Stopping the run - HELP!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigBodySS, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I've NEVER had this problem in the past but so far this year I've been getting absolutely smoked by the run. I'm not talking about 6-8YPC I mean 12-14YPC, from mediocre players. QBs are also eating me alive with the read option as my DLmen won't play it how I would like.

The biggest problem that I have is I come up and fill the initial hole but get steam rolled by 1-2 blockers every time and then none of my CPU guys are stepping up from the 2nd level.

How are you guys doing against the run and can you tell me how to not get gashed every play?

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

If your opponent has a scrambling qb, put QB Contain on aggressive and your DE will stay at home(like they're coached to do in the first place.)
    I have a lot of trouble stopping the run as well. Not the option though.

3. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I eventually was able to at least slow down the QBs by using adjustments but I still couldn't get anything to work on the RBs. Just straight leads are going for 11 a pop

4. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

What team are you using and who are you playing?

5. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I'm using FSU so I've got some stud DT's, I've played Virginia, Florida and Maryland. UF I understand b/c their running attack was so potent last year but the other two should not be this unstoppable.

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    That's pretty much the game this year. The run game is ridiculously good.

7. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Maybe we can lab some slider sets to tune it down a bit. I've been playing on default heisman and even mediocre RBs are way too good.

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I have found that you need to not over pursue. In every game you have always ad to just run right outside now you have to play your gap and fill the alley. Plus I try to keep as many guys around the LOS as possible

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

QB spys work well with read options I have realized. Just put on a spy from a lb then control another lb and do not over pursue. Strafe until a good alley comes and run the rb down.

• Like Like x 1