Strategy Pad/Quick Links vs. Y button

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PIMitch23, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PIMitch23

PIMitch23 Walk On

Played my game tonight against Matthew Keves; thoroughly enjoyed it; well played definitely on his part. I had a question about whether we have to use the strategy pad instead of having the option of using the Y button to set up our pre-snap offensive and defensive adjustments. It's not a game breaker so to say, but every Madden I've played since '04 that's how I've done my adjustments, so I thought I'd get others opinions/ideas on it and if it can be an option or not. Either way it's fine I'll just have to get used to it.

2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Unfortunately, I believe the settings are universal. It's been that way for a couple of seasons in Madden and usually I pick up NCAA first and it will take a week or so to transition. I think you should be able to set these the way YOU want to, don't get me wrong. I'm just under the impression that it is a universal setting for the league. On your own you can modify this though.

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

No, when you set your coaching profile prior to joining the league you will see a strategy quick guide toggle along with the auto strafe, auto sprint etc... This option needs to be set ON in order to use the old style of hot routes and adjustments. I don't believe you can change it once your in the league. But you can retire your coach, losing all your points however, but once you do it you can change this setting.

4. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

The winning answer:

go down to Strategy quick links and turn it "on", exit menu

Once that setting is turned on you will be back to your old familliar "Y" button style hot routes etc.

• Like Like x 1