Stats & Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Nov 10, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Stats & Scores

To everyone,

I don't want to seem like a dictator but things need to be addressed. I don't want anyone to feel like I am calling you out. I am simply trying to re-remind everyone that this is a sim style dynasty. We should be doing realistic things. If you get up by 21 or more points, you should be subbing and running out the clock. I don't think it's the sliders because I myself have a hard time running the ball. I think we need to concentrate more on sim stats than heisman races and awards. I myself am to blame for that as I started the heisman watch. I want people to have but I want you to play how this site has intended us to.

Just wondering, how or why everyone has so many rushing yards each week. Every time I look at stats from each game, people have 200-300 yards rushing. Are the run sliders too easy?

Feel free to voice your opinion, this is your dynasty.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I think they are. i average over 7 or 8 per carry every game. With a weak pass game my game is on the ground for the most part and averaging that a game makes it hard to not want to run the ball with a very weak passing game

3. controllerabuser

Right, I don't want people to shy away from what makes them win. I just want to get things straightened out. It seems like a lot of users rush for 7-8 yards per carry against the CPU. I will take a deeper look at the sliders again tonight.

4. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i try to be balanced as much as i can but i throw so many picks and have so many drops. I just think its way to easy to run right now. No disrespect to Green hope this dont make the papers but he isnt as great as his stats. I know When Charest comes in at qb the only chance anyone has to catch the ball is if the waterboy wears a uniform its that ugly

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I personally don't think it is too easy to run on the CPU. I am averaging like 4 yards a carry. I know my HB blew up for 6 TDs against Auburn, but that was not my intension. On 3 or 4 occasions I completed pass plays to the 1 yard line and then punched it in. I certainly don't expect Wood to have crazy numbers like that again. Anyway, I'll do my best to monitor that stuff, but I am mixing things up.

6. controllerabuser

Bits, the 6 TD's thing is fine. The rushing yards tells the story, you just used him more strategically, I'm assuming inside the redzone instead of passing.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I notice the cpu has an easy time intercepting my passes and their coverage is pretty tight 90% of the time. My last game the cpu picked me 4 times but dropped 6 of my passes that hit the defender in the chest. My qb accuracy rating is a 91 but soo many times I try to hit an open receiver, I'll end up throwing a duck or throw the worse pass ever. When I throw these passes pressure from the defense really does determine how often this happens, which is realistic to a point.

But then again I could just suck at passing and need practice on when to throw the ball.

Running is easier than passing but it's hard to break a 20+ yrd gain. Overall I think the sliders are fine and the only adjustments needed are that people need to sub more and take more time off the clock when up by 3 scores.

8. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

It might be a combination of the sliders and maybe people just wanting to boost stats. I personally don't think the run sliders are too easy, though.

9. NDCOLTS1979

I have alot of problems with passing. I think i have more ints than tds and maybe completions. I dont boost stats because if u look at all my games Ford gets near the same amount of carries as Green. They both average over 5 a carry.

10. NDCOLTS1979

Week 1

J. Green: 33 rushes 149yds 4 tds

Week 2

J. Green: 29 carries 191 yds 4 td
    J. Ford: 29 carries 126 yds

Week 3

J. Green 34 rushes 245yds 5 tds averaged 7.2 a carry
    J. Ford 31 rushes 183yds 2 tds averaged 5.9 a carry

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I feel the sliders are in a good place. I am slowly working better with the passing, and running has always been where I am better. In another dynasty, I am using a team that I am running quite a bit out of the 'gun,they are a spread offense, and it has changed my approach to running. Both under center and from the 'gun. I have become a better runner with it. If I were to look at last year with Hampton (92ovr, 92spd), I probably ran 60/40 to passing. This year with my receivers being better than my RB, I am still running the ball quite a bit, but the overall picture has probably slanted to 50/50 playcalling. Between Wegher/Brinson/King, I am averaging right at 5 yards a carry. Realistic for a solid running team with a solid offensive line.

As for passing, I have found myself reading the defense more pre-snap, both against the cpu and user. I seem to find where the cpu is blitzing from more often now, and also come to expect it on certain downs and certain situations from them. I have started calling run/pass audibles out of existing formation, and also hot routing more often. It has changed the passing game, and my consistency. I do have a beast at receiver in Davis, but I also have a good supporting role. This week against Purdue, he had 10 receptions, on 11 targets. But I also had 5 or 6 other guys with catches. Kuchel had 3 with a couple drops and an Int in front of him, and Keyes had 3 drops, and I believe 3 catches. So I do spread the ball around. There are just some games where certain guys do a better job of getting open. Ask Cimmy, Davis almost made him quit the game. TD catches on back to back throws to him. One on a screen, the other on a deep in that Davis broke a tackle and housed it. Just got lucky on the play call. He only had one other catch that game.

Mike