Stepping Down and reasons for extended absence

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by kdpnutter, Oct 23, 2014.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

i want to first apologize to everyone for my long extended absence as medically I have been undergoing extensive issues, from the spinal fusion and decompression and replacement of three broken vertebrae to a staph infection caused after. I have sent both Ty and NT a message letting them know I am stepping down, it is not fair to take a spot of an MLB team from a deserving person when I don't know when I will be back.

I have been thru 3 surgeries since the staph infection and have a fourth pending. When they went back in it was discovered due to the infection and the screws in my back I ruptured a disc in my back and severed a nerve to my leg. I will begin intensive physical therapy after and will be undergoing this for at least a year. My nerve is dead in my left leg but they are hoping to re stimulate the muscles to compensate for the nerve. The disc needs to get done as it was the issue apparently causing the staph as the contents was spilling into my back and was causing septicemia or blood poisoning and lead to the staph. I will at this time be withdrawing from all leagues until such time as I am physically capable of rejoining any of them. An absentee owner is not fair to anyone that might want those spots. I will try to get on TSO when I can but most days the drugs and surgeries have me so tired I don't want to do anything but sleep. I wish you all the luck and hope to see you all in the future.

I know we usually don't you use the group tag but since today is the first time I've felt okay enough to do a little talking I wanted to let everyone know what was going on and why I have been away.

Good luck in the future and I hope to see you all again when this all gets resolved.

The Dugout

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sorry to hear about all that KDP.

Get healthy and drop in when you can. Keep us updated!

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Damn. Get well soon, man.

4. Lou

Lou Walk On

So sorry to hear that KD...get well!

5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Hope you feel better

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

7. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Best wishes to ya KDP.

[​IMG]

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You don't need to apologize for health issues my friend. Get well and stop by when you can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Get well soon, man.

10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Get well soon bud.