Suggested Slider Change

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Dec 20, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

GOTCHA! ;)

Another successful week in Madden brings about another edition of A Look Inside the 12th Man. This edition will focus solely on hot/cold teams to recognize those owners who have their teams playing great and also those playing not so great.

On Fire

[​IMG]
    How can you mention a hot team by not mentioning this team? The Packers are plowing (that's for you Troy ;) ) through their schedule and remain the last undefeated team in the league. Having personally played this team, the most impressive thing about this team is the fact they can win any game whether it be a shootout or a ground it out game. The Packers will be a tough out for anybody.

[​IMG]
    Winners of 5 in a row, the Titans currently stand at 6-2 and 2nd in the AFC South due to tiebreakers. Posting a -24 point differential it's tough to grasp how this team stands at 6-2 but if anything this team is living proof that numbers don't always tell the whole story. The Titans are primed for a playoff run but will have a tough time in the tough AFC.

[​IMG]
    After downing the Chiefs in my previous edition, it's only right that I give them credit for turning their season around so quickly. The Chiefs are currently 6-3 after winning 4 in a row and sit alone atop the AFC West. It appears whatever speech Coach Javy gave his team worked as their defense has been playing lights out and they have gotten the running game going, the same thing that lead them to a dominant season 1.

HEATING UP

[​IMG]
    Winners of 3 in a row and sitting at 6-3, the Pats appear to be hitting their stride. The defense is much improved and is getting after opposing quarterbacks and the offense is doing enough to get the job done. Their is still room to improve if this team wants to fulfill Coach Pope's preseason prediction of a Super Bowl victory.

[​IMG]
    Also winners of 3 straight, the Steelers sit at 5-4 in a crowded AFC North in which every team is separated by.5 games. With the division literally being up for anyone to grab, and the 2nd half of the season still to play the Steelers are in prime position to take control if they continue their hot streak.

GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION
    [​IMG]
    After starting 3-0, the Bills have gone on to lose 6 in a row to sit at 3-6. Coming off a season in which they made it to the Super Bowl, we were expecting big things from the Bills this season but they cannot regain the magic they had in season 2.

[​IMG]
    After 2 huge early season victories over their hated rival Kansas City Chiefs and Coach Miki vowing this team was different, we were thinking the Raiders were going to be a major player this season. However, after a current 3 game losing streak the Raiders sit at 4-5 and 3rd in the competitive AFC West as their hopes of making the playoffs are dwindling as each week goes on.

[​IMG]
    It appears the Bears and Chiefs have switched places following the last edition of A Look Inside the 12th man. After a hot 4-0 start, the Bears have gone on to lose 4 in a row and have dropped to 3rd in the NFC North. The Bears will probably not catch the Packers for the division crown but can possibly grab a wildcard spot if they can somehow turn their season around.

Well there you have it, another edition of A Look Inside the 12th Man. Stay tuned next week for another look inside the league.

• Like Like x 7
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

You got me at the topic heading! Well done Curtis!

• Like Like x 1
  3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm suddenly in the mood for White Castles again...

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

had to figure out a way to drive traffic to the post lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Nice Curtis nice, my team after a confusing/injury prone season. They are back on track, I can honestly say we have lost 2 of the last 4 games. Apparantly my team is not as great as other come sim wins, even when the opposite team has given the white flag. So be ready next week as we dont plan on loosing anymore;) "Hopefully" :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

damn Moe .....u had to mention White Castle:mad:..........................i miss it so much.

7. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

By the way....great post Curtis......on behalf of the Chiefs Family we want to thank you for making this great list again. It always an honor to be part of this .....................:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

The Raiders suck big time, dudes cant stop anyone... if u are having problems offensively all u have to do is play them sorry ass Raiders. If only my DBs would make a play on the ball and pick it off for a change.

Could u believe that my team has only 2 INTs on the season? That's 2 INTs on freaking 9 games... unreal...

Every time i see people talk about how man coverage is unstoppable i laugh so hard cuz i have played a lot of man coverage and people are still getting wide open guys left and right...

My team may not have the best record but they for sure have the best drop to int ratio...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

disclaimer to my post: At least my games are filled with drama and are decided on the last possession, unfortunately it aint the Raiders wining them though...

10. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

AT LEAST HE'S HONEST...............THATS WHY HE'S MY HOMEBOY . oN BEHALF OF THE AFC WEST WE WANT TO THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING THIS YEAR ...SEE YA NEXT YEAR :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Im going to black mail your ass... i will make a short post telling everyone how to beat u (I may suck but i know how to beat them Chiefs) if u don't show me how to play some defense...

• Like Like x 1
  12. thafuture3886

hahahaha that's cold

13. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Always a fun read, Curtis. A great spin on the league. I knew the thread title was a hoax because YOU were the one who posted it. ;)

Trust me, Mike, I feel your pain. I get burned on man and zone regardless. We'll get things turned around. Even if we don't, we'll still having fun trying to kick somebody's ass unexpectedly and possibly ruin somebody's playoff hopes. :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  14. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

^............THIS GUY ALWAYS IS POLITICALLY CORRECT :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. thafuture3886

:cool:

16. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

[​IMG]

17. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I could not understand how I lost last night until I saw this post. Thank you Curtis for Jinxing me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. thafuture3886

It's what i'm here for :D

19. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great read as usual Curtis.

Love the thread's name ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. thafuture3886

Don't think i didn't notice your record lol. You just didn't have a long enough streak to make the list. But i see you lurking ;)

21. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I just want to say I cannot handle the heat so please keep me out of the fire. lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

damn, 1 week too late! but geez, this bye week could not come soon enough for me

23. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

When I saw the title, I was immediately thinking "here we go again" LOL! Good read though man, I'm just trying to keep it in the road. This league is so tough. It's easy to be on a 3 game win streak and next thing you know you are on a 4 or 5 game losing streak.

• Like Like x 3