Suggested new rule

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by xtreme snoopy, Apr 18, 2010.

?

To ban or not to ban?

1. Yes, play is cheese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the play is fair

22.2%
  3. Other

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Suggested new rule

This came up in the game between me and nik and I wanted to throw this to a vote. The play in question is a direct QB run out of the shotgun in 4 and 5 wide sets. My argument against it is that when someones running a 4 to 5 wide, basically any LBs in the box spread out of the box leavin at most 5 but usually 4 in the box and its an automatic 7 yards easy. In my view its particularly cheesy when 4-5 wide sets are being run all game. I have no problem with outside QB runs or draws but the direct run will avg more yards than an under center option and running it between the tackles. Thoughts anyone?

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Eh, I voted "fair" but only if it is used sparingly.

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

2. Your QB can't scramble prematurely.
    - You have to be under duress, be running a designed QB run/rollout/option, or have waited a decent amount of time with no one open. In other words, you can never, EVER, call a passing play with no intention of passing. Also, I don't want to see you call a deep pass and start shifting to the sideline because you want to keep your eyes down field. Don't leave the pocket unless there is a reason.

not exactly sure as I didn't see the play but this is from the rule book.

4. DirtycashDylan

Is it a direct snap to the RB? Is that the designed play?

5. xtreme snoopy

I'm pretty sure its a designed QB run up the middle (I dont know exactly what Playbook he was using so Nik would have to clarify) because the linemen went to block up field. Essentially its the direct snap to the RB as theres no dropback or fake or anything

6. DirtycashDylan

so like a QB Draw?

7. xtreme snoopy

yes but without the draw.... just a QB run

8. DirtycashDylan

you shoulda saved a video because I have no idea what you're talking about

9. DirtycashDylan

sounds cheezy though

10. fuzzyl0gic

I just have a hard time believing Nik would cheese, lol. Chime in here buddy.

11. DirtycashDylan

Really? When you ran that Wildcat with the play clock down to do a direct snap, you blamed it on Nik. Not to call you out or anything :D

12. xtreme snoopy

saved a video... really doesnt give good perspective on it because the QB is already 3 yards down field when it starts

13. fuzzyl0gic

That would be because I don't think that is cheesey. (y)

14. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I know what play your talking about. It's a qb blast. Most likely from Florida's playbook or Mississippi State's. It is basically like an Iso but with the QB, no lead blocker, and it's run out of a five wide set. I don't think it's cheese, but it should be used sparingly (10 or less times a game.) IMO, it is a good play but should be used correctly and to the user's and opponent's discresion.

15. DirtycashDylan

Since Nik is too scared to speak up, he said that you kept rushing out your Dline and that was his answer to get you to stop.

Nik and I talked about that very play after our game when we were watching highlights. He rushed out his line and the middle of the field was totally vacated, and my QB has 89 speed. But of course, I was only looking down field and not really thinking of running. I mentioned that if I woulda just ran forward I woulda gained 15 yards and he agreed and said he wouldn't have rushed out anymore if I did that even once.

In other words, I don't think it's cheese in this situation considering what the defense was doing.

16. xtreme snoopy

my line rushed out maybe 6-7 times and was always mixed with collapsing the D-line as well. the line fanning out is also not the reason for the play's success but the fact that when 4-5 wide sets are being run all game a large portion of defensive plays are going to end up being a 3-2-6 or a 4-1-5 dime in order to defend the pass. when this happens that leaves a maximum of 5 in the box or sometimes less as the linebackers fan out of the box to cover the extra recievers. I just dont see how we can say pass commit gives an unfair advantage yet this is completely fair while giving an extraordinary advantage to the offense

17. fuzzyl0gic

If there was a thank button, I'd thank you twice.

18. DirtycashDylan

I locked this thread because I was tired of people voting and it being ttt.

This is an example of what NOT to do this year. From now on, if you have a problem with what someone is doing you should pause the game and talk to them first. If you can't resolve the issue, finish the game and save a video or two and come to me.

I've played in a dynasty where users aired their grievances in a public forum and it's a no-win situation.

Again, talk to the opponent in a mature way, save the highlight, talk to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.