Steelah when can you play?

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Hellisan, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Steelah when can you play?

Huge focking game for Georgia, I have a few recruits at this one!

When can you run it today? (y)

2. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

anytime before 10:00 est. I will be on, probably playing Need for Speed. Just message me when you are ready and I'll jump over to NCAA..

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

gotta play in the cockpit view.........games handling is different. but I got used to it quick. Plyed it for about 20 mins last night.

Can you finally beat Helli......this is going on too long. it is getting a little ridiculous.

4. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Goon Squad Engaged!!!

How does the engines sound? Is the sense of speed as advertised?

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I wanna play need for speed.

Too many games (Particularly driving games!) coming out right now... argh!

Anyway Steelah, look for me to hit you up around 9 pm EST to 10 pm EST... I really hope I can do it before then but just have a bad feeling the way this day is going. See you then.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes the engine sound is retarded how well it is done. The racing is a more sim then GRID but not totally sim. The cars back ends like to swing out a bit too easy. At first I was like WTF!!! but then I drove a slower car and it felt better. I am not ready to drive those monster cars yet..........I need to learn the tracks and the physics better. I still into DIRT 2 alot.......hard to play both.

Sad thing is once Forza hits it will be like these games never existed.

A Gator wins in a fight vs a Bulldog!

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Dirt 2 looks awesome. NFS looks awesome. I wish i had a bunch of money and more importantly, time, laying around to buy/play these games. Forza will be good but both of those offer something it doesnt, who knows how their replayability will be.

Hey dude luckily for me... college football games are not decided by making real-life versions of the team mascots fight each other. :confused:

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I was saving June birthday gift card for September.......It is more the time to enjoy them then the cash though. Main thing is I struggle playing video games when the sun is out.

I will post some HD videos of NFS this week. I posted 2 Dirt videos today....they are very easy to make.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Which one is better Jms? Dirt 2 or NFS?

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Dude I haven't played both so this is not a response or anything but they are just highly different. Dirt is rally racing and I played the demo and it is done almost to perfection! Fantastic! I mean it is so realistic that within 5 minutes I was nailing it... A lot of games you have to learn how the game plays (it's not realistic enough) and those games take me forever to learn. But I know how to drive IRL so the realistic games like Dirt 2 are easy to pick up.

NFS is more pavement oriented... That's all I know about it but if you like the mud, dirt, rallying, etc.... get Dirt. I love how when you go through a puddle in a car it gets all over the windshield and temporarily blinds you until it can be wiped off. In a truck, it doesn't come up high enough... realism!

11. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

I'll be around, just let me know if your gonna be any later. Dirt 2 being as intense as it is, i will probably be up a little later.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would Give Dirt 2 the nod over NFS. NFS Shift is a first time for them. Dirt 2 is the second run for Codemasters......they fixed the physics and the game shines.

Like Helli said........different games. You dont race on pavement in Dirt (only small patchs). You can't customize your car in Dirt either (just different livieries). NFS you can paint and change parts.

I will post a review of both racing games on the weekend.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yep... totally true. I only played the Demo of Dirt 1 but it didn't feel like driving a real car at all. It was very, very strange feeling. This new one... holy shit, it's like you're actually behind the wheel. Which makes the driving much more realistic/rewarding but also easier... I mean it drives like a real rally car... Not too much better a game can do than that.

14. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

After a few games of NFS. Dirt 2 Hands down is the winner so far.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

You guys and your racing games. I really could never get into 'em. I'll scoop Forza 3 to see what the fuss is about.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

If you are not a car guy........you wont get into it.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree......There is a definite learning curve for Shift. When you first start playing there is a WTF kind of reaction but you get used to it.

I really don't like that the cars back ends swing out so easily like it is on a swivel. I did like the time attack. The AI is like playing online though........the cars get bunched up on turns and leaves you no where to go and the 1-2 cars up front take off.

Ill keep playing as i do like the in cockpit view but it is still hard to compete with it.

On the other hand Dirt 2 is just sweet....look for a review of that today

18. Blaza

I'm certainly a car guy. Bimmer is in my blood, I think I just suck driving/shifting gears with a controller.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

go fer teh NERD Wheeel... !1!!!111!!

20. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

sadly i'm toying with getting that thing for forza this time around.

21. Blaza

LOL, I bet JMS aka Inspector Gadget probably has one. :p

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The wheel made the game to tough for me the first time around. That thing is freakin hard to get a feel for.

I struggled to not get lapped with the controller by aholes like Helli, with the wheel I couldnt stay outta the wall, dirt, other cars.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no wheel here.......cant do it!

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I had forza 2, i just didn't play it much after all the sports games but i did like the game.