Succession Plan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

All,

I'm stepping down as commissioner. Given the amount of bugs and heartache in this years game and my complete lack of time for properly managing it I am stepping down. There are many factors that go into this, not the least of which the news that Buffalo is going to be forced to relocate due to bugs within the game. What momentum I had going into this week to try and have fun with the game went completely in reverse when I heard that news. I'm sick of trying to cover up for a bunch of inadequacies in the game. I felt better last week about my decision to stick around but that news is just too much for me. The game is literally zero fun.

My suggestion is for you guys to work with Freakskull to come up with a succession plan - I'm leaving the virtual keys, so to speak, with him. With Mozaaik on the brink and myself stepping down there is a vacuum that needs to be filled but I'm sure you guys will come to a resolution.

I will still be around chat and such as I do still enjoy most if not everyone in the league but I cannot continue slogging along with the game in this sorry of a state. I'm sorry I failed to deliver guys.

McStrauss
    arlennnn
    DevilDog1108
    Freakskull
    Hurricane GL
    akutozo
    kjm007
    RFF
    GridIRONguru614
    Wyrmreaver
    Hordan54
    Automatik
    Craig
    nicknicknick5
    XWarriorMonk
    Masterfocker
    RaiderRed90
    iBO
    Jonathan Applegate
    GDip
    BigK44
    hskr8128
    Jeremy Rasmussen
    greatnessdc
    Coachmedicis
    RaunchyTacoBowl
    seanisgreat87
    RyanRain39
    DadiBlanki
    Mozaaik
    johngalt10

jay2149
    JJphil
    xSavedByGracex
    @swagkingcole

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. McStrauss

McStrauss Walk On

:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DadiBlanki

DadiBlanki Walk On

I've been contemplating leaving as well. New role in job is keeping me away from family. Is this really the demise of HAW?

4. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I don't like this at all. Was gonna disagree with it but I know how much you hate negative karma...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

No, this is not the demise of the league as a whole

6. DadiBlanki

DadiBlanki Walk On

I sure hope not. Would love to see this thing stay for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

Unfortunate news. Sorry Keller.

Still, I do not see this league slowing down gentlemen. One user does not make or break the league. We are a tight knit group and most of us have been together for over year.

Let's get some nominations for a new commissioner and keep this train rolling.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I don't plan on leaving, and will "run" the file until we all decide what is best. I encourage you to stay if you can.

• Like Like x 4
  9. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

• Like Like x 1
  10. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

While I am new to HAW and just met you Keller I want to thank you for all of your help when I joined. You most definitely took some of the anxiety away when joining, and everyone I have spoke with or played with so far has been a class act.

• Like Like x 1
  11. johngalt10

johngalt10 Walk On

So we just need to figure out one more commissioner that would either be the AFC commish and Freakskull will be the overall commish or we vote on the overall commish and freak and Mozaaik stay as conference leaders (unless one is voted overall, guessing moz wouldn't want to be in the running).

Some names that come to mind for me

greatnessdc
    XWarriorMonk
    Wyrmreaver

12. Freakskull

In my 23 years experience in the Air Force, I learned that you should always be prepared. Here is the interim plan until decided otherwise:

I will move to Commisioner
    Moz will be Consigliore (for all the time he has left)
    Akutozo: Consigliore in Training
    AFC Commisioner: XWarriorMonkX (Troy)
    NFC Commisioner: RaiderRed (After I discuss it with Coach)
    CEO of Sim Play: Wyrmreaver

Nothing changes in the interim, Trades may be a little more lenient, and forward all unresolved matters to me when available.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Well, that's a first step.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What's this Buffalo bug you speak of with relocation?

15. akutozo

Specific to owner mode, if relocation's are set to on and you advance past week 5, you're locked into moving your team if CPU determines that you should. Even ignoring the prompt will result in the CPU deciding a city for you to locate in and continue the process.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Freakskull

In CFM, some teams start the relocation process by themselves, even though they have an active owner. if relocation is not turned off, the team moves without input or control of the owner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I was tagged?

Well....I'm always willing to return if there is an opening that needs filled.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Keller you have created a great league and I thank you for all you've done. There is no one in this league I respect more then Freakskull and Mozaaik so I hope you guys stick around and lead us through this.

If it is any help, I think greatnessdc and XWarriorMonk would make great additions to the leadership team.

If you guys need anything, just let me know

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. akutozo

Bottom Line

We're a community of people who have worked together to create a fun league. We get a place to relax and talk during the day, people to talk football with, a few people to go out and have a beer with when you happen to be in town. Keller leaving, or even a few others will not end HaW.

What we need to keep in perspective is that we are a community, and like any community, there are people who we may not necessarily like, agree with or even enjoy talking to. The beautiful thing is that you don't have to. We all came here for the same reason: Offline CFM just isn't as fun as online. Dealing trades with real people, getting to be your own announcer, create headlines, be respected and be disrespected, put someone in their place on the gridiron... you don't get that offline.

So no matter how much in the next few days you feel like just saying "F it" and leave, just remember that you came here to play football games with other people and not worry about them playing the same trick play over and over and over and lobbing to Gronk 8 times for 600 yards in a single game, and you stayed because you met good people, who had a common hobby and no matter how much this moment annoys, frustrates and bothers you the culmination will become a stronger league, which is only for our betterment.

For the people that will leave, and have left, I hope you stick around and see what we do with this place for better or worse and maybe at some point later on you'll realize you want to come back. Just remember, you're part of this community whether your username is active on a roster or not. You came here, you helped build it, and we made it. That will never change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  20. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I appreciate the compliments guys but I'm one foot out the door myself. I'm giving it some time to see how things go before I make a final choice

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  21. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

First off Keller thank you for creating this league and allowing me to be a part of it. I'm glad to have come here and have enjoyed my experience.

Freakskull hskr8128 thank you guys for the fun times in the AFC North, it was a blast playing you guys and I'll miss those games the most from my HaW days.

With that said, I have decided to not take the authority that Freak has offered me and step away from the league completely.

I'm not gonna write a long sappy message telling everyone goodbye, but I wish everyone the best of luck and it has been fun getting to know everyone here and playing with you guys.

Farewell

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Why?

• Like Like x 2
  23. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ive been around TSO for long enough to see quite a few leagues change leadership. This is nothing new and as long as people stay committed to making this thing work, we will truck right along.

I hate to see great members drop because of this, although I understand those who were on the brink anyways ( we will miss you Mozaaik). Dont sweat it guys! Give it 2 weeks and we will be trucking along like normal

• Like Like x 2
  24. RFF

RFF Walk On

I plan to stick around until the day I leave.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yogi Berra would be proud of that statement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1