Strategy articles

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well are you guys say if I asked you to occasionally write a strategy article for the website ? As the original dynasty at tradition I would like to see us involved a little bit more in the overall scheme of things and I think it would be great if we could Throw out some nuggets that would be helpful for people trying to play effective yet sim football. 4 instance mboda or HotRod would you guys be willing to write an article about the endzone fade slash jumpball

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I can write an article about how to lose 9 straight user games in a premier league and remain sane.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Seriously, that would be cool. :)

I think people that are potentially interested in a league where it might be a challenge, could benefit from reading something like that.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Lets See here are some ideas....

• How to lose 6 National Title games
    • How to recruit with Penn State
    • How to throw interceptions at the absolute worst times.
    • How to run a run heavy offense
    • How to play "bend to break" defense
    • How to play mogriffjr
    • How to lose your cool in a dynasty game
    • How to keep your cool in a dynasty game
    • How to beat the monster CPU teams in your dynasty
    • How to deal with a devastating loss

Thats it off the top of my head.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I just threw a pretty choice fade TD and saved multiple camera angles and a pic. Maybe one of you guys can work them into your article. I could write something up as well on the topic, or on something else. If either of you two feel inclined to use them, here they are:

[​IMG]

In the first vid you can see how the timing of the QB's auto-drop back and little hop time the route perfectly, and give the ball a good trajectory. This was out of I-Twins vs man coverage. I split the TE out wide and wanted to attack the single-coverage mismatch. The RB ran to the opposite side of the field so he wouldnt take a defender underneath. I held the left thumbstick right+up when I pressed (basically tapped) the pass button. I switched to the TE as late as possible and held Y.

In the second vid, you can see the TE run the entire route and you can see where the TE was in his route when the ball was released. I play on a 20" tube TV and can hardly see what is going on with outside receivers, but the timing off the dropback worked to perfection here.

(Yes my QB is massive. 6'6 230ish)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hellisan How long would these things be? I think I could do something like this on running from under center or maybe contribute to one on user-controlling a 4-3 MLB.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think anywhere from 3 to 5 paragraphs on the short and would be fine