Stopping the Jump Catch

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by gowazzucougs, Aug 6, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It seems like every game I will be on defense having stop the opponent on first and second down, CPU or USER, then on third down I get burned on a deep pass that ends up being a jump ball. While the pass is in the air I switch to the CB, but I can't seem to get him to do what I want. Is anyone else having this problem, and how do I ddress it.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

For me the long deep ball always call for the (LB) button to swat it down, I just try to position myself in front of the receiver. You can also hold the button down a second before the ball gets there and the DB will jump and swat it automatically when it gets there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Im still working on this, You just have to time it right and do what Bl0nde said

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

So both of you are saying I should just try and swat, and not go for the pick.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

I've found when I go for the pick it always is more likely to go ever the DBs hands and end up in the receivers

6. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I never come with the pick unless im turned around.....It will take practice to get the swat down

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sometimes going for the tackle is the right thing to do too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Number one rule: get yourself in position. A pass interference is better than giving up the bomb.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have yet to get the pick either, even if you let the CPU control they come down with the catch. The best thing to do is swat that bitch down.

10. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

not the only one having trouble with this , my best advice is play off the ball to get in front of wide receiver , plus jump balls are tough it go either way.

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What's swat on PS3?

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

When you play against me, it's pulling the left joystick down towards you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The L1 button takes care of swats, and also rakes the receivers hands after a catch when contact is made.

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Did not know, thanks.

I feel the swat is always the best way to go but if your DB is in position and in front of the WR, you can kinda slow down a little and it's ok as you have priority and are going for the ball (irl rules I believe). Just make sure you aren't strafing or it'll be pass interference.

If I can get in front and slow down a little, I like my chances for the pick. Big IF since I'll be spazzing out the whole time and mashing buttons.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

For our league using the LB is especially more effective because our receivers are so shitty. In my game against Fever last night, just by hitting LB after his wide open receiver caught it, he ended up with 5+ drops from contact after the hit.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah you can rake it out of receivers arms pretty well this year if you just hold hte swat button when they are catching it.