Suggestion Box - Content

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, in the past, I have tried to run each season like a story. If it's done right, we start to learn the names of the players on other squads, we follow their wins and losses a bit more closely, and we know who's in the running for awards and such. As the seasons went on last year, we went from personalized content (each coach having his own summary thread AND his own recruiting thread) to, at the end, single threads for summaries and recruiting for each conference. As we moved on, content requirements lessened. I think we should do something similar again, since it'll make things easier for the guys as the seasons move on, and it'll feel less like work. But I know there is going to be a gung-ho beginning, so I want us to be able to have fun with it.

Here's what I'm thinking:

We start with one sticky thread for each coach, with titles like "Coach Griffin's Ohio Bobcats" and in that thread goes everything we want to write about our teams - recruiting, summaries (which will be required, even if they're only a screen shot) and whatever else we feel like posting (possible award candidates, injuries, breakout freshmen, etc.) for the first season or two. Since the recruiting talk will be not that relevant, we can replace it with a discussion of potential openings, perhaps making a "coaching hot seat" thread of some kind where we discuss possible openings and possible candidates. As the seasons move on ...

... and we get bigger jobs, we move into conference threads similar to those we had recently, (where everyone in the conference posts in the same place) and we add the "big boy" recruiting talk under the 1-7-70 and bonus recruiting system. So, as we move on, and funnel into leagues with more user contact, we will also funnel into the same discussion spaces, where we can best talk smack and keep up on our leagues. Fewer threads, less required, but more overall content since we are all posting in the same places.

So, we start by following the coaches, and end up following the conferences. Make sense? thoughts?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Probably time to bump this.

Since we're staying big, I think we might want to condense the content like we did in the latter part of last year. One thread per conference, with an award of some sort given to the most entertaining and informative thread - something small, but in-game and useful. That way, we police ourselves by conference.

I'll do the recruiting stuff, and any additional content can be driven by those who want to do it. So, if there's something you're into, do it up, so to speak.

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'd like to do my old fall back standard if its ok. A gambling game where we wager on user vs user games throughout the season.

Week 1 we start with $100. You can wager on 1 game per week in any amount you want against the spreads that I set for each game. You are not allowed to wager on your own game.

If we want we can give the winner something small but cool at the end of each season (1 extra recruit...ect.)

What do you think?

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

(y)

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Sounds good! I'll GitRDone!

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hmmm... I'll have to think about this... I liked doing the Recruit of the Week in The Pride and hoped to carry it over here...

Any suggestions? I'll pretty open to whatever...

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've always dug the wager game., especially when a player feels disrespected when his peers bet overwhelmingly against him, leading to a motivated performance. Good times.

There are so many possibilities when it comes to content. Game of the Week, Freshmen Spotlight, Coach's Corner, etc. I'm game for whatever.

But if I had to insist on anything, it would be the all-inclusive recruiting thread. Those are always fun.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Agreed... One of the more fun deals in CoC.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would be interested in doing a weekly power rankings of user teams.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

This is new territory for me, so I'll defer to the veterans. For my other OLD, I typically write a weekly summary when we advance. This ranges from long-winded essays (that take up to an hour to write) in the early and middle parts of the dynasty to "Week 12 Underway" in the later parts of the dynasty. I like to think I write well and would be happy to follow suit with whatever plan is laid out.

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I'd like to do a season review every 4 or so weeks. The reasoning behind the 4 weeks is that it gives me slot to talk about and it seems when I do weekly content I hit it hard....but then I get burned out half way through the season and then it becomes a chore.

So while others are doing their weekly and bi weeklys. I think I will take from each and compile a review with commentary, smacktalk, stats. Whatever I can think of to put in it