartans call timeout for a game winning 28yrd FG.

MSU 34 PURDUE 31

gg HotRod. This was a crazy one. See ya next year.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that was a crazy game....very entertaining. Great win Zet.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Great Game. HotRod feelin the pressure to win 'em all. Has gone the way of the Blaza

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
  5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

LOLOL

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Rod is pissed....

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    not really, just an excuse to put up those gifs. i'm at the stage where i really don't get that mad about these games.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

cant wait to play you next season!!

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    @Zetroc

GG man, sorry I didn't respond yesterday, was chatting on justin.tv

11. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

its all good man, its just fun to be back in the realm of real, simulation football.... you guys are the best

• Like Like x 2