Sub issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Mar 16, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Sub issues

I dont know if this was ever discussed, but I want to get your thougths on my dilemma here. I played winuvas yesterday. I was up 28-0 at half and it could have been worse, but i backed off. the game booted us both out as the half expired. Now he doesnt want to play and may even go as far as retiring. Should I really be forced to play a sub, when clearly the game was in hand? Even if it weren't me, should anyone in this type of situation be forced to play a sub when the game is done and over?

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Thats a tough one. To keep from any confusion I would say play a sub. Lets say Winuvas did want to re-play, you would have too. So I think yes you still have to play a sub. Of course the bigger problem here is that winuvas doesn't want to play his game over. Which I don't blame him I probably would rather just take a sim loss at that point. I'm fine either way on this. I just think to keep it fair and balanced you should have to play a sub or just sim the game.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

28-0 at half.
    Play CPU.

Bigger issue, whats up with Winuvas?

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, let me attempt to clear up the confusion.

First off, I did not want to play yesterday at all, but Nate seemed insistent on it, so I jumped online. I was not in a right mind to play, and in all fairness should have declined since we were set up to play on Tuesday anyway. After the first play from scrimmage where Keller broke two tackles up the middle and ran 70 yards, I was mentally done. I didn't want to continue playing, but was going to trudge through and take the loss like a man.

Then we got disconnected at halftime. I told Nate via AIM to just play the CPU, that I was burned out. I'm honestly not feeling like I'm improving any as a Madden player, and I feel like about 2/3 of the ownership groups in this league are better overall players than me. Nate said we could just replay or straight sim, which personally speaking is not fair to him. He was whooping me. Badly. And I was honestly debating on asking him to quit and let him finish against CPU.

As far as leaving goes, unfortunately I don't know if I could. As co-commish and capologist, I sort of feel like I have to be here. And when you look on paper and see a team on offense that should be performing better than 20 points in two games worth of play. I guarantee you that as far as offensively speaking, you put this team in the hands of Jeremy, Nate, Gaddy, Dunlap, anybody just about, they'd have no problem scoring 40+ points a game. And quite frankly, even with a top 10 defense, it's hard to keep getting motivated to play when you feel like you're gonna get beat cause you can't score.

To get back to the original point, in this case, I would say you should get a CPU game since the game was WELL in hand at halftime. There should be no substitute. The Bucs deserve a butt whooping and they should get one with CPU at the helm.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Well this near same situation occured with dunalp last week. Jerzey QUIT and the game was simmed. Dunlap should of played the CPU or a sub play the CPU for Dunlap if he was out of town before the advance. Dunlap could of a lost a critical game in which he was up 20-0 in the third quarter because it was simmed.

Certain situations call for different solutions. When someone is clearly up and winning they should be able to play the CPU in the events of a disconnect or quit by the losing team. This is of course if both teams choose not to replay, or the loser does not want to replay. These games take atleast an hour out of the day and while fun, are not easy to just restart and play again.

6. natedawg212000

well i will play winuvas again, i wont play a sub, i'll jut take my chances with a sim i guess. no offense, but the game was done, no matter what excuse he uses. Kinda pisses me off a bit that you said i was 'insistent'. only 'insistent' was asking if you wanted to play or not. i didnt have time for the darn game either, but i was trying to squeeze it in, why? cause i dont know if i can be on tonight or not and i am leaving out of town tomorrow. whatever, just tell me if you want to play, if not till sim the stupid thing. I will also make winuvas the commish after tonight so that the league can be advanced.

7. Jeremy

Lets discuss something of this nature.

1st Qtr
    Complete restart in any situation.

2nd Qtr.
    If winning by more than 35pts. and losing team disconnects or game is dropped by EA Server, winning team continues vs CPU or replays vs CPU.

3rd Qtr
    If winning by more than 28pts. and losing team disconnects or game is dropped by EA Server, winning team continues vs CPU or replays vs CPU.

4th Qtr
    If winning by more than 28pts. and losing team disconnects or game is dropped by EA Server, winning team continues vs CPU or replays vs CPU.

If winning team disconnects complete restart in all situations.

These are the numbers that first come to mind but with debate Im sure we can fine tune them. Also, winning player can decide for himself to choose a complete restart regardless of score or time remaining. BUT, he gives up all rights to use the above rules if the restarted game has different outcome.

8. natedawg212000

I also liked your idea jermey of if it dc's at half, to play another half and if the losing team didn't come back then the winning team finishes the 2nd half vs cpu.

9. Jeremy

Yea Nate, I have done this two or three times in this league.

One instance, I was up 21 with less than one minute to go in 1st half and I had the ball when game disconnected.

We restarted game with me having a 21 point cushion. We then played first half like it was second and my opponent had to at least outscore me in that half by 21. He didnt and I was official winner. He then decided to finish out game and he worked his run game and I did same and we just milked the second half and ran out the clock.

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

That sound all fine and dandy until you have some say they were up 28 points and the other coach said it was 20. I feel like rules like that just open up the league to more drama. I agree with what your saying but not sure if making it law is right.

11. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

That sound all fine and dandy until you have some say they were up 28 points and the other coach said it was 20. I feel like rules like that just open up the league to more drama. I agree with what your saying but not sure if making it law is right. We have no way to prove the score when games get disconnected. I do feel the majority will man up and admit they were beat. but theres always a select few. Maybe if losing manager agrees to a sim after disconnect then they should play CPU. IF not it should be replayed or str8 simmed. Also if game is out of hand early losing team should be able to forfeit by quiting game and letting winning player continue game vs CPU, though this should be admitted to in the forums.

12. natedawg212000

guys, i think we need to re-look at this system. i am starting to really be against having stud subs to play for teams who don't show up. i think we should talk about and consider going to a sub system where the guy who has to play a sub, finds his own sub and sets it up with me. its very late, and i need to play catch up here tomorrow, but my short version of this is because I had a horrible game vs the lions owner, dunn had to get a sub because of a issue at work for claven and was forced to play gaddy. imo, this current system isn't very fair. Let's just talk and see what you guys think.

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Damn Gaddy I told him I didn't want to win. DAMN! Your right Nate I wouldn't want to play any of the people in AFC, I think I'd rather gamble with a str8 sim. That being said in the case of my game last night. Gaddy was the only Sub on AIM last night and it was the last night to get game in. Maybe in that case we just let the person play the cpu. Thats what I wanted to do. But I didn't want to go against the sub policy we put in place so I grabbed Gaddy to play for me. Im up for any ideas on this one.

14. natedawg212000

i think guys should take a sim, or just find their own sub with the restrictions that we put on them. such as, it must be someone that you do not play, someone outside of a vested interest in losing on purpose, ect.

15. Jeremy

Where do we stand on this. Looks like Im playing a sub this week with Maij having family emergency.

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was never really a big fan of subs. I have always thought that if someone can't make their game, the other team should get to play the CPU. If not, I would rather see a straight SIM route. I know it isn't popular, but IMO it is the most fair way.

17. natedawg212000

Ok, I will begin a new rules committee thread for us to talk about a new suggestion that I have. The discussion between non-voting rules committee guys can continue here.