1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Stats & Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 10, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Stats & Scores

To everyone,

I don't want to seem like a dictator but things need to be addressed. I don't want anyone to feel like I am calling you out. I am simply trying to re-remind everyone that this is a sim style dynasty. We should be doing realistic things. If you get up by 21 or more points, you should be subbing and running out the clock. I don't think it's the sliders because I myself have a hard time running the ball. I think we need to concentrate more on sim stats than heisman races and awards. I myself am to blame for that as I started the heisman watch. I want people to have but I want you to play how this site has intended us to.

Just wondering, how or why everyone has so many rushing yards each week. Every time I look at stats from each game, people have 200-300 yards rushing. Are the run sliders too easy?

Feel free to voice your opinion, this is your dynasty.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I think they are. i average over 7 or 8 per carry every game. With a weak pass game my game is on the ground for the most part and averaging that a game makes it hard to not want to run the ball with a very weak passing game

3. controllerabuser

Right, I don't want people to shy away from what makes them win. I just want to get things straightened out. It seems like a lot of users rush for 7-8 yards per carry against the CPU. I will take a deeper look at the sliders again tonight.

4. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i try to be balanced as much as i can but i throw so many picks and have so many drops. I just think its way to easy to run right now. No disrespect to Green hope this dont make the papers but he isnt as great as his stats. I know When Charest comes in at qb the only chance anyone has to catch the ball is if the waterboy wears a uniform its that ugly

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I personally don't think it is too easy to run on the CPU. I am averaging like 4 yards a carry. I know my HB blew up for 6 TDs against Auburn, but that was not my intension. On 3 or 4 occasions I completed pass plays to the 1 yard line and then punched it in. I certainly don't expect Wood to have crazy numbers like that again. Anyway, I'll do my best to monitor that stuff, but I am mixing things up.

6. controllerabuser

Bits, the 6 TD's thing is fine. The rushing yards tells the story, you just used him more strategically, I'm assuming inside the redzone instead of passing.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I notice the cpu has an easy time intercepting my passes and their coverage is pretty tight 90% of the time. My last game the cpu picked me 4 times but dropped 6 of my passes that hit the defender in the chest. My qb accuracy rating is a 91 but soo many times I try to hit an open receiver, I'll end up throwing a duck or throw the worse pass ever. When I throw these passes pressure from the defense really does determine how often this happens, which is realistic to a point.

But then again I could just suck at passing and need practice on when to throw the ball.

Running is easier than passing but it's hard to break a 20+ yrd gain. Overall I think the sliders are fine and the only adjustments needed are that people need to sub more and take more time off the clock when up by 3 scores.

8. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

It might be a combination of the sliders and maybe people just wanting to boost stats. I personally don't think the run sliders are too easy, though.

9. NDCOLTS1979

I have alot of problems with passing. I think i have more ints than tds and maybe completions. I dont boost stats because if u look at all my games Ford gets near the same amount of carries as Green. They both average over 5 a carry.

10. NDCOLTS1979

Week 1

J. Green: 33 rushes 149yds 4 tds

Week 2

J. Green: 29 carries 191 yds 4 td
    J. Ford: 29 carries 126 yds

Week 3

J. Green 34 rushes 245yds 5 tds averaged 7.2 a carry
    J. Ford 31 rushes 183yds 2 tds averaged 5.9 a carry

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I feel the sliders are in a good place. I am slowly working better with the passing, and running has always been where I am better. In another dynasty, I am using a team that I am running quite a bit out of the 'gun,they are a spread offense, and it has changed my approach to running. Both under center and from the 'gun. I have become a better runner with it. If I were to look at last year with Hampton (92ovr, 92spd), I probably ran 60/40 to passing. This year with my receivers being better than my RB, I am still running the ball quite a bit, but the overall picture has probably slanted to 50/50 playcalling. Between Wegher/Brinson/King, I am averaging right at 5 yards a carry. Realistic for a solid running team with a solid offensive line.

As for passing, I have found myself reading the defense more pre-snap, both against the cpu and user. I seem to find where the cpu is blitzing from more often now, and also come to expect it on certain downs and certain situations from them. I have started calling run/pass audibles out of existing formation, and also hot routing more often. It has changed the passing game, and my consistency. I do have a beast at receiver in Davis, but I also have a good supporting role. This week against Purdue, he had 10 receptions, on 11 targets. But I also had 5 or 6 other guys with catches. Kuchel had 3 with a couple drops and an Int in front of him, and Keyes had 3 drops, and I believe 3 catches. So I do spread the ball around. There are just some games where certain guys do a better job of getting open. Ask Cimmy, Davis almost made him quit the game. TD catches on back to back throws to him. One on a screen, the other on a deep in that Davis broke a tackle and housed it. Just got lucky on the play call. He only had one other catch that game.

Mike