"stAte Weekly"

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HoundsOfHowl, Sep 13, 2012.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

[​IMG]
    "stAte Weekly"
    The official news source for the Arkansas State Red Wolves
    Welcome to the first edition of stAte Weekly, I will be doing pregame, post game, and misc. write ups following the Arkansas State Red Wolves in the Experience dynasty. (Really wanted to do this at NC State, but didn't have time.)​
    February 22nd was a huge day for Arkansas State, after coach Gus Malzahn left for undisclosed reasons, every still suspects recruiting violations or his crazy wife to be the blame, the Red Wolves hired NC State head coach, iBleedOrange, after finishing 17 - 9 in 2 seasons at NC State. But not only did this all happen quickly the Red Wolves were also invited into the ACC to replace Syracuse. The Red Wolves have dominated the Sun Belt for 3 years straight and many have stated that the ACC was too big of a jump, but after beating team after team of high caliber, this team may be able to compete in a BCS conference. With only a few weeks remaining will Arkansas State be able to compete or will they fall just shy of greatness? Arkansas State will open play with 7 straight conference games, before traveling to instate rival Arkansas.​
    2014 Red Wolves Schedule
    8/30 - @ Georgia Tech ( aarondramp )
    9/6 - Virginia ( dakota7 )
    9/13 - @ Wake Forest
    9/20 - NC State
    9/27 - Florida State ( Big Suge Knight )
    10/4 - Boston College**
    10/11 - @ Maryland ( LSUTRUTH )
    10/18 - @ Arkansas​
    10/25 - @ Clemson
    11/2 - Auburn
    BYE​
    11/15 - Houston ( niuhuskie224 )
    11/22 - @ Pittsuburgh
    BYE​
    BYE​
    Italics - Denotes Conference Game
    **Denotes Homecoming​
    BOLD - Home Game

• Like Like x 1
  2. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

[​IMG] Week 1 Preview #15[​IMG]
    The Arkansas State Red Wolves travel to Atlanta Georgia to take on the Yellowjackets of Georgia Tech aarondramp . The Yellowjackets come into today's game ranked #15 in the nation, and are the heavily favored team in the matchup. Arkansas State looks to continue the success they've had the past 3 season with their new head coach, iBleed, who is familiar with the ACC after coaching at NC State for the past 2 seasons carrying them to two consecutive bowl wins and a 17-9 record. We spoke to the head coach this week who says, " I am really excited to be coaching at my alma mater, and am very pleased with the team that I have here. We are going to look to bring a new style of play to the ACC and I really hope that changes the fate I've had my two previous years of missing out on the championship games. We have a tough road ahead, starting tonight we play 7 straight conference games, and not a one will be easy for us. We will just look to play and have fun, and hopefully come out 7-0 after the long stretch."​
    Predictions & Stats for Week 1
    Arkansas State l Georgia Tech
    Offense - B l B+ (y)
    Defense - C+ l B (y)
    Arkansas State Key Notes :
    All Time Record : 448 - 459 - 37​
    Bowl Record : 1 - 3 -1​
    Conference Titles : 4 (All Sun Belt)​
    Georgia Tech Key Notes :
    All Time Record : 707 - 470 - 43​
    Bowl Record : 24 - 18​
    Conference Championships : 3 (2009)​
    National Championships : 4 (1990)​
    Final Score : Arkansas State (24) Georgia Tech (34)

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm going to move this to game summaries bud.