Stephen Strasburg

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by KnightNoles, Jun 9, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Stephen Strasburg

I have already dub the guy the next Nolan, Randy or Roger of my generation (20 yo).

What about his impressive debut tonight against the Pirates, yea the Pirates but they are major leaguers and dont have the worst record in baseball.

If you didn't catch anything youtube it or catch a highlight to see this guys stuff!

Well he went 7 strong striking out 14! He had several pitches reach 100 and 101 mph. and when he wasnt blowing people away he had some nasty breaking stuff also.

He threw 38 pitches at 98+ Plus mph!!!!!

Strasburg dazzles

He gave up his first dinger also but his team came back in the 5th with an Adam Dunn 2 R HR and then right after his Josh Willingham hit a solo.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Sounds impressive, Let's see if he can keep it up

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Im watching highlights on MLB TV. Legit

4. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

He threw some NASTY pitches. An amazing performance.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He has to keep it up... I'm big on Lincecum as the next "great" pitcher of my generation (25 yo!)

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

seen him pitch a few times down here. The thing that separates him is his command. Usually with a true fireballer like he is you can just wait him out, he'll walk guys or whatever at least on occasion. Not this guy he has absolute pinpoint control a lot of the time.

I mean needless to say you don't see a guy pitch 7 innings with 14 strikeouts while keeping it to 94 pitches very damn often. :)

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

just hope he doesn't go the route of Kerry Woods. It's not always a matter of skill, his ability to take care of his arm will dictate alot. The Nationals also have a huge part to play here in making sure he's not overworked early in his career.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    His delivery is much better than Woods. He throws all of his pitches from the same angle, and his angle is nice.

The homerun he gave up to Delwyn Young was because Delwyn was sitting on the changeup because that's what he got in his first at bat.

After that, he stopped even throwing balls. Striking out 14 in 94 pitches is freaking incredible.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The movement on all of his pitches is just incredible.

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Screw Stephen Strasburg...lol

I graduated & played football w/Matt Capps (the Nationals Closer). Another save by Cappy!!!! He use to give me a ride to school when I didnt have a liscense.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The Nats will overwork him. He's their saving grace right now. And that kid they drafted will be up probably by early next year, if not by the end of this one.

12. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

very impressive debut, that sharp breaking curve he has is just nasty. Im interested to see how his career goes, hopefully not another Mark Prior.

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

His sinker/hook was just amazing to watch. The bottom truly drops right the fuck out, then he'll come back with a 99mph laser on the corner.

I'm gonna be in DC at the end of July--really hope I can make it out to a Nats game. (note: The fact that my previous statement can actually be said now speaks to this guys impact!)

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I doubt Bryce Harper will be in the pros this year. He may go the Miguel Cabrera and aRod route and be their guy when he is 18/19.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    His next start is in Cleveland on Sunday, I may drive up and get some tickets.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

He will not be another wood or prior mark that down. Riggleman and the gm know what they are doing with him. 7 innings 99 pitches. Plus this guy knows how to take care of himself.

They kept waiting and waiting on when to bring him up and wanted to make sure there around .500 and maybe make a push.

Nats are going to become better over the years they have good young pitching in Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard and Matt Capps.
    Then they have the franchise player at 3B in Zimmerman. Desmond is a rook this year. Guzman and Dunn still have some years left as vets.

Bryce Harper #1 pick I doubt will be up anywhere close to this year or next. Maybe in late august, September next year to see how he reacts to the majors and pitching along with travel

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

He isn't projected to pitch agaisnt a good team anytime soon

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Went to see Chapman pitch monday night against Pawtucket he hit 101 on the gun a couple of times. His problem is control. The 1st half inning took 35 min he gave up 2 hits and 2 runs he was missing with all of his pitches. He gave up 7 runs total and couldn't get an out in the top of the 3rd. I think if he harnesses his pitches he will be just as dominant. He kind of reminds me of JR Richard (most of you will have to google him kid could throw smoke) The thing about strasburg is his change up is 87-90 mph.... Dude Maddux's FB barely hit 85. He was the most impressive pitcher of my generation in my opinion. More so than Clemens because of the doping and what not.

19. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Kids an absolute beast. My favorite thing about him besides his talent is he works quickly. Gets the ball back from the catcher and fires away and pours strikes. No pissing around or any BS like that. Here's what's coming, you won't hit it, let's play ball.

Game only took 2:15 last night. I'd watch so many more games if they went by that quickly.