Stop the Ball Bustin!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Nov 21, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Okay I have gotten some grief from a couple of folks over Stephfon Green rushing for 300 yards against Minnesota. I want you to know that Arch and Ego have both busted my balls pretty good on this situation and I understand it looks pretty damn bad.

Keep in mind several factors...

1. I couldn't pass effectively on the Golphers, I had to run.
    2. I refused to run the option since Bolden coming off an achiles injury and was still listed as "probable" which meant my feature back was getting more touches than usual.
    3. I pulled Green and stuck in Dukes after the first touchdown in the 4th quarter (this made the score 35-17 hardly blowout territory when you consider how the computer passing goes in the fourth quarter of a rivalry game)
    4. Dukes (the backup) broke a b gap dive for a long touchdown 42-17.
    5. I trade some punts, Dukes goes down with muscle spasms Green subs in automatically I call an inside zone and bam we hit for a 40 yarder.
    6. I am not sure what happened but my videos did not load to the server, ask Ego about this I am sure he can express some of the same concerns.
    I let this get out of hand, but again 49-17 is not that unrealistic, especially considering I was running the football once I opened up a 3 possession lead. I have not ran up Green's stats all season, I haven't been concerned with trophies or other acolades, and Green isn't on the Heisman list, why start now with one game left?

I apologize for making a mistake in that last touchdown run, I should have spent a timeout and subbed him with a fullback, but then again I didn't expect an inside zone to go to the house.

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Seriously you guys going to wonder about Easy??? He is one of the best members here and we all know he is about as sim as it gets. Seriously sometimes this place is a joke.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No I really did need my balls busted...It will serve as a reminder that I need to keep a closer eye on things when I am playing...I don't think folks were out of line for questioning me. When the videos did not load it looked even worse.

No biggie, I am not in the heisman race and this shouldn't change anything in the long run, other than serve as a reminder.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

With the quarters at 8 minutes, the stats you put up against a less than stellar defense isn't unimaginable. I don't know how you play so it would be ignorant of me to assume how you play. If anything, I would say up 42-17, with over 250 yards rushing you probably should have had Stephon Green nowhere near getting on the field. Scoring just under two minutes up by more than 21 points is probably worse than Green going for over 350.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well I admit the problem here no problem. If this was a week in week out thing I would need booted, but this was one game.

In my defense on the Stephfon Green deal, you guys know how great the injury reporting is in this game, I didn't know Dukes was out until Green is running it.

Weak sauce, I know, but it hasn't been a habit, nor will it become one.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its still stupid...maybe if you have done it in the past than it would warrant a question but it hasn't and who really cares. If you want to run your star RB when you are up so far he will just get knocked out and you will screw yourself in the end.

7. controllerabuser

I don't get this. At first, I wasn't going to post. I haven't been in this league that long but I have been on TF for long enough to say that it doesn't matter whether you have done it in the past or not. You shouldn't just dismiss it as nothing because it hasn't been done before. Your starting running back who had over probably 250 yards in the 4th shouldn't have been in the game and scored on a 40 something yard touchdown under 3 minutes. The starter went for 366 while 1 back up had 5 carries. I don't care if people get pissed at me but I just don't think that is right.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I say this because your not going to find a more solid member of the community than Easy, he has never even come close to causing a problem around here and his games are always very sim. Sometimes you just got to trust people who have proven to be solid members. Sure when I saw that I was like WTF? But we all miss stuff or something weird happens and it ends up not looking very "sim" whatever the hell that means. Its happened to me and Controllerabuser i bet its happened to you to.

The only reason I said anything is because I am tired of the witch hunts that go down in this league and other leagues. If its a new guy sure maybe talk to him about it. However, sometimes it seems like some people around here gets this elitist attitude about how games should or should not be played. Its a game its not the real thing and its never going to be. By calling people out who don't deserve it you risk alienating solid members and not only driving those people away but lots of people who are new to the game.

9. controllerabuser

First of all, I didn't know anything about it till I read this post. It was put out there for me to see. I had no idea. So, after looking further into it I decided to comment.

Witch hunts? The whole reason we play on this site is because we were tired of people doing things that we didn't agree with on other sites or in other leagues. Elitist attitude? There are a set of rules that you are supposed to abide by. If I can take time out of my life to play FCS West and make sure as hell that I don't run up the score or stats than I expect the same out of another member.

I'm not attacking carolinaeasy, I am more concerned with the situation and what I read about just putting it under the rug because, "who really cares". I have had several people play against me and do things I considered unsim. If I am an elitist, then maybe I shouldn't be here.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Okay guys enough. I screwed up, I admitted it, and I put this out there for folks to see. I don't want us getting into a spat because I ran the ball 32 times with my starter. If someone has a problem with my play come to me about it, no problem we can discuss it. Again I ask the question what did I gain from this? I am not in the Heisman race, nor in the national title. With a lack of motive what would this be? A random act of stupidity? Or Malicious intent? Again look at my stats this year, outside of this one game my players have been getting the ball spread around to them. Also the backup got 5 carries but also got injured, the game didn't report it, I was in robot mode calling inside runs and didn't notice that Green was put back into the game by the cpu. I popped an inside zone for a td and took it to the house because frankly there are a lot higher scores in our league than 49-17.

Again sorry this occurred, I should know better and it won't happen again. Arch and I have discussed this and that should be the end of it. If someone out there has a problem with my playing style let me know in a pm and we can discuss how I can better accommodate the rules here at TF.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Okay guys, let's keep this civil. The main point? Even the very best of us have slip-ups from time to time. A member's reputation/history should always be taken into consideration, but whether or not we're talking about a commish, moderator, or rookie coach, a league-mate should always feel comfortable enough to bring up questionable play. Easy's a stellar TF member, but I'm with controllerabuser on this one. Easy should have sat his starter. If his back-up got hurt, he should have then ran the clock out with his third-stringer of fullback. Chew clock should have been on, also. (And it probably was.) The video thing isn't an issue at all in my eyes, as the dynasty wire's been a bitch of late.

Easy's admitted that he should have been more conscious of the variables late in the game. I don't think that you're going to find many times going forward that his game will have to be brought up for discussion. We have very high standards here at Sim-Nation, and I'd like to thank CA for helping maintain that. We're all here to demand the very best of each other. Aside from that, I'm also pleased to see members stand up for Easy. Are we becoming a family? ; )

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well chew clock was NOT on, because I was told prior to this that it is a no-no unless you are inside of 2 minutes. With the way the CPU plays late in rivalry games I felt like chew clock would be screwing them. So there is a little clarification.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Honestly I just don't see a problem with a score like 49-17, some users around here put up some bigger scores than that with their 1st team...I always pull my starters when I am up by 3 touchdowns but the way some the games have been playing out lately a 3 td lead isn't always safe.

With that in mind this will be my last post in this thread...I am sorry if I offended any of you.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Bdub, I appreciate your support. The issue was that Green scored the last touchdown with 2 minutes left. Which I have explained how he was in and how it happened ad naseum. I don't think there was any feelings hurt, only some good debate on some things. Thanks again for understanding.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The discussion is fine, but in all honesty, it's a minor thing from a guy with a great history, and something I am not very concerned about. However, I do want everyone to know that we (and by we, I mean myself, ego, and easy) look at stats, and we are not immune to a little ball bustin' at our own expense here and there. In this instance, easy may have earned a bit of a ribbing, but there's no reason for any real animosity at all. All of us will have the occasional big game, or a cheesed pitch that we didn't intend, or a slot post TD that we probably shouldn't have thrown. It's going to happen. We should never attach any nastiness to it - though hitting someone with a well placed jab about it is totally cool, and this is something we should all be OK with. On a scale of 1-10, where one is a minor concern, and ten is bootable, this is a decimal lower than one, and deserving of a couple of Tebow for heisman jokes, and that's about it. I shall cast my ballot for Stephon Green, and mess with easy every now and again about the day he won a squeaker against Minnesota because of the heroic effort of the next heisman winner. :D But we are not in a place where we need to worry about anything. We're fine. Razz him a little, and get back to business.

Fair?

16. controllerabuser

I am sorry as well if I seemed like an ass to anybody.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's fine. We've been together a while, and sometimes get into it a bit, but we always end up in the right place, and the league is stronger for it. It's why I think we're probably the best thing going around here. 12 guys all making a real effort to make the league right. You guys see our stats lately? We're not 1-12 in rushing, but we have guys on the list. We're not 1-12 in passing, but we have guys on the list. We're not 1-12 in receiving, but we have guys on the list. Stats are distributed nicely, we're not up for every award, and while we have guys in the running for the heisman, we don't dominate the voting at all. Taken together, it's been a really sim season.