Steelers (28) vs. Bengals (17)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jul 13, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Steelers (28) vs. Bengals (17)

Not sure if I was automatically in the playoffs or not, I decided to play my starters. Turns out I was already in, go figure, and I lost my team MVP Bernard Scott for 3 weeks to a dislocated elbow. FML.

I was driving to in the redzone with just over 2 minutes left with the score 21-17, and I threw an ill advised pass towards the sideline that the nickle corner jumped in front of and took back to the house. It seemed that he was way out of position, but he somehow ended up in front of the pass anyway killed any chance of a comeback. It's my own fault, I should have known he would have been sitting in that zone, since it was the same play that dunlap killed me on with Cromartie back in the middle of the season.

Story of the game was turnovers. I had 4, he had 1. Other than that, the statlines we very comparable. A very questionable fumble off of a punt that ended up turning into 7 for Savaunte, but not able to challenge. He ran the ball very well, but I held his passing game to a very modest statline. My defense seemed on its heels for most of the day, I wasn't able to stuff the run like I normally do.

Bernard Scott was beast (moot), and ran for over 180 yards and a TD. He broke a tackle at the end of the first and took it 88 yards to the endzone for 6.

GG Savaunte. You definitely are a good player. Just wish you hadn't broken my only glimmer of hope for the playoffs in half. I thought I already had it tough, now I'm pretty much screwed. LOL.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Merge policia....some help over here???

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

dang that sucks, i flirted with losing players by starting my starters but had a higher wildcard spot on the line. CJ got hit a couple times and left the game twice, but came back out before i had enough and put him on the bench.

GL, both of our hard work will come to culmination next week. One person waits for '11, the other gets dunlap

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Im pretty sure the other gets Gaddy...

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah who knows with how wacky madden is with tiebreaking/seeding.

Either way gonna be a tough game.