Stone Age Football Tourney ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SUPER TECMO BABY!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, May 6, 2011.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

OK guys its time to fire up the retro systems AND PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!

If you didn't know Tecmo is the grandfather of all football gaming. Prior to this game you had very little control over any part of your team. On most games there was no team customization of any kind. This version that came out in 1991 was a revolution for the football gaming community. You have the ability to see players, make depth changes, change playbooks etc.. and it really set the standard for football gaming forever.

Over the last week I have been trialing some old emulators and roms and I found the right Combo for a seamless tourney. Here are the links.

First you need to get the game.

http://www.famssu.com/tecmo/roms.htm

Download the Tecmo Super Bowl rom for Nintendo Entertainment System (The Original Game)

Second you are going to need your Emulator.

http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

Download the Binary file, unpack into a folder, double click the nestopia.exe, and you now have your very own Nintendo Entertainment System!! To load the game, go to open file, locate your .nes Tecmo File, and start her up!

But we are not done yet...

Many of us no longer have a PC controller so here is a Tutorial on how to hook your PS3 control up as a joystick. I had to do a google search for the file, but it was easy to find ad easy to get working.

http://www.ps3court.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2848

For the Mac, I found this thread skip over the guy saying he has a driver, there is a brief tutorial right after that says the drivers are included on the machine.

Finally after our systems recognize the controller we need to map the buttons so it knows what buttons are what.

Bootup Nestopia and go to Options-Input. You will see on the left it has Pad 1 Pad 2 Pad 3 Etc... Now go to Pad 3 and you will see that the buttons are unmapped. Go to the mapping section and go to Select All. Then push the corresponding button. Left Right Start Etc..... Now your ready to play. I would run a test game to make sure everything is right and you know how to play.

Now here is the fun part, Nestopia has an online server community, so if you are ready to play online, set up a game, log into a server, find your partner, and knock yourself out!

Anyone who is in just post on this thread that your in and your team. It will be first come first serve because I doubt everyone will participate. In order claim a team you must have downloaded the files, got your joystick working, and have played one online game so you know what you are doing. What I would like is that we treat this like a real tourney with recaps and everything, HAVE FUN GUYS!

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands.... Just sayin.

3. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

lol, Its called time saved from Madden ;)

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Im In.

Ill take Saints.

I think this may be the Dalton Hilliard-Bobby Hebert era.

Championship!!!!

5. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Ole Iron Head Heyward was the beast for the saints.... Just get the break tackle button ready 10 yards every run lol

6. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

You lost em at emulator. lol

7. backlash

backlash DA BEARS

I've resorted to Socom 2 on the PS2 for my gaming fix for the time being lol.