Stud Recruits

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

If you recruit a bonafide star.... do you redshirt him a year and let him become even more ridculous or do you start him right away...? I know it usually depends on your depth but do you always take that into consideration?

I usually redshirt them, the downside to this is you might only get to use them for two years as they could leave after their RS sophomore year.... the upside to redshirting them is their awareness usually improves greatly and their progression is usually awesome throughout their career.....

thoughts?​

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I use realistic redshirting practices. If he can help me out, even as a role player, he is playing.

In real life, it's very rare to have studs come in and not play in some capacity. Even :4stars: and :3stars: guys on mid-tier teams usually play.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Typically it's case by case for me depending on my depth at the position. However I was thinking about this recently that maybe there needs to be a rule that five stars cannot redshirt. I think it's tough to find many examples where five stars red shirt in real life. One big thing they always look for in recruiting is playing time. And the reason they are a five star to begin with is because they are ready to contribute immediately. Granted I think the two exceptions are possibly qb and o line.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    If fatigue were actually a realistic factor it would make more sense for defensive players. Especially on the DL. 300 pounders busting ass for the entire game... yeah right.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

while i do typically redshirt these recruits 90 percent of the time... some guys get that must start treatment from me... where i am drooling over them for too long to let them sit another year...

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The way I recruit, it is rare for me not to redshirt a freshman... I usually address needs the season before I need them. Then they are ready to start as upgraded RS Fr. I have had a few exceptions... Manson, FS Hollins are 2 that spring to mind.

7. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

This year was the first year I had a 5-star RB on my team.

The only reason I redshirted him was because the starter was already better than him, and the backup was so close to him, ratings wise, that I could just use him.

I'm thinking I may have wasted the year because I'm guessing I'm going to run him to death his first two years he's on the team, and he's going to bolt for the NFL as soon as possible.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Usually, if I can recruit a stud at DB, even if he's third on the depth chart, he's playing and not redshirted.

The one case I did redshirt a DB was last season, Tate, he would have been fourth on my depth chart, and I just didn't see the need to waste a year.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've only ever gotten one stud recruit, and he started right away.