Stats of Interest

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 6, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Stats of Interest

I found some of this interesting if you consider some of the gameplay issues we have in NCAA 10. I think these are great indicators of what needs to be fixed for 2011.

I posted this over at EA's forum for feedback so that's why the wording is like it is.

These indicate some of the issues with gameplay. We just finished our 12 man online dynasty on AA settings w/7 minute quarters. Here's some of the weird stats.

User QB's
    8/12 are in the top 10 for rating.
    1/12 in top 10 for yards.
    7/12 in top 10 for completion percentage.
    12/12 in top 12 for average per completion. (why is the CPU so vulnerable to the long ball???)

User RB's
    4/12 in top 10 for yards.
    10/12 in top 10 for average yards per carry.
    8/12 in top 10 for yards after contact.
    10/12 in top 10 for rushes of 20+ yards.
    0/12 in top 10 for broken tackles???? How is this possible? No users are even close to the top.

User WR's (same issue as QBs)
    10/12 in top 10 for average yards per reception.
    0/12 in top 10 for yards after catch or yac avg. (how can they all lead on average but none are close to YAC lead?)

User O-line
    0/12 in top 10 for pancakes. (all of our lines have players 90+ and we dominate rushing so how is this possible?)

Defense
    Leaders for INT = 8 on the season.
    Leaders for pass deflections = 19. (shouldn't there be more than 2 times the amount of interceptions as pass breakups???)

These stats really indicate some of the issues with the game. Why is it so easy for users to get big plays in the passing and running games? This is in direct relation to the issue with why it's so easy to go the length of the field in under 30 seconds at the end of the half or game to get that FG or game winning TD. Kind of cheesy!

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Pretty sure most of these have to do with sliders.

3. GoGators

What would you suggest we change to get them more in line then? Our sliders aren't that far off from default. I was thinking about maybe using the OFFL E league sliders for next season. Perhaps Jello could let us know his opinion since he plays with them in that league.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was on my phone i couldn't expand on my thoughts like I wanted.

The o-line thing seems like an endless endeavor, you can't fix getting the pancake thing right.

The RB's, well I'm sure we have the RB ability lower correct? This is to offset how good we are in terms of running...so there's less of the user guys breaking tackles to get big runs and instead, you have to maximize getting your guy in space.

Deflections, well I believe most of us go for the INT more than the deflection. Though I've began to tinker with the setting to have my guys go for the swat more than the INT. You get beat more if you leave it aggressive. On normal, they just do what's right in the situation IMO. Since most of us are likely user guys, we definitely go for the INT more than the swat.

The WR thing, well...I assume most guys use the slant play to get most yardage...maybe a deep ball if they have a fast WR. Not much leeway in terms of getting YAC...and of course you know that animation where you get tripped us by the defender most of the time. That hurts too.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Pancakes are 100% caused by our sliders. I've played around with that in my offline dynasty.
    Column 1 Column 2
    User Run Blocking Setting Result
    <45 Practically 0 pancakes
    45 An occasional pancake
    50 You could have some All Conference lineman (which is based on pancake/sack ratio) and possibly All Americans if they're studs
    >50 Every All American will be user O-linemen

The QB efficiency isn't because users are too good, but because CPU simmed QBs are too bad. Sim a season and look @ just how many simmed QBs can't even complete 50% of their passes.

I wouldn't suggest changing sliders this late in the game. The E-league sliders definitely lend themselves to more CPU victories (which is a great thing) but they have their issues just like all other sliders (particularly way too many 200+ yard rushing CPU HBs and too many pancakes (someone had 50 pancakes against them in 1 game by an average CPU team)). That being said, to this date I still haven't lost to the CPU in the E-league (because I'm using a much better Michigan team than my UNC team) while this season, with these sliders, UNC lost their first CPU game in this OD.

6. GoGators

Thanks for the input MoGriff and Jello. In response to the defensive swats issue, those are actually general stats for the season, CPU stats. My point with that is the general programming of the game, there should be more pass breakups IMO. Not every poorly thrown ball should be an INT and yards should be tougher to come by in the passing game. I firmly believe it gets a bit cheesy when it's as easy to convert a 3rd and 12 as it is a 3rd and 6 with the passing game. I'd really like to see them address that.

As for the sliders, we currently have the RBA at 50 and the blocking lowered. We tried it this season but next season I think I'll reverse it and give the blocking ability back and lower the HB's slightly. I may reduce the CPU tackling but I think a small increase to the rush defense could help as well. No major changes, but I think some slight changes need to be made. Nothing bigger than one click though.