Stud Players: Your Opinion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Stud Players: Your Opinion

If you recruit a bonafide star.... do you redshirt him a year and let him become even more ridculous or do you start him right away...? I know it usually depends on your depth but do you always take that into consideration?

I usually redshirt them, the downside to this is you might only get to use them for two years as they could leave after their RS sophomore year.... the upside to redshirting them is their awareness usually improves greatly and their progression is usually awesome throughout their career.....

thoughts?

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

9/10 times I'll try and redshirt him. Really, the only exception is if he is a stud QB.

3. JrRawlins

lol, i redshirted my stud QB Keller... i havent regretted it so far as Clark has been pretty solid too spectular.... but if Keller leaves after two seasons i will be pissed...

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Matt Atkins played right away. Kris Hughes and Marvin Patterson are playing right away.

I'm a firm believer that if they can help out my team, I'll keep them active (which I think is very realistic). If he is buried in depth or I think I can get the production elsewhere, then I'll let him sit a year.

Kris Hughes was an interesting case because he changed my entire system. I'm building around this kid and hopefully I can line someone up to take over the reigns when he decides to go pro.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'll let you know when I get a stud.

6. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

sickest recruit ever..... that is all

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

A lot depends on the position, but normally I redshirt, regardless.

I haven't redshirted one player since taking over at UCLA and that is my 99 OVR rated CB Casey Thomas, who was like a 85 OVR when he signed on, and was my highest rated DB so he had to play right away.

I like to recruit 2 years in advance so that I don't have to recruit for need in any given year. This next year will be the exception since I have missed out on every QB that I have wanted over the last few years.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think Jason Parker may have him beat. I checked him out again this past week, the guy is like a 90 OVR as a true freshman, its just ridiculous.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Parkerrrrrrrrrr!

May my ghost forever haunt you Lawdog :D

10. JrRawlins

ill have to look at Parker again, but i think Atkins came in as a 89 drifter would know better.... as he won the all-out war for Atkins...

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Atkins was an 89. Progressed to a 95 OVR after three years with no in-season progression due to last year's bug.