STICK A FORK IN MEGA PS3????

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by scarface, Aug 5, 2010.

1. scarface

scarface Walk On

STICK A FORK IN MEGA PS3????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it seems MEGA PS3 will be no more I would like for the commish or RC to post something accordingly, so people who may be waiting to know if MEGA is dead so they can go onto other leagues, can do so.

I know some have said maybe, others said nope, and yet we still have people asking to know if we are recruiting, but no one is answering from the RC or commish.

I for one want there to be a PS3 MEGA league, and am holding off from trying to join others while I wait.

If MAGS and the RC could get together and let us know either way it would be great.

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Your not the only one that wants to know. I'd still would like a hard answer so I can buy the game or not buying the game. Only reason i will buy the game is for Mega Ps3 if there isn't going to be a Mega Ps3 then I'll see everyone in Madden 12 hopefully.

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

ive been waiting, but i thought We were ago, but if Mega is shutting down it would be nice to know so i can find another dynasty

4. Luis

Luis Walk On

Why would MEGA have to fold? If I'm not wrong there are enough guys that still want to play on the PS3 (I'm one of them). I think that we could still have MEGA the way we like it. I'll be able to help on anything Mags wants and I think Scar and GT would help too (and some others). I think we should give it a try and keep it alive.

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

MEGA will go back to the PC. Majority rules.

As for the TF league here, It would be whatever we want to make it. I am not doing all of the manual work to make it a true OF. It isn't worth it. We will leave that to the Premier Leagues on the site like OMFL. They have a good setup and it should set them apart. Given EA has made no improvements to the game, we know what we have. If we want a play league, sim style, we can. Honestly, there isn't a lot of interest from the MEGA owners for the PS3, so whatever it is, it will be new. If you guys are down for that, let's get it started and I will want your help.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

good luck back on the PC guys!!! see some of you in the OMFL maybe!!!

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

the PC.....dear god.

8. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Doesn't mean that the PS3 option is going anywhere, just changing philosophy. The majority of the owners didn't like the PS3, found it very limiting, and didn't adapt well. We have 25 seasons invested in the PC with related history, records, etc... It's much easier for us to run a league the way we want to run it, with all of the features we want, on the PC. We have full online tools, we have a true salary cap, progression, a real online draft with scouting and hidden ratings. Hell, we even have a playoff tiebreaker that isn't ALPHABETICAL ORDER. Nothing makes an owner feel as good as busting their butts to get to 10-6, making the playoffs, only to miss out b/c their team starts with an M. (F'ing EA.)

As for the PS3, the Online Franchise component is a joke. EA has stated that nothing changed in terms of Madden 11, and that they see OF as a barely used feature of the game based on their collected data. Whether you agree or not, the fact of the matter is that they are not going to put effort into their Online Franchise component. When you look at what the NCAA guys have, it's significantly better. Granted, the servers seem to be shitty from what I have read, but they have made great strides in making Online Dynasty function the way we would like. Supposedly, the Madden team is going to revamp M12's franchise features. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but in the meantime, we'll make our adjustments. This league won't be Premier, giving PS3 Madden guys a chance to get some games in, and possibly provide a feeder into the other leagues.