Steamer's case for teambuilder enhanced '12 dynasty

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Steamer43, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

'12 is still a long way away but I was asked to throw this idea out there... I don't really care what direction we take but this is just an idea.

Teambuilder can influence Hard4Yards12 in a number of ways.

Level #1 - The great equalizer

1) Evening out the pitches
    Say we pick our 12 real life shitty teams. We can recreate them using all the pre-uploaded teambuilder material, while changing the pitches to ensure equal levels of recruiting.

2) Alternate Unis
    Again with the 12 IRL shitty teams, if you get stuck with only 1 set of unis you can add on an extra jersey or pant, along with a alternate helmet.

Level #2 - FCS or others

1) Recreate IRL teams that aren't available in the game. As DirtyAss mentioned... it would be kinda cool to run with Ivy League teams or something.

Level #3 - Custom Teams

3) Variety
    As H4Y continues, we just won't be able to recycle the same teams over and over. I dont want to live in a world where Full Moon is Kent State or NikPin is Eastern Michigan...
    (although I'd like to run with as many combinations of IRL teams as possible...)

4) Creativity
    Something this dynasty is great at. Teambuilder custom teams would add a whole new demension to the creativity. Custom logos, custom colors, custom fields, uniforms fight songs, fight song lyrics, etc.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now its on to the visual presentation:
    Level 1 includes no visual enhancement

Level 2
    ex. FCS Schools:
    Williams & Mary

[​IMG]

(taken from bigdoc22 on operationsports)

Level 3: Custom Teams

Awesome Logos :)

[​IMG]

Custom/Alternate Uniforms/Colors. Making your team doo-doo brown.

[​IMG]

Listening to Brad Nessler refer to my team as the "Steamers"

[​IMG]

Fans sporting your custom color scheme

[​IMG]

White Skills players if you so choose

[​IMG]

Conclusion

the end

• Like Like x 2
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

How much does it cost? What happens if someone drops out?

3. Steamer43

Ya the cons would definitely be NCAA's history of bugs and
    (this only applies to level 3) someone dropping out with a specific custom team. I don't think people would be too estatic to replace a user whose team is the Cleveland Steamers lol, but a more generic team would not be much of an issue IMO especially on Tradition. Maybe this could wait till we enter a season with a solid 12 users.

4. DirtycashDylan

Cool. When the other guys wake up, they can add some of their own insight and we can throw this on the back burner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Definitely a decent idea but as DCD you're basically fucked if anyone quits.

I do agree though about how the same teams next year could be a little stale.

6. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Agree, no one will want to join a dynasty with a fake team someone else created. Though it would be fun to make a team. I just doubt all 12 guys will stick.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I agree...I would love to do that. I already know what my team name would be, but like they said, there's no way that all 12 guys would stick. We have several that wouldn't be an issue, DCD, Nik, myself, Steamer and Snoopy have been here multiple years now. Centech, Hammerhead and AJ have all been pretty active although one of my tirades may scare them off. Crumb has been around all year.

That just leaves Blonde, my apprentice and JKyle. Redd is too new to make a call on. Blonde has already considered quitting once and JKyle is non existent around here and prolly needs to be replaced anyway.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I would totally be down for this with like FCS teams or Ivy League or something. I'm just kinda with everyone else if someone quits it would suck having to take over that team. I mean if I'm a new guy I don't wanna take over Redd's former Raping Rappers, or Qwons Blumpkin Bullets or something.

Ivy League/FCS teams though (real teams) I think would be very cool. Just how do you go about making teams accurate/even that way?

I've also heard there were a lot of bugs in teambuilder dynasties this year?

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Haha, I do like Qwon's Blumpkin Bullets, but I was thinking more along the line of the Adam Collins University Qwons.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I resent your statements Qwon. There is nothing out there that helps your argument for me quitting next season. I been in this dynasty for a while now, and won't be leaving unless I'm forced out

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Same here. You don't scare me Qwon, you just amuse me.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

But yea I'm still not feeling a completely custom team thing though, there will always be a revolving door somewhere in a 12 man dynasty. Ur lucky guys like me and Speck (Gait) stepped in and gave you guys some continuity. Guys don't even have to be bad to be jumping ship (See Gospel Josh Gyrene) who was in like 8 different dynasties and is no longer on these boards I don't think.

13. DirtycashDylan

Yeah we lucked out this year with all you new guys. and I knew Gyrene would flake, he was just in too many leagues and too gung-ho about adding new ones. The brightest stars burn out the fastest and all that...

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Get yo ass in the war room and look at some of the guys I've signed the last 2 weeks

15. DirtycashDylan

scrubs

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Pshh if u wanna see scrubs look at half my upperclassmen. I got jrs and srs still in the 60s

17. nikpin

I looked. Scrubs

I also noticed the greatest H4Yer of all time is viewing this thread.

18. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I hit a snag in real life and havent been able to be as activev as my first year... but I should start being able to get back to the old me and being an active user again.. I will not let the MTSU curse claim another one!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'll believe it when I see it

20. Steamer43

I love the idea of being a premier league and Dylan having to sell a new user the isea of playing with Jqwon's blumpkin bullets lol!

I never thought I would be for custom teams with our dynasty but I feel the colorful nature of the different users would povide us with endless entertainment.

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm curious to hear what this snag is...

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The fact that you were considering quitting this season helps my argument considerably...Not saying I want to see you go, just saying you already considered it once...

23. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I just got a new job and moved into my own house with my girlfriend and son in the past 2 weeks... I'm still rearranging things everyday. I'm already laid off from the new job so I should have some more time... but working 4pm - 1am and then coming home and finding time to move things in wasnt exactly good for my time on here.

I would really appreciate the benefit of the doubt from the league considering before all this I was writing up things such as my CUSA East division primer, race to get MVP Vote, and good game summaries. Now that I'm settling down again I shoud be able to get back to that.

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I find his reason to be just.

25. nikpin

Remember the time we did a team builder dynasty in Canda and I was the Saskatchawan Whalers and found the giant pink and purple lisa frank whale logo and rocked the pink and purple unis?