Stats - HB's

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Guys, folks need to start watching the carries you are giving your starters. Going forward, I shouldn't be seeing things like a starter getting 35-40 carries in a CPU game that was never even in question. This has been an issue going back to year 1. Put in your backup occassionally.

Regarding stats in general, I'm going to be forming a bi-partisan committee that will review stats in games that I think are borderline. They will assist me in determining if penalties need to be levied.

You have been advised, feel free to ask questions if you like.

recchem2000
    Cheez
    gowazzucougs
    Jayrah
    Danthraxxx
    Corey Volting
    bucsfan047
    JFace907
    Colemanchu
    whygodwhy1111

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Does anyone know if the sub setting works this year? In 11 if you cranked up the subs for your HB to run a 2-3 back rotation, the first stringer would DISAPPEAR after a few times subbed out and was never seen again. I'd love to run a multiback system, but i'm greatly afraid of that bug resurfacing...

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

same concern here as well.... i dont know... ill run a practice game later and see how it works out.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I just use formation subs myself , I think it's possible once the patch comes and injuries are more relevant this will be a non factor. Maybe it will force some of you guys ( other than Cougs ) to pass some lol

I keeed I keeed ;)

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

why did you tag all of us? you could have p.m.'d Cheez to talk about this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dru50

Cheez was only the most recent offender, but nearly every one of you B1G guys were guilty of this once or more in seasons 1 and 2.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

im not worried about it, i always split carries. i could have won the heisman last year with white but monte ball ran for about 700-800 yards as a back up. this year i like my backs and should see a 3 man rotation.

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

No problem here. Season 1 I was afraid to pass, and had Edwin Baker. Now I like to pass, my starter shouldnt see more than 25 carries.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I don't think I was ever an offender on this personally ;) but I agree this should be adressed , if we threw to one WR 14 times a game cheese would be called

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

just a FYI - Taylor averaged 23 carries / game last season, and a little over 21 over the 2 years I had him. Yeah, in my game against Texas A&M this week I went high with Wilkerson, but I was still getting a feel for what it is like with a new back and somewhat new offensive line.

Also, in that game, Texas A&M was running the hurry up - and for the most part running it badly. So I was able to get more plays in during the first three quarters, because they only had the ball for around 5 minutes of the first half. That is going to result in more carries in general.

I put my subs in with 7 minutes to go after taking a 34-7 lead. I think that's fair.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i didnt read this but im just busting your balls man, personally i dont care how many yards other teams guys put up.

12. Dru50

Here's the issue - I do care about stats being out of whack. Part of it is due to the 8 minute quarters we are using, which is why I was leery originally to move from 7 to 8 minutes.

If guys can't self-police themselves and realize that putting up 250+ yards rushing or 350+ yards passing in a blowout win is incorrect, then I'll take care of it, either by suspending players or moving us back to 7 minute quarters. I'm not going to correct it by forcing jacked up sliders down everyone's throat, so this will be how it is monitored. I don't care if you put up 400 or even 500 yards rushing in a game, so long as it's not 90% of the carries to the starter.

Nobody should take this personally, it's something I've been looking at since the middle of season 1 and I hadn't brought it up because I wanted to see if it would correct itself. It hasn't and if anything got worse in season 2. I meant to post this discussion prior to the start of the season, but between the implosion of the original file and how late I had to stay up to do scheduling it never happened.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

again, not something i have to worry about. but bust them down hard

14. Cheez

15. Dru50

16. Cheez

hey man, he's not calling the plays :p

17. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

did some tinkering and that glitch appears to be fixed... first game the ratio between carries for starters and back up was 36:11 with 80out 81 in, second game first half i tried out 85 out 86 in and got 17:5 ...second half i bumped it up to 90-91 and got 12:6, keep in mind though that i wasnt really passing so that may diminish the touches of the 2 back... but i think if you supplement that with some formation subs it should come out pretty nice, and of course it depends on your backs stamina attributes as well.

Long story short, it works fine, for me anyways

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Am I wrong in thinking that its not the carries that are off, but the yards per carry? Cpu Dline needs a bump in rush defense if you ask me. WAY too many 200+ yard games. But most are on 18-25 carries which is perfectly avg for a starter. I split carries via form subs, so I won't need to worry about it.

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Maybe I just suck but my ypc is not that high, I assumed guys getting 1500 yards are work the HB like a Thailand hooker more Han running being too easy

20. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I have plenty of 2 and 3 yard runs. Plenty. I would rather not see a slider increase. I will run for 4 yards or less on every carry and maybe break one or two big ones per game.

21. Dru50

I'm not monkeying with sliders to fix it. I can't stand when the game plays light years differently in CPU vs user games. Guys can either split their carries more or I'll bump the quarter length back to 7 minutes to reduce the amount of plays in the game. Yards per carry and yards per completion are always higher for users because we know how to read defenses better than the CPU generally and how to read and hit the holes.

22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

fair enough