Structure Suggestion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Drifterbub, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Structure Suggestion

I was recently thinking about this league and something occured to me: We would be mixing play with real life teams in with our created teams. I know we are going to be stuck in conference with beater teams, but I got to thinking about how neat it would be if all of our custom teams were tossed into a one conference setup?

It would almost function just like a high school district, in a sense. Where only our teams played our teams (exluding OOC games of course). With the conference championship game winner taking it all. The league would move at a slower pace (presumably), but I don't think it will move drastically slower. Plus, it might give some extra time to generate some hype and league content with regards to recruiting and game summaries. All-conference teams would consist of only our players, too.

What does everyone think? I know we already have a plan in mind, but I was thinking about the logistics of it all and it sparked my interest.

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Not a bad idea... I'm more in line with two conferences though. I dont want people to bow out of this dynasty because then we have these strange created teams forever in the NCAA that noone is even using.

From past dynasties, I know that participation and cooperation in a league tend to work better with several CPU vs User games. Slowing down the dynasty and creating an environment where you have to schedule every single game with another user will bog down this dynasty in my opinion and lead to its demise....

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Diggin, are you pre-ordering from gamestop and getting the extra 13 slots?

4. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Both Ideas sound good to me. I am going to order it off Amazon so I can have free shipping and will get it the day it comes out.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's an interesting idea and something I'd love to do, but it'd be tough to get so many games scheduled in a good amount of time.

It's end up being nearly a week for each week in the game, which means, in the end, while it would be fun as hell, it would actually kinda suck too because recruiting wouldn't mean as much because it probably wouldn't be more than a 3-4 season dynasty instead of a 6+ season dynasty where after 3-4 years, you have all new players and it really matters how well you did recruiting instead of how good your team was starting out.

6. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Wasn't planning on it... I figure it won't really make a difference since we can only have 12 in a dynasty anyway...

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Well, if you did, I could create some more teams and we can fill out two conferences with created teams. That way it's not Hungry Hippos vs TCU.

In fact, I was thinking about doing a lot of texas high school teams, so that should prove to be useful fodder.

What do you think?

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

If I'm not mistaken, you can only replace 12 teams.

If not, I plan on preordering the game from Gamestop to get the code. I could give it to Diggin if we wanted to do that.

9. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I would personally rather have the other teams all be the proper NCAA teams... but if you guys want two full conferences of created teams... that could work too...

Discussion?? haah

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I prefer NCAA.

11. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I would like the other teams to be NCAA teams.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Really? Just seems funny to me.

It's cool with me, I just thought I would bring it up...

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I agree, but whatever is really fine with me. I'm just anxious to get this shit started!