Sucky old music

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sucky old music

I'm sure there are people who love some of the old classics and I do love some of 'em. I love Louis Armstrong, Bing Crosby, a good deal of old rock, etc.

But certain bands and acts I've just never been able to shake the opinion that they totally fucking SUCK. And these aren't small names. I've tried. Believe me, I've downloaded a ton of their just stuff and set it to mix... And listened for hours on end hoping to acquire the taste and see the brilliance that's so apparent to many others.

Does anybody else agree?

The Beatles: Sound like a bunch of children. When any of them have ever gone solo, it sounds like a solo child. The music is good, but not incredible. How is this supposedly the #1 band of all time? I'm fucking lost. Honestly, the most interesting thing about them is the whole Paul McCartney conspiracy theory.

Bob Dylan: Lisp. Horrible voice. Average music. Repetitive songs. Awful. How is this guy constantly moving up the "all time" lists?

I think I'm done trying, while working an all nighter this is all I've been listening to and it's driving me insane.

If you tell me where I'm missing the boat I promise I'll listen and take some constructive criticism.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've always thought the Beatles were way overrated.

Now The Stones...

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't understand the love for The Beatles either quite frankly. Awful, awful music in my opinion. Not to mention Paul McCartney is a giant scumbag.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Does your screen name have anything to do with Bob Dylan? Sorry... I'm not good with some pop references if I'm missing the real meaning. Let me know if you like him, and what I should be looking for. I like him a lot more than the Beatles.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Imagine, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, She Loves You.

I like all those songs. There are a lot of crappy Beatles songs though. If I grew up back then I'd have been into all the psychedelic stuff. Beatles were for girls;)

Plus, I would have only had to wait a couple of years for Black Sabbath Paranoid 1970. I jam that album to this very day.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I hate the Beatles.

Bob Dylan's songs are good though. /shrug

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haven't listened to much Bob Dylan in my time, but Beatles I have been able to acquire a taste for.

Favorite oldies though? any song from Fallout 3 :)

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Bob Dylan has made some of the greatest songs of all time easily

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I can't stand the Beatles. They were a sensation more than groundbreaking musicians. As annoying as Elvis followers are, at least he was talented. Ringo star is a far better drummer nowadays now that he is forced to play more than a snare, high-hat and bass drum. I really don't care much for that whole era of "pop" music, though.

Just think where this country would be if we didn't have a lapse for two decades of worth less shitheads who cared more about drum circles and lame music than living a productive life.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    And I know it sounds weird, but I like Van Morrison more than Bob Dylan. Some people compare them, some don't.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You know who sucks? Godsmack sucks.

They have released the same song like 20 times, but change the lyrics a little and slightly change the riff's and call it a new song and the kids love it.

It's like they just put the word bitch in a different place in the same song, and boom! new track.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I stand alone and Awake are awesome songs by Godsmack...

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

nothing by Godsmack is good IMO lol.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

80's music FTMFW

"Video killed the Radio Star"

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Its just opinions, I like a few Godsmack songs. I guess if you find that funny that is you.

16. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I grew up during the 70's and there were alot of Bands, and some of their songs sucked or it was good. the 80's really brought out the Pop Music era, but bands like Bon Jovi and Metallica and Def lepperd caught my attention. the 90's Brought on a ton of Heavy Rock songs like Nirvana and others. Now I will admit i like the Beatles songs, but for the media stuff (News of breakup) I could care less. I like Bands for the Music not what happens when they make the News.

17. DirtycashDylan

Nah, I was named after Dylan Thomas.

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Bob Dylan is good, but overrated definitely. His lyrics and songwriting have people sucking his dick, but his voice is average for sure. John Hiatt is someone very similar to Dylan who I think is better, but doesn't get a lot of attention.

The Beatles are pretty good, IMO. Definitely nowhere near a great band, though. They were more iconic for the trends they started setting in music, and were the first Jonas Brothers out there basically with teenage girls. Since I smoke weed, the Beatles later acid-trippy stuff is what I listen to, not their pop roots.

Other bands I've always thought were overrated (doesn't mean I don't like them or some of their songs): Rolling Stones, BOB MARLEY (most overrated musician in history), any 80s band but particularly Van Halen, any 60s Brit-pop band (Monkees, etc.), and The Who

I wish music didn't blow today...any mainstream music these days seems to suck major ass, especially in the pop scene. If I hear Katy Perry doing that "ooOOo000ooo000hhh" in California Girls again I'll kill someone, and don't get me started on Ladyboy Gaga

Obviously bands like Godsmack, Tool, Nickelback, etc. pretty much suck and throw out the same garbage every few years, but that's real easy to avoid. Top 40 pop, though, isn't.

19. DirtycashDylan

DeafPoliceman-good taste in film/tv, bad taste in music. Putting Tool in with Nickelback and Godsmack? 4real?

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah IMO Tool is an awesome band, they're actually my favorite band, lol.

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

Lol did I put Tool? My bad I was thinking Disturbed. Tool isn't my cup of tea but they arent awful. And I guarantee my taste in music isn't bad, I just don't listen to anything anybody else does lol

22. DirtycashDylan

Disturbed is definitely horrible. How long can that lead singer get by on monkey noises?

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

You can say that about 50% of hardcore/metal/rock bands these days

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Avenged Sevenfold and All That Remains anybody?

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

DAISEY DUKES, BIKINIS ON TOP!!!!!
    I ROCK THIS SONG ALL THE TIME!