Stepping Away

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Glen Cieske Jbek jandy cyhiphopp carolinaeasy Antonio T. Rhight Donkalion Paytonno1son MrWitness36 cmassey13

As most of you probably already know by know from doing offseason, I'm stepping away from CL indefinitely. I know I said the other day that I'd make an effort to keep going despite the changes in my life, but after taking some time to think about it I've decided it would be best to just stop participating completely. Seeing that this is my first real job out of college and possibly the start of a career, I really want to hit the ground running and don't trust myself to prioritize the more important things in life over Chompions League, because I do really love being in this league with you guys.

Jandy and I brought CL to TSO last summer, and some of you were recruited from the start as I poached members from OS, as that was the only way the powers that be here at TSO would allow me to run a league as a new member. Definitely a biased opinion, but I don't think anyone can argue that we turned into one of the, if not the most successful non-premier leagues on the site, and one that was just as good as any premier league when it comes to content, activity and gameplay skills. You guys are definitely some of the best I've ever played in this game.

Obviously feel free to keep in touch about football, life, whatever. I do consider some of you actual friends, and if that weren't the case then this wouldn't have been much of a thought, and it wouldn't be so bittersweet.

jandy and Jbek -- I grew up with you guys so not much to say here, but this was obviously a big part of our friendship pre-TSO and I'm glad we got to do a few seasons with a group of guys on this site. Jandy, thanks for helping me with everything, especially in this cycle. I remember teaching you basic passing progression principles in like NCAA 12, and you've come a long way on the stick since. Jbek, I really enjoyed having you in the fold this time around and I apologize for bolting -- our rivalry was definitely going to reach CL '11 heights and that would have been a blast.

Glen Cieske -- We didn't get to play much in this year's title, but our back-and-forth battles in CL '13 were the highlight of that cycle for me. You were a great member to have for all 13 seasons of CL 13-14 I participated in, and if my memory serves you are the only person to never take a leave of absence, including me and Jandy. I definitely appreciate everything you've put into this dynasty.

cmassey13 and cyhiphopp -- You guys joined after season 2 or 3 in CL '13 and have been staples of the league ever since. We've played some great games against each other and I'm glad we got you guys on board, because Chompions wouldn't have been the same without either of you. Cy, when you left me and the B1G in CL '13 you went on to win 20-some games in a row and a title ... maybe me stepping away will open the door for you to at least contend for one, which you definitely deserve. Cmassey, keep it churning at Arkansas and you'll be right there as well. Our national championship in CL '13 was probably the best loss I've ever been a part of, and I regret that I won't be able to return the favor when my Buckeyes travel down south to face you next season.

To everyone else, thanks for participating and helping to make this league what it was and is now. Who knows, once I get settled down in the Windy City, perhaps I'll come back to Columbus, or even take a stab at building up another program. And if not, then enjoy facing my No. 1 recruiting classes for the next few years. Elijah Canaan + Aaron Jenkins + Daquel Newell + Robo Dawkins = nightmare for you. Either way, keep the league going strong and don't let my absence slow it down. Keep and touch if you want, and if not good luck with everything in life.

-- Evan

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Good luck on your career bro!

3. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

First off good luck with the new job and the move. It's been a lot of fun these past two years, and hopefully we'll see you back here sometime soon. Take care bud.

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Once I get a new phone ill be texting you (and hopefully shit talking when tOSU losses this year IRL)

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Best of luck to you jandy i appreciate you going out of your way to get me involved in this league. I have found a home here and really enjoy the fellowship here, and that is in no small part your doing jandy. Best of luck, and trust me unless you are joining a meat market law firm you will be rejoining us in a few months. We all need escapes from the real world.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Good luck...but I'm sure you'll be back.

7. jandy

jandy Walk On

Not having Spayer will obviously be a blow to the league, but there's still no reason we cannot continue on and remain one of the best online dynasties on TSO.

However, with him gone, that puts us at 11 players. In my opinion, it would be really weird if we found a new member to replace him at OSU - it just wouldn't feel right. Michigan State has a very solid squad this year, so they're pretty appealing.

How do you guys feel about this situation? Should we find a new player to pick up the OSU job, or should we let that stacked team stay a CPU and tear up the B1G for years to come, while letting a new guy play with a different team? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for said new player? One that is of good quality on the sticks and that can also keep up with our fast advance schedule

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think we leave OSU untouched and wait for Spayer419 to come back and rescue them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'd say leave OSU open. Just doesn't seem right for someone else to play as them, and some new guy shouldn't be handed the keys to a Ferrari without having put in any of the work to build it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks for the kind words Spayer419. I really love playing in a league as good as this one.

Good luck with your big boy job. I understand taking time to get used to all that. It's a BIG change. Someday down the road you'll get the itch to bring back that college feeling though and you will be welcome.

We'll keep things rolling here and enjoy the challenge of taking on your monster CPU team.

Michigan is going to clean up for a while in recruiting I think, without a shrewd user coach at tOSU to keep him in check.