Stats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Fair warning:

I'm going to be clamping down without asking for opinions if the stats stay up where they are. Granted, I scored a 59-0 number myself, but 70 is too big, and 55-7 against a team rated 99 across the board is just ridiculous, especially when it's a rivalry game.

I'm not going to be the place where guys go to run their flawless systems. I'll consider your play in week 7 to be your response, and I'll take action from there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no apologies nor is it ridiculous, when the other team plays as stupid as Florida did against me you are going to score 55 (i.e. never attempting to establish a running game, despite taking a run 87 yards for a td, passing on first down nearly everytime, continuing to run 5 man protections against a team that is getting to your quarterback with out sending more than 4, not adjusting to a cpu controlled DE who had 10 tackles and 4.5 sacks, sending all out blitzes so that slant passes continually went for big yardage). I would also suggest looking at Florida's depth chart I didn't look myself but after playing them I would bet they have some gaping holes in some critical areas, such as offensive line. As for systems, I ran plays I have never ran before (tweaks to the playbook) and ran out of the shotgun most of the game.

There were 0 fourth quarter points and there was no stat whoring (my qb threw 341 on only 15 passes most of which were short throws that went big time due to the blitz) my rbs split carries and my highest total was 102 yards for my top rated HB.

Also remember that this is the same 99 rated team that lost to Eastern Michigan ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I'm really not interested in going another ten rounds over this stuff. It is what is is, and it isn't going to change.

I will make it change, one way or another. I'm not going to up the sliders just for one guy. I'll be going another route when things get out of control next, which should be very soon.

Note - as we play, we get accustomed to sliders, and scores go up. That's normal. We adjust from time to time to compensate. But some of us are always bigger than others (and bigger than the record books, many times) on each and every stat line every week. That's the kind of thing that will change. When the Heisman winner is a true freshman and the third best HB on his own team, I no longer need to call it ridiculous. It just goes without saying.

Thread closed. When I decide to force a sim, I will let you know first by PM, but I won't be negotiating, and I will not apologize either.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.