1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Stuff thats expensive for no damn reason....

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jkhaalis991, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Stuff thats expensive for no damn reason....

We ran out of milk today & I went to my local corner store to buy a gallon.
    When I buy milk it usually when I go food shopping so I just grab it & don't look at the price. Anyway went into the corner store, got a gallon of milk, took it the counter, pulled out like $2.50 think it was like $2.29, handed the lady the money, she says "Sorry, but thats $3.69." $3.69 for a gallon of milk!!!! I just shook my head handed her $5.00. Anybody else just shake their head at shit that is expensive for no damn reason?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

HDMI cables at BestBuy and other stores are like $60 - $120..........you can get them online for like $5.00.

wtf???

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

You can buy a breakfast at IKEA for 99 cents. That gives you an idea on how much every other restaurant is ripping you off.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Bestbuy has a 180% mark up on everything. Pisses me off that they prey on people who don't know anything about computers.

5. jkhaalis991

BestBuy is the worst. I almost brought my 47 inch TV from them for $1800.00, but my wife called right when the guy was getting the TV & said Walmart had the exact TV for $300.00 less.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

got mine from Best Buy. I got it the week before Thanksgiving knowing it would go on sale on Black Friday. So I went back to Best Buy the week after Thanksgiving so I would miss the huge rush of Black Friday customers, and saved over 700 :)

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

The longer you stay at IKEA or any store for that matter your going to spend more. So, if they lose a little on breakfast you make it up on that cool end table or sofa you walk out with.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Jkhaalis991 did you get your TV price matched or did you go to Walmart? Sandman did you get 10% off of that amount aswell. Sometimes you can get an additional off if there is a lower price.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Aint that the truth. My girlfriend always wants to go to the IKEA just to get some ideas.:rolleyes: So I drive all the way to the other side of the valley and end up purchasing a bunch of candle holders and knick knacks that end up in the garage. But then I get to go to Frys Electronics just up the road and splurge on myself!

10. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

You can get breakfast at a furniture store????? I have no idea what is in IKEA as we don't have them here, so i am just curious.

11. Razcalking1978

Yeah, swedish furniture store - it's freakin' massive. You sort of go on a tour through dozens of stylish apartments they have built within the place, and all of the furniture out on display as well.

But the food is damn cheap - 50 cent hotdogs, 25 cent ice cream, that sort of thing.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You had me at 50 cent hot dogs.

13. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Wow, need to see if we have one of those around here...

14. jkhaalis991

Yea Ikea is big here on the east coast. Its like the Walmart of furniture stores.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For some reason, soda is getting greatly more expensive right now. Even Albertsons had their off brand soda for $1.19, whereas jsut a few weeks ago it was $0.79.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    you said valley, i thought u was from PA lol...are you?

I remember going into ikea, they had the breakfast in like vending machines with a microwave in the dining area...yummy sausage biscuits...

17. Razcalking1978

Really? It's a full restaurant setup here - kind of like a hot swedish buffet :D

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I heard you have to go to the clinic after you stop at the "hot Swedish buffet"...just saying.:)

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

thats the ikea that i go to. the best part of ikea is that all forur wheels on the carts swivel, so you can spin them push them sideways all kinds of crazy things I never thought was possible with a cart.