Archived Stop The Press

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 2, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Stop The Press

It has been brought to my attention that some have been slacking lately. I've noticed the trend but gave individuals the benefit of a possible busy schedule. It seems to be that some are too comfortable or are just do not have the time to commit to this online dynasty if their schedules are not conflicting. We have individuals posting half-assed summaries (my week one included but I rebounded) or none at all. We have individuals who haven't even put up their content responsibilities. We're in week 3 with normal advances but yet some barely post in the forums. That is not the standard for BCS Chaos. If you have other obligations relating to another online dynasty that takes your time by all means you may leave. But don't drag down other individual's time and effort they have put forth for this dynasty.

Now I probably became TF's biggest headache when trying to get us moved to premier status. I even paid for other member's membership fees to get us to that level. Now we hit a snag but I'm still brewing up ideas to get individuals up to the premier leagues because I feel guilty for asking y'all to pay for something that didn't happen. One idea I had was to ask the respective leadership of the premier leagues if we could be their feeder league. Even though my thought process was that BCS Chaos was the second best non-premier dynasty (behind Bowlin' For Roses) but as of late that is not the case. We have 'starter' leagues full of new guys are putting forth better effort than us.

If Ryno/Drifter came through to see what other leagues they would want premier, do you think the lethargic effort some have put forth would get the nod? Do you think any of the premier commishes would want to have Chaos as their feeder league in its current state? Probably not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't plan on being a fool a third time.

You guys don't know how many established guys hit me up to join this league. They saw Chaos and the things we were doing. They knew how special we were. We just have to get back to that. Either you ride with us until these wheels fall off or get off the bus. I don't care if your unknown outside of this dynasty or they give you your own forum, we need dedicated, active, sim players to keep the standards of traditionfootball and we won't settle for anything less. If you cannot meet the mininum standards of being apart of this league, what will you do when we go to set the standard?

I motion that we freeze the dynasty until we get activity from certain individuals in 'X' amount of time. I have no problem removing excess weight. But at the end of the day that will be our commish's decision. Just get back to our 'winning' ways and everything will turn out alright. Continue down this path and we will surely falter and perish.

Jerz

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I couldnt agree more. Yes i took and put up a half assed summary week one. It was all frustration with the way i played. Week 2 i had a bye week. This week i decided to post a small story and then post the scoring from my game. I have gotten to the point where i dont see the point of coming on here. This used to be the first dynasty i took and would log onto.

Yes i am taking and starting a dynasty for new members yet i will still take and make the contributions to this dynasty as well as my other leagues.

In case you guys didnt notice Heros to Zeros is on week 4 and they started over a week after we did. After next week if we ever get there is when i do my update on my contender/pretender and this one ill be able to do more with because i have more to work with.

I dont have time to do alot of the other content thats needed but if i have to i will as long as we get back to where we were. I agree if people dont want to contribute they need to get out of here. There are plenty of other guys who take and would come in here and contribute

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

BCS Chaos Top-25 coming soon after week 4

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I understand your situation. I've seen that you've been chosen to lead a league on TF, congrats. This wasn't directed to any one person,it was directed towards ALL of us. It doesn't bother me on advancing because that's not the issue. Some of those leagues that are 'ahead' of us are nowhere close to trying to put out as much content as we should. As one of the 'older' non premier leagues we have to set the standard. I want to visit our forums and see everything the premier leagues have and better. They only have signatures and front page access. We can mirror everything else they do, it just takes a team effort. I hate having to send individuals to Saturday Heroes/CoC for content/league ideas. Nothing against those leagues but I want us to be that example.

I sent you a message, nothing bad or anything like that... just a message

5. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

sorry but I couldnt disagree more with freezing the dynasty. Yeah it would be nice if everyone did do a little more with posting stuff. But everyone has their own life and gets busy and this is just a game. Its easy for me to get on here and post alot, because I dont have a family or kids or homework. All i do is go to work lol. The whole premier thing would be cool, but if its at the expense of cutting off dead weight to me its not worth it. Some of you guys play in other Dynasties too so its not a big deal for you too freeze it, you will just keep playing other leagues. I on the other hand come home from work everyday and check to see if its advanced and if you freeze it for a couple weeks or so im going to be pissed lol. I have a lot of fun on TF and especially this dynasty, but we gotta remember it is just a game..

6. NDCOLTS1979

You're right ben it is just a game. I have one of the busiest lives. I own a construction company which I leave at 5am for get home who knows when. I am in college and I have 3 kids. Have 4 dynastys and starting one. You have to remember TF guidelines state about content. There have been a couple new member apps rejected due to them saying they just want to play and not post. I totally understand not having time sometimes but every advance u r saying they don't need to get on and post something. Sorry don't by it. The way I see if people don't want to contribute on here there are a lot of dynastys that you can get into where all u do is play and that's it if that's what they are looking for. TF isn't just about playing games its also about content

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I dont think people should get away with not posting anything, I think that is one of the better parts of our dynasty..I guess my main complaint was freeing it cause your punishing the wrong people..mainly ME hahaha...,maybe you could start doing recruiting penalties or something..Jerzey and Jvig could be the NCAA lol ,no worries though you guys do what you need to do

8. NDCOLTS1979

I understand I don't want to freeze either. I say just kick them out and let who wants to post and be here stay here. I want this to be the league I can send all the new guys I have to and say look this is how its suppose to be like. Believe me this was the dynasty in last years game. It was booming big time with content and post. I want to at least make it to nov 6th so I can b slap ray lol

9. NDCOLTS1979

I know u weren't directing it at me I was just trying to make a point that things still need to be done. I have a lot going on on here and life I'm telling u what having a motorola droid is very counter productive at work on a roof. So if I fall off I am blaming all of u lol. Seriously though people need help with getting their content started or help getting it done let me know ill help get it done for u no buggie to me. I won't do it every single week for u but ill surely help

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

HAHAH dont slap him to hard..I will want some left for me (no homo)

11. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I'm going to look close at a few individuals activity in the forums tonight and if need be start trimming the fat. There is a lot of anxious new guys looking to get in and contribute.

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

You guys are totally correct. I feel bad about it and I will step up my game. I am gonna play catch up today on my content.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ummm..

Bam! Correct.

NCAA We Will Be

Word?

Me 2

Gay, lol