Stepping Down

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by AgenT Smith, Oct 13, 2012.

1. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Simply put, I'm done with TLY.

Apparently, people have different opinions of the rules and what "SIM" is.

I told myself if I run into another Week 1 situation, I'm done with this.

Not to mention, there's really no communication or anything interesting within the league other than scheduling for a game.

2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

[​IMG]
    I know myself have been slacking a little bit, but I still love this league a lot. In about a month when this league is good and has weeded out all the troublemakers(ready for a joke about me), you'll be missing it and will regret this statement.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

That's fine and all, but I honestly wont. It's week 8. I shouldn't have to play fricken ranked matches in WEEK 8.

And Ghost I know how it is with college dude.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Understand your decision and no one will be begging you to stay. Good luck in your other leagues. Sorry this didnt fit for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

What? I'm not asking for anyone to beg me to stay, this is more like the nail in the coffin for me.

It's not that it didn't fit me...it's just that like I said, I shouldn't be playing a ranked game in Week 8.

I've played Ghost, I've played Legacy, and all of my user games outside of Week 1 and Week 8 have been good or great, realistic games. The preseason games were SIM as well. No issues, no concerns, nothing.

I'm just wondering how we got 8 weeks into the season with a guy who puts Steve Smith at TE...but I digress.

Like I said, if Ryno, BlyGilmore, Randiesel wants/needs a PM on the gameplay, let me know. I will still fill out the gameplay evaluation for this week.

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

ive played good games so far in this league, and also had somebody play a WR at TE in a game. So what, note it, let the commishes know, they took care of it and move on.

Looks like you are already moving on so GL..

• Like Like x 2
  8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Sending you a PM.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this is the case of an immature dude not being able to handle his emotions... and it isn't the first time. You won't always agree with everyone's gameplay but coming here to the forums and calling people out is not acceptable.. and YOU more than anyone should know that at this point.

Your out of the TLY permanantly. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

If the majority of your games have been great and one of the "bad games" ended in the banning of the owner then I really don't sympathize with u bro. This is a really fun league and I don't think u will find anything comparable especially now that u have shown yourself to be a little high maintenance... I actually liked you and your input and work u did on the forums but it looks like we will be getting a new bears owner. Take care man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

If I understand you correctly, you've played at least 11 games total counting preseason, and two of them have been bad experiences. That means around 82% of your games have been enjoyable experiences against sim players. 82% is a good percentage for almost anything you do. Good luck finding sim players 82% of the time in ranked matches;) Even though you handled it poorly, your first opponent you had a problem with was removed from the league, because you weren't the only complaint, so in reality the system has worked 100% of the time. Once again you handled it poorly and let your emotions get the best of you, so you have no idea if your complaint about this opponent would have been the last straw for him as well.

I will say this for everyone in hopes they can avoid reacting or handling things like this. Ideally, we would like to have a league full of nothing but sim players. However, there will always be a weeding out process, because douches never put "I'm a douche:" on their application. As someone who has run leagues before, it can be hard to weed out guys. First of all, douches or cheesers know who's in charge and rarely exhibit their doucheness to the commish when they play them. Second, not every guy who has an issue will speak up. Some people don't like to get involved in the process or seem like their complaining, and wait for someone else to report the douche. Finally, not being able to save highlights in Madden makes it less likely a complaint will have solid video proof to back it. As a commish, you can't just take one person's word without proof which is why it can take a while to weed out someone who is constantly cheesing. You also like to give guys a shot at correcting whatever the problem is.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

One last note. I haven't played the opponent being referred to, so I can't speak to their gameplay. I was speaking in general, so whoever Smith is talking about don't take my above post personal.

• Like Like x 1