Successors 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by drowsike, Jul 3, 2010.

1. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Successors 2010-2011

Who will be the Best Successor?

[​IMG]

Garrett Gilbert

Appeared in 10 games at quarterback ... completed 30-of-66 passes for 310 yards and two TDs ... connected on 4-of-5 passes for 46 yards and scored on a 12-yard TD run against ULM ... completed 2-of-3 passes for 16 yards at Wyoming ... completed 5-of-6 passes for 49 yards against UTEP ... connected on his only pass attempt of the game for two yards against Colorado ... completed 1-of-2 passes for five yards at Oklahoma State ... connected on 2-of-5 passing for six yards at Baylor ... replaced an injured Colt McCoy after five plays in the BCS Championship game versus No. 1 Alabama ... went 15-of-40 for 186 yards and two TDs ... completed 11-of-24 attempts for 162 yards and two TDs in the second half ... his 44-yard TD pass near the end of the third quarter and 28-yard TD connection midway through the fourth, both to Jordan Shipley, brought the Horns within three at 24-21 with 6:15 left to play ... completed 7-of-8 passes for 64 yards in leading UT on a nine-play, 65-yard TD drive that brought UT within a field goal.

[​IMG]

Landry Jones

Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year honorable mention by league's coaches and All-Big 12 Freshman by ESPN.com ... became starter after Sam Bradford went out with an injury ... earned first career start against Idaho State and responded with three touchdown passes ... his 418 passing yards in the Sun Bowl vs. Stanford set a Sooner bowl record and rated as the second-best total in Sun Bowl history ... completed 30-of-51 passes with three touchdowns and one interception against the Cardinal ... threw a school-record six touchdown passes against Tulsa (previous mark of five was held by two Heisman winners, Sam Bradford and Jason White, and a Heisman runner-up, Josh Heupel) ... had six games with multiple touchdown passes ... led all freshmen nationally with 26 TD passes and 3,198 passing yards ... eclipsed Sam Bradford's freshman passing yards mark at OU (previous best was 3,121 yards) .... tied the school record for pass attempts with 58 vs. Nebraska ... threw for 392 yards against Texas A&M, 336 vs. Tulsa ... had a career-long rush of 15 yards against Kansas.

[​IMG]

John Brantley

Dressed for every game and saw action in seven (Charleston Southern, Troy, Kentucky, Georgia, Vanderbilt, FIU and FSU)…Finished the season 36-for-48 for 410 yards, seven touchdowns and zero interceptions…Also tallied 67 rushing yards on 13 carries…Connected on both of his pass attempts against FSU, tallying 13 yards…Was 9-for-13 and set career marks with 146 passing yards and three touchdowns against FIU, connecting with Omarius Hines and Justin Williams…Also found Frankie Hammond, Jr. in the endzone on fourth down and 11 in the final quarter…Tallied 23 yards on three carries on the ground against the Golden Panthers…Went 3-for-3 for 19 yards to finish off a 27-3 victory over Vanderbilt in Gainesville…Was 4-for-6 for 30 yards at Kentucky, including an eight-yard scoring toss to Riley Cooper…Had a career-high 10 completions on 12 attempts for a career-high 135 yards while also connecting with Mike Gillislee on a six-yard toss for a touchdown in the win against Troy…Set then-career highs after going eight-of-12 for 67 yards and a career-high two touchdowns against Charleston Southern, connecting with Justin Williams and Cade Holliday for the receivers’ first career scores…Also set career marks in rushing against the Buccaneers with six attempts for 40 yards, including a 23-yard carry.

Who you guys got?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Landry Jones by far. Bradford got hurt pretty early and he actually had 10 starts. This will basically be his second year as starting QB.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

YOU KNOW WHO I GOT!

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I think its going to be Garrett Gilbert. What he showed in the BCS champ game was enough to win me over for this season. I think coach DrunkenSoldier is gonna have him ready to play

5. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Out of the three listed, I would have to say Landry Jones. Like Jerzey pointed out, he has the experience and is comfortable in the system. It seems like both Florida and Texas are going to be tweaking their offensive systems to compensate for losing their QB's. Texas will become more run oriented and Florida will rely less on QB running.

However, I think that the best successor will not be any of those three. My pick is Jared Crick, replacing Ndamukong Suh on the Blackshirt's defensive line. Despite playing in Suh's shadow, Crick managed to put up solid defensive numbers. In fact, he broke the single game sack record for Nebraska against Baylor last year with five sacks in the game.

[​IMG]

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Spliff I love how you threw your team out there, lol.

7. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Gotta get 'em in when I can :)

8. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Stats wise it will be Landry Jones. Oklahoma QBs always put up sick up numbers. Unfortunate as it is for us Vols fans, ive heard nothing but great things about Brantely. I think he along with Gilbert will shine, but Jones will out stat them.

9. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Brantley will be good as well... pretty sure Demps will inflate some numbers by taking small dumpoffs to the house

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I think your right and i definitely like to throw the ball (because im losing most of the Time) He should put up good numbers and hopefully i can keep the INT's down